On select nights from September 5 – October 31, 2023, the one and only Oogie Boogie — along with some of his fellow Disney Villains — will once again host the Oogie Boogie Bash! Guests are invited to wear costumes and experience Bash-exclusive entertainment along with access to the park’s attractions and MUCH more!
The Oogie Boogie Bash features interactive Trick-or-Treat Trails where guests will spot Villains along the way, Disney character sightings (sporting their own Halloween costumes), and “not-too-spooky” decorations (including effects transforming Carthay Circle’s Bell Tower). You’ll find Bash-exclusive snacks available for purchase. AND Bash-exclusive entertainment includes Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show, the Frightfully Fun Parade, and the Villains Grove maze filled with villainous scenes presented through lights, shadows, and sounds along the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
P.S. A few new ne’er-do-wells have joined Oogie Boogie and friends (or should we say foes?)… And what’s this we hear about a SPOOKTACULAR TRIO at the Bash??
Check out our 2022 Oogie Boogie Bash adventures — from early arrival to end — by clicking HERE!
2023 Oogie Boogie Bash Information
Location and Time
The Oogie Boogie Bash takes place at Disney California Adventure in Disneyland Resort. The Bash officially begins at 6PM and ends at 11PM, but ticket holders may enter the park starting at 3PM.
2023 Dates and Prices
The Oogie Boogie Bash will be held on 25 select nights starting on September 5th and ending on October 31st. Ticket prices started at $134, but vary based on the dates, as follows:
- Tuesday, September 5 — $134
- Thursday, September 7 — $144
- Sunday, September 10 — $159
- Tuesday, September 12 — $134
- Thursday, September 14 — $144
- Sunday, September 17 — $159
- Tuesday, September 19 — $134
- Thursday, September 21 — $144
- Sunday, September 24 — $159
- Tuesday, September 26 — $144
- Thursday, September 28 — $144
- Sunday, October 1 — $169
- Tuesday, October 3 — $159
- Thursday, October 5 — $159
- Sunday, October 8 — $169
- Tuesday, October 10 — $159
- Thursday, October 12 — $159
- Sunday, October 15 — $169
- Tuesday, October 17 — $159
- Thursday, October 19 — $159
- Sunday, October 22 — $169
- Tuesday, October 24 — $169
- Thursday, October 26 — $169
- Sunday, October 29 — $189
- Tuesday, October 31 — $189
General admission tickets will go on sale on June 29, 2023 (no earlier than 9AM PT) on the Disneyland website. Magic Key holders can purchase tickets starting on June 27th (no earlier than 9AM PT).
Special Entertainment and Inclusions
Find our coverage from 2022 below as we wait for the 2023 Oogie Boogie Bash to begin this September!
Interactive Treat Trails
Throughout Disney California Adventure, there are Immersive Treat Trails to find Cast Members handing out Treat Bags (and, more importantly) CANDY the party guests!
Simply look for the Treat Trail markers around the park. (The treat trails are also listed in the Bash Guide Map and the Disneyland app.)
Don’t forget to say “Trick or Treat” for your goodies, courtesy of Mars Wrigley!
The candy is only a fraction of the fun… you won’t BELIEVE all the Villains we saw along the Treat Trail way…
Explore ALL of the Treat Trails with us HERE!
Frightfully Fun Parade
At Oogie Boogie Bash, guests can catch the Frightfully Fun Parade!
This parade is PACKED with rarely seen Disney characters including — but by no means limited to — the Headless Horseman, Lady Tremaine, The Ugly Stepsisters, The Red Queen, Captain Hook, Judge Frollo, Jafar, Ursula, and SO many more!
See MUCH more of the Frightfully FUN Parade here!
Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show
Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show is an “interactive stage production” at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
Guests can catch characters, dance to Halloween music, and even hear some not-so-scary stories!
Click here to see MORE of Mickey’s Trick & Treat Show!
Villains Grove can be found along the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in the Grizzly Peak area of Disney California Adventure Park.
During Oogie Boogie Bash, the forest is transformed with themed decorations, lights, and sounds to fit each villain’s story as you travel through the spooky woods!
There are 8 differently themed areas along the path: Frollo’s Sanctuary, Maleficent’s Will, Queen of Hearts Garden, Scar’s Elephant Graveyard, Dr. Facilier’s Friends on the Other Side, The Wicked Queen’s Lightning Forest, Home of the Wisps, and Dawn…
And YOU can take a virtual stroll through Villains Grove to see more HERE!
