No More Free Parking for Disney World Resort Guests?!?

Effective for reservations made starting March 21, 2018, registered guests at Disney World Resort hotels will be charged a nightly fee for self-parking.

Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

The parking fee will be added to the guest’s hotel folio upon checkout. Rates will vary based on Resort type, as follows:

Value Resorts: $13 per night
Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Deluxe Resorts: $24 per night

Tax is included for all prices above.

Complimentary standard parking is included for guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, with space for one motorized vehicle.

Additionally, valet parking will increase to $33 per night at Deluxe Resorts and Villas.

Disney Vacation Club Members won’t be charged for overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa (regardless of whether or not they use vacation points to reserve their stay). Nor will members be charged when using vacation points to stay at a Disney Resort hotel.

Now, how will this change affect guests hoping to dine, shop, or enjoy entertainment or recreation at a Disney Resort? At this time, “Day Guests” (those not staying overnight at the Resort) will still be able to self-park without a fee (space permitting, presumably).

To Keep Up to Date On Important Disney News Like This, Sign Up for Our Newsletter Here!

What are your thoughts on these changes to Resort parking? Please let us know your thoughts with a comment!

Comments

1. Stephen Keane says

I agree with everybody that has put a comment on this website but if you really think about it it doesn’t matter to them anymore they’ve already made their billions of dollars even if the park was twofold they made their money they don’t need us anymore so they don’t care if we don’t come they don’t care how we feel they’ve made their money and they don’t care about the General Public

2. Marsha Smith Harris says

I have enjoyed coming to Disney and have been and am now currently a passholder. BUT I may not be in the future. Prices keep going up and up and to charge for parking after paying premium rates to stay at one of your resorts I think is AWFUL!! I know you don’t care about my income but maybe you should.

3. Greg says

I was concerned that this would cause many lifetime fans of Disney to rethink their vacation plans. I wrote to Disney guest services to make sure this awful rumor is true. Hoping to get a response from them saying they have not imposed an additional fee on guests.

4. Eadoine says

This change will make it harder for families to afford a stay at WDW resorts

This does make me feel like a guest

5. Sharon says

Paying for parking?? Outrageous. Certain incremental increases are expected over the years. However , there are too many and they are too expensive. Disney has been our go- to place since 1975- up to four times a year. However … enough is enough ! Plenty of other places to vacation that will appreciate our business.

I am so sad. Won’t be going to the Happiest Place on earth any more. Just can’t afford it. This parking fee is ridiculous. Disney? Do you really need the money that bad? The hotels keep going up, the passes keep going up, parking at the parks keeps going up….. This is the last straw. I’m done. You have priced me and my family out. Even my niece, with her DVC, is sick of it all. She is selling her time share. It’s too bad….

7. Deb says

Flood them with reactions:

robert.a.iger@disney.com

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

From All Ears. net:

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
    P.O. Box 10000
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

This is the universal address! For example, if you want to write to the General Manager of All Star Music, or any other resort, address the envelope to the person and use the P.O. Box 10000 address.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mr. George Kalogridis
    President, Walt Disney World Resort
    PO Box 10000
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

8. Nancy says

Ever since Eisner started squeezing money from visitors, it has gotten worse! My husband predicted years ago that we would be on the outside of the razor wire, looking in!

9. Patti says

These corporations were just given massive tax cuts. Adding the parking fee is the final straw. Between Trump and corporate greed average families won’t be able to go. Sad

10. Gale Witt says

We stay inside because they DON’T charge extra for extra room fees and parking as the non Disney hotels do in Lake BuenaVista Florida. Why should annual passholders have to pay for parking? This is a rotten idea and shows the excessive greed that Disney is going through.

11. avis beaver says

I thiink This is awful. To charge Toto park when you are pay top dollar for the room already. May as wellstay off grounds at a cheaper hotel. Whats next paying for the transportation to the parks

12. giselle cox says

I sent 2 emails and 3 letters using the above addresses. Disney execs need to hear from us!

13. Linda says

I think it is terrible that you now have to pay to park when staying on property and paying to stay in your hotels.What is the purpose of this charge? Walt would not be happy at the prices that are being charged.He wanted this to be a place where the average family could come and enjoy.Not no more it is way out of reach.So sad.!Greed!

14. Lois says

Dislike having to pay for parking at the hotels. Very wrong just greedy on their part and all the other hotels that do the same thing

15. Kim Volz says

I may be on board with this charge if each resort had a parking garage and parking was limited, but there is plenty of parking available. I would justify all the increases over the years because I love WDW but this makes no sense to me.

16. Kelly D says

I had written a complaint letter, detailing several concerns that I’ve had about eroding values in Disney World. After several days I’ve just received a clearly stock answer that skipped over most of my comments and defended the parking charge as bringing Disney World in line with their other resorts, which have already charged for parking. This was not a satisfying response, given the specificity of my complaints. Sadly, I’ve had much better customer service from other retailers and travel companies in recent years. Disney is no longer my gold standard.

17. Joseph says

Charging for resort parking is OUTRAGEOUS. Many Long time Disney fans will revisit their loyalty to Disney. I know I will. Big mistake. Disney is forgetting the middle class. I know Walt is turning over in his grave.

18. GV says

I am shocked. I shouldn’t be, but I am. This, far more than the annual ticket price increase, truly discourages me because it simply is not necessary. I have to fight to get my husband to take these trips as it is, not because he doesn’t enjoy them, but because of the absurdity of cost. Our next one will probably be our last one for a long while. Do you happen to know how this will affect people who booked their resort stay before this change of policy but have modified it after the change?

