There are different collections, including ones focused on the characters, vintage Disney World items, and even some resort-specific merchandise. Online you can find a box filled with 50th Anniversary souvenirs — if you’re willing to drop half a grand, that is.
Now, we’re no strangers to spending money on Disney things. Sometimes we see that new set of Minnie ears and just can’t help ourselves. (We bet a lot of you know the feeling too. 😉) But $500? That’s not light spending, even for a Disney World souvenir! What could this new souvenir be that’s possibly worth spending that much?
On shopDisney, the limited-edition Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Box is now available for order, for the price of $500.
This box comes stocked with limited-edition items, both collectibles and souvenirs. The box itself is pretty cool…
…since it has a “video greeting” and pop-up Cinderella Castle when you open it.
The video greeting is an MP4 player that runs for 45 to 60 minutes and can be recharged with a USB port. Under the video greeting, you’ll find collector’s items like:
- a 1971 Walt Disney World Reproduction Map
- a Magic Kingdom 11 Adventures Reproduction Ticket Book
- a Walt Disney ”The Florida Project” Puzzle
- a Walt Disney World Postcard Booklet
- a Mickey Mouse Reproduction Journal – Walt Disney World
- an Orange Bird Mini Snow Globe
- a Mickey Mouse at Walt Disney World Commemorative Cloisonné Coin
- a Walt Disney World Commemorative Souvenir License Plate
The Reproduction Ticket Book doesn’t actually have value as a Disney World ticket (otherwise we could understand the hefty price tag). The puzzle is a 1,000-piece puzzle that shows Walt Disney with a map of Florida.
And we have to admit…we do kind of want that Orange Bird Snow Globe.
On the next level of the box, there are a few Disney World souvenirs, like:
- a Cinderella Castle Magnet – Walt Disney World
- a Minnie Mouse Ear Headband – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary
- a Cinderella Castle Pin – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary – Limited Release
- a Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Flair Pin Set – Limited Release
- a Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse ”Partners” Lanyard and Pouch – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary
- a 3″ Mickey Mouse Vinylmation Figure – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary
- a Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse ”Partners” Giclée and Envelope – Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary
- a Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin
- and a 50th Anniversary MagicBand – Limited Edition
One of the coolest things here has to be those Minnie ears. It’s possible that this box is the only way to get those particular ears…and if so, we’re more tempted than we thought we’d be.
And look — a Gold Mickey Vinylmation! The MagicBand is also a good addition, with the 50th Anniversary logo all over the band and a little clip on the side.
That’s everything that comes in this 50th Anniversary box!
Is this worth the $500?! There are quite a few really rare and limited edition items inside! Share your thoughts!!
Keep following DFB, and we’ll let you know about all the new Disney merchandise we spot!
Would you pay $500 for the box full of Disney World souvenirs? Let us know in the comments!