One of the biggest parts of prepping for your vacation is choosing where to stay during your trip. Disney World has tons of resort options for every price point. But, if you’re looking to save some extra cash (and really, who isn’t?!), here are some top tips for scoring the best deals on Disney hotels this year!
There are so many things to consider when planning your first, second, tenth, or even one hundredth Disney World trip!
And there are quite a few things that Disney probably wants us to tell you — like how some of their snacks are ridiculously delicious, or how they’ve got some cool activities you’ll want to check out during your next trip. But, there are also quite a few things that Disney probably does NOT want us to tell you, like that you shouldn’t pay rack rate for your hotel or how to save some BIG BUCKS on Disney merch. So, today we’re sharing 10 things you need to know that Disney doesn’t want us to tell you!
YAY! You’re planning a Disney World vacation and we couldn’t be more EXCITED for you! ::Happy dance! Happy dance!::
We’re betting you’ve already done some extensive research to figure out which Disney World resort hotel is best for you, but we want to share a few common pitfalls that trip up a lot of Disney World guests!
You have a LOT of options when it comes to choosing your Disney World Resort hotel.
We know how daunting the decision of accommodations can be when you’re planning your Disney trip. It’s a SUPER expensive part of your trip, and you want to get it right!
So, we’re breaking down a few of the options for you! Trying to decide between a deluxe, moderate, or value resort? Here’s why you should DEFINITELY consider a Disney World value resort.
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Disney Springs Area Resort Hotels extend guest benefits through 2019!
- Registration is now open for pasta making demonstrations at Terralina Crafted Italian.
- Annual Passholders enjoyed Super Saturday at Disney Springs!
- New pizza window opens in Epcot’s Italy Pavilion!
- Check out the new Disney After Hours dates for the Magic Kingdom event.
- New breakfast menu posted at Pongu Pongu in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Teachers and students can get free cupcakes at Sprinkles.
- Celebrate your Un-Birthday with a new milkshake in the Magic Kingdom.
- We reviewed the NEW Galaxy Loaded Fries at Cosmic Ray’s!
- Check out the photo tour of the HalloWishes Dessert Party in the Magic Kingdom!
- We’re talking about the Flatbread of the Month and a new mug at Pinocchio Village Haus.
- We spotted a Mickey Mouse Macaron and more at Amorette’s Patisserie!
- Check out the new make-your-own-art experiences at the BoardWalk.
- New menu items debut at Prince Eric’s Village Market in the Magic Kingdom!
- We have the latest updates about construction at the Magic Kingdom, including Club 33!
- There is a new secret menu item at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.
- We have the latest menu updates and more from the Value Resorts!
- Check out the new wine glass painting class at AbracadaBar on the BoardWalk.
- We have dining updates for hotels at Disneyland Resort.
- Is the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs getting a new name?
- Check out our Food and Wine Dooney & Bourke giveaway!
- We have a new food hack at the Grand Floridian Cafe.
- We checked out the new menu items at Tortuga Tavern in the Magic Kingdom!
- Celebrate fall with WonderFall Flavors at Disney Springs.
- Check out the new fall inspired menu items at The Polite Pig in Disney Springs.
- The artwork has been revealed for the new Centertown Market at Caribbean Beach Resort.
- New fall cupcakes and treats have arrived at several Disney World Resort Hotels.
- Halloween-themed refillable resort mugs are now available at Disney World.
- Casey’s Corner is now serving a Vegan Slaw Dog!
- Check out our latest tips from the DFB Guide to the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- Check out the special fall rates at the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Food Tour of Disney World’s Yacht and Beach Club, 13 Cool Things You Might Not Have Noticed at Disney World, Typhoon Lagoon Food Tour, and Chicken Guy! in Disney Springs Review.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: 13 Cool Things You Might Not Have Noticed at Disney World
Walt Disney World’s Pop Century Resort
is known for its nostalgic take on all things, from decor to food. This is the place to get your hands on Tie-Dye Cheesecake, Quiche, and Pot Roast just like Grandma used to make! (Okay, maybe Grandma wasn’t making Tie Dye Cheesecake…)
Everything Pop is the shopping and dining locale for the resort, and just like all great food courts, there are tons of options to suit every palate.
The Minnie Van service is a Disney-operated personal ride program available in partnership with the Lyft app, featuring Disney World Cast Members as drivers. When the program made its debut last year, it was first available to guests only at select Deluxe Resorts.