You can find characters dressed in their Halloween best (or, in the case of many Villains, their usual wicked best) around the park! NEW to the Bash this year is… well, “WE DON’T TALK about” him… but we HAVE to talk about BRUNO from Encanto!
See a VIDEO of Bruno’s FIRST appearance at a Disney park HERE!
AND at one of the Treat Trails this year you can meet THE Ernesto de la Cruz from Coco!
Also NEW to the party this year is Mother Gotel from Tangled. (We spotted her along a Treat Trail).
There is also a meet-and-greet spot where you’ll find Minnie, Daisy, and Clarabelle dressed up as the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus!
But you think that’s ALL? Nope! Not by a longshot…
Click HERE to find out more about unique Character Sightings at Oogie Boogie Bash!
If you’ll be heading to Oogie Boogie Bash, there are a few exclusive treats at the event, including:
- Loaded Buffalo Chicken Fries ($12.49) at Flo’s V8 Cafe
- Strawberry-flavored Pain Churro with hints of Ghost Pepper ($5.75) at the Paradise Gardens Park Churro Cart
- Raspberry-flavored Panic Churro ($5.75) at Señor Buzz Churros
- Mistress of Evil Chocolate Cake from Wine Country Trattoria
Oogie Boogie Bash Photo Ops
Disney PhotoPass is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket, so you can take all kinds of scary photos during the party, then download the images on the Disneyland app!
There are some special spots where you can take pictures at the event, and TWO exclusive MagicShots.
Remember that in order to download your Disney PhotoPass pics, you’ll need to have a Disneyland account with your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket linked.
Care to take home a souvenir (or two) to remember your time at the Oogie Boogie Bash?
From apparel to souvenir cups to collectible Disney Pins and more…
… there is lots of PARTY-EXCLUSIVE merchandise to choose from!
Click HERE to see the 2022 Oogie Boogie Bash MERCHANDISE!
Oogie Boogie Bash Guests can also enjoy:
- Access to park attractions in a limited capacity environment. (Guests can also visit California Adventure lands like Avenger’s Campus, Cars Land, and Pixar Pier. In Cars Land, the Cars put on a Halloween transformation with Halloween “Car-stumes,” ride overlays, and special Halloween treats.)
- Special photo opportunities: PhotoPass is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket, so you can take all kinds of scary photos during the party, then download the images on the Disneyland app!
- Party-exclusive snacks available for extra purchase.
- Party-exclusive merchandise available for extra purchase.
- Oogie Boogie Bash starts at 6PM PT, but guests are able to enter Disney California Adventure Park 3 hours before the party starts.
- Park Pass Reservations are NOT required for Boo Bash ticket holders.
- Tickets for this event sell out VERY quickly, so interested guests may want to purchase their tickets as soon as possible for future events.
- Disney has provided Costume Guidelines for this event, which you can review in full here. You can also check out some ABSOLUTELY EPIC guest costumes HERE!
Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party at Sonoma Terrace
Guests attending the Oogie Boogie Bash may add the Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party to your Bash experience. Note that Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular is a fireworks production exclusive to Party guests! The Dessert Party includes an array of Halloween-themed desserts and beverages as well as reserved seating in front of Sonoma Terrace for Frightfully Fun Parade.
In 2022, this add-on was $89.00 per guest. Stay tuned for 2023 information! An event ticket for Oogie Boogie Bash is required but not included. When tickets become available, interested guests may book via the Disneyland website.
Click here to check out Dining Packages and Dessert Parties with Reserved Seating for Disneyland Spectaculars, Parades, and Shows
Want to Learn More About Disneyland?
Check Out the Links Below!
DFB Disneyland Restaurants Guide
Disney Genie and How to Use it in Disneyland
What You Need to Know About the Theme Park Reservation System for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure
Closures and Construction at Disneyland
Learn All About Disneyland Park
See What Marvelous Stuff You’ll Find at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure
Learn About Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure
Get All the Details About the Disneyland Mobile App
Everything You Need to Know About Mobile Order in Disneyland
Learn More About Disneyland’s Magic Key Program
Full Details About the Holiday Season in Disneyland
Full Details About Halloween Time at Disneyland
Get Some STRANGE Tips for Disneyland