19. Jim M. says

I want to join all the other comments – utterly disappointed and a ridiculous move by Disney however they spin it. Been coming to WDW since 1990 and have enjoyed every minute. Always defended their pricing as they provided a good value, and as a previous small business owner I admired their business model. I also believe a business has the right to charge whatever they choose for their product or service. However, my right is to accept or reject their decisions and after all these years I’m choosing to say ‘goodbye.’ It isn’t about money as much as the principle – businesses shouldn’t be rewarded for dumb decisions. This one ranks right up there as one of the worse ever! Hope they find better customer – I haven’t even begun to estimate my ‘contribution’ over the years with more than 100 trips, 200+ nights at Disney resorts, not to mention annual passes, dining and gift purchases! I’m sure there are many others that found WDW a special experience. But, I can’t continue with a business that disrespects it’s customers with dumb business decisions!

This new parking fee just confirms the fact that Disney is not about families anymore, it is all about the MONEY! The only way that Disney will reverse this policy is if people start canceling their vacations and Disney starts losing money! As long as they are making money and people continue to book their vacations with them and pay these out rages fees they will continue to increase prices . Obviously, they really don’t care about their guest complaining. But when you start hitting their pockets then there will be change! Other than that I only see Disney getting more and more and more expensive in the future. I agree with other comments but it’s time to put our money where our mouth is and stop at booking Disney vacations and look to other vacation spots!

21. Richard Glaholt says

Does this mean that guests who made reservations BEFORE March 21 will NOT be charged for parking?

22. Glenn C. says

Reading these posts inspired me to put a new twist on an old fable….

Disney Kills the Goose that laid the Golden Eggs

“Once upon a time there was a magical place. In that magical place there lived a hen that laid a golden egg each and every day.
    People came from all over to marvel at the miracle.
    They brought their families, generation after generation.
    There were other places they could go to see, but they were loyal to the owner of the hen.
    Over the years the man became quite rich from the golden eggs, but alas as time went on the man became more and more greedy.
    He started to charge people to see the hen, first a little, then a lot.
    Then he charged people for the food to feed the hen; then to take pictures with the hen.
    Soon only the richest of visitors were allowed inside to see the hen.
    Everything the visitors touched or did became a way for the man to make more money but it still wasn’t enough to satisfy his greed.
    Foolishly he grasped for more and expecting to find a treasure inside, the man slaughtered the hen. When he found that the hen did not have a treasure inside her after all, he tried to make up the lost money by charging his loyal visitors to park at his magical place.
    First the middle class families stopped coming not just because of the cost, but because much of what was once magical died with the hen.
    The rich also stopped coming for with the magic lost, and greed to replace it, even the rich stayed away.
    Soon after the man realized the folly of his ways, but it was too late as the loyal visitors he once had no longer came and the man was left with the place, but no magic.
    The moral of the story is don’t forget the people who helped build the magical place, and don’t let greed for profits kill the magic.”

23. Stephen Keane says

I have read a lot of comments about how stupid Disney was to charge people to park and to go up on the tickets and I agree with everybody but Disney is so stupid if they had just tucked that price into the room charge the little more for the room nobody would be upset but they’re not the smartest people in the world andnow they pissed everybody off and if they lose money it’s on them they make enough stop milking the people

24. Kelly says

I think you should not have to pay for parking if you cannot afford air fare and need to drive to the most magical place on earth, you should not be penalized to pay parking.

25. Linda Watach says

Just because some Florida resorts charge is no excuse. Taking away no expire option on tickets and now the parking fees. Agree with emailing and writing. There should be floods of it. Let’s do this for Walt. This was not his dream.

26. Nicole says

I think this is terrible. I am Definitely going to looking into Airbnb and a ride share app. But then again I might just st be over Disney’s price gouging for good now. I am an avid Disney fan and this may have been the final line.

27. Barbara Blohm says

I have been coming to Disney since it opened in 1971. Over the years my eldest daughter and I became Annual Passholders and would go twice a year for the Flower and Garden Show and the Wine and Food Festival. It was more cost effective as we would be there for 10 days. We always rent a car as we like the freedom to come and go. We liked being able to go to the Disney outlet stores in the shopping malls and pick up water and items at we forgot at the local Wal-Mart or Target stores. The cost of the rooms has cut us down to staying only 6-7 days. We have stayed in almost every resort even some of the DVC’s. We will be making a trip soon and will be our last with our Passholders. They have gone up over $200 for the year since our first purchase. With the parking fee it put the cherry on the top (as the saying goes)on our decision nit to renew. Also as a stock holder of one share that will be sold. My earning last time was .87. What a joke. We had come to love our bi-annual visit but is no longer affordable for us. Yes people. The only way Disney will get the message is by flooding them with letters and messages.

UK visitors will be exempt from the charges as long as they have either booked direct with Disney UK or a package through a UK tour company such as Virgin Holidays, British Air or Thompson. This is in effect until the end of 2019.

29. Rebecca Watson says

I’m a native Floridian and have been going to Disney since it first opened. My husband and I used to stay in Disney properties years ago when the average human could afford it. We are annual pass holders and come 3-4 times a year (including the Food & Wine and Flower & Garden Festivals). We always stay in either Hilton properties or timeshare resorts now because we can get a week for what it costs to stay 2 nights in most comparable Disney properties.