However, the rollout of the program has expanded over the past several months. And now, the rollout is complete and guests staying at any Disney World Resort — Value, Moderate, and Deluxe — can access the service, as well as guests at Four Seasons Orlando and the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels. (Guests who already have the service on their apps can get rides to and from any on-property location at any time.)
TODAY’S THE DAY! Walt Disney World’s Free Dining Offer is officially coming back and will be offered to guests for select dates in August, September, November, and December 2018 (NOTE: There are no October dates this year, but if your check-in date is in late September, you can obviously take your stay into October).
Disney World Free Dining 2018 Travel Dates
August 20* – September 29, 2018
November 24 – November 27, 2018
December 7 – December 23, 2018
UPDATE: The booking window — which originally closed on July 7th — has been extended to August 1, 2018!
(See below for participating resorts. Please note that the offer excludes several resorts this year, including campsites, 3-bedroom villas, and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Little Mermaid Standard Rooms.)
Disney Resorts For Disney World Free Dining Offer
If you stay at a participting Value or Moderate Resort, you’ll receive the Quick Service Dining plan for FREE. (Note that you can upgrade to the standard or deluxe dining plans by paying the difference in cost per night.)
Participating Value Resorts include:
- All-Star Music
- All-Star Sports
- Art of Animation Resort (Family Suites only)
- Pop Century
Participating Moderate Resorts include:
- The Cabins at Fort Wilderness (campsites excluded)
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort
If you reserve a participating Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort, you will receive the standard Dining plan for FREE. (You can upgrade to the deluxe dining plan by paying the difference in cost per night.)
Participating Deluxe Resorts include:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Beach Club Resort
- BoardWalk Inn
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Yacht Club Resort
Participating Deluxe Villas include:
- Animal Kingdom Villas — Jambo House
- Animal Kingdom Lodge — Kidani Village
- Beach Club Villas
- BoardWalk Villas
- Old Key West Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Minimum/Maximum Days for Disney World Free Dining Offer
You must book a minimum stay of 4 nights/maximum stay of 14 nights at a participating Disney-owned resort. You also need to purchase AT LEAST a 4-day Magic Your Way Disney World ticket with a Park Hopper AND/OR the Park Hopper Plus Option.
Ready to Book Free Dining? We’ve Got a Limited Time Offer From Our Trusted Travel Agent Partners!
The agents at Small World Vacations are ready to help you save time, headaches and best of all, money. They compare available discounts to find the best deal for you. This is why they are the preferred travel agent of the Disney Food Blog.
Book a new 2018 Walt Disney World® vacation valued at $3600 or more and get one FREE Mickey Themed insulated cooler filled with yummy treats and surprises delivered to your onsite Walt Disney World resort room. (Items may vary.)
This offer is good for check-ins August 2 through December 31, 2018. Offer must be booked with Small World Vacations April 24 through May 1, 2018. Restrictions apply. Substitutions may be necessary. Personalization not available.
If you already booked your 2018 Walt Disney World vacation directly with Disney within the last 30 days and it’s valued at $3600 or more (without airfare and not yet paid in full) for an arrival between August 2 – December 31, 2018, it’s not too late to get the Mickey Themed Insulated Cooler with goodies! Transferred reservations qualify! Offer expires May 1, 2018. Restrictions apply. For details email Small World Vacations at [email protected] smallworldvacations.com and mention DFB code DFBFD18.
If you are ready to begin planning a trip, simply fill out Small World Vacations’ no obligation quote form! Small World Vacations is happy to share over 20 years of Disney expertise and firsthand experience with MyDisneyExperience, dining reservations and FastPass+ so you can sit back, relax and get ready to enjoy your vacation.
* In-room gift courtesy of Small World Vacations. Comparable approximate value at Disney Florist is $59.95. While supplies last. One tote per qualifying new 2018 Walt Disney World vacation reservation valued at $3600 or more for check-in August 2 – December 31, 2018. No cash value and void if cancelled. Non-transferable. Substitutions may be necessary. Offer valid on bookings made April 24 – May 1, 2018 for travel dates August 2-December 31, 2018.
Click Here to Join the Disney Food Blog Newsletter for More Great Discount Updates!
Effective for reservations made starting March 21, 2018, registered guests at Disney World Resort hotels will be charged a nightly fee for self-parking.
The parking fee will be added to the guest’s hotel folio upon checkout. Rates will vary based on Resort type, as follows: