And while we await Disney World’s reopening proposal which is also scheduled to take place this morning, Disney Store locations have just posted several guidelines of the new health and safety precautions they will be implementing upon their reopening.
Although Disney hasn’t announced when Disney Stores across the country will reopen, they have posted these new safety measures on shopDisney this morning along with the following statement:
According to the website, face masks will be mandatory to enter a Disney Store while guests will be encouraged to socially distance themselves while shopping and waiting to check-out. Markers will be placed throughout the store similar to the ones we’ve seen utilized throughout Disney Springs now that several locations have reopened. Plexiglass shields have also been installed at all the cash registers.
Disney Stores will be cleaning the store and its fixtures more frequently as well as limiting each store’s capacity when necessary.
Store hours may be modified while all in-store events have been postponed. To find out if a Disney Store near you has reopened, you can use shopDisney’s store locator page here. Disney Store is also strongly encouraging guests to use contactless forms of payment.
Once Disney Stores reopen, some limited-edition releases or other products might not be available. Disney Store has also listed a Closure FAQ on its website which states its stores will be:
- Implementing a phased reopening approach to determine when it is appropriate to reopen each Disney store location
- Reducing store hours and Disney store capacities to help facilitate physical distancing
- Relocating fixtures, furniture and products to make navigating the store easier
- Implementing a requirement that face coverings be worn by Guests ages 2 and up and Cast Members while in the Disney store
- Ensuring easy access to hand sanitizers for Guests and Cast Members
- Temporarily pausing Opening Ceremony and in-store events
- Enhancing our cleaning procedures throughout the day
- Deploying new training and health screening protocols for Cast Members
Cast Members will be required to undergo a health screening checklist and take their temperature at home each day before reporting to work.
Due to the disruption, Disney Stores have extended their return policy for purchases made in-store on or after February 15, 2020. They will now be allowing returns to be made 30 days after the stores reopen. Additionally, any unused coupons that expired while the stores were closed will be honored until December 31st, 2020.
Do you have a Disney Store near you? Let us know in the comments below!