One of the best parts about eating at Animal Kingdom’s Sanaa is the infamous bread service. Served as an appetizer, this dish includes Indian-style Naan bread that is served with NINE different dipping accompaniments. YUM.
Next time you’re at Animal Kingdom, we highly recommend checking out this African-style restaurant. But if you want to try out that amazing bread NOW, then we have the recipe for you!
Disney shared a recipe so you can learn how to make not only the Indian-style Naan, but also one of the delicious accompaniments – Cucumber Raita!
This dish is super versatile – it would be a great appetizer or even a meal in itself! The bread service can also be ordered alongside drinks at the Sanaa Lounge, so this dish could also easily go alongside your own personal happy hour. If you decide to go that route, don’t forget to mix up a Disney-themed drink, like this Black Magic Margarita tutorial from La Cava del Tequila.
Here’s how you can try this dish out at home:
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced into small pieces
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeds, and stem removed, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
This recipe makes five 8-inch naan breads.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; stir to combine.
- Combine milk, water, and oil in a medium bowl; whisk to combine.
- With mixer running, pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. As soon as mixture comes together, switch attachment to a dough hook and mix until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Do not over-mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place a pizza stone on a top rack of oven, positioned approximately 6 inches below the broiler. Preheat oven to 500°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough evenly into 5 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into an 8-inch circle.
- Turn oven to broil. Carefully slide one circle of dough onto the preheated pizza stone, and broil until bread is bubbled and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Watch carefully, as the bread can burn very quickly. Repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Brush the warm bread with melted butter and serve immediately.
Makes two cups.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Chill before serving.
Don’t forget to check out all of our other Disney recipes! If you’re looking to bring a little Disney to your dinner table, then we’ve got all of the recipes for you – from Mickey waffles to the ICONIC grey stuff!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you tried making a Disney recipe at home? How did it turn out? What is your favorite? Make sure to comment below!