Overnight loads of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge info dropped — and we’ve sorted out the MOST IMPORTANT information for you! (We know you’re busy and have better things to do than stare at your phone all day. You’re welcome.)
Galaxy’s Edge Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Ride
Want to know what’s in store for one of Galaxy’s Edge’s main attractions? Rise of the Resistance sounds like it’s going to live up to all the hype as this longest Disney attraction ever is actually a combination of four different experiences in one! Here’s what we know, in a nutshell:
- Riders start out in a military outpost built by the resistance
- BB8 and Rey ask us to join a mission for the Resistance to fight the First Order.
- We join Poe Dameron on a transport ship piloted by Nien Nunb and take off (while standing).
- Space battle ensues.
- Our transport ship loses and gets sucked into a Star Destroyer tractor beam.
- The doors open to the sight of 50 Storm Troopers; First Order officers separate the guests into smaller groups and bring them to jail cells.
- Kylo Ren interrogates us…we must escape.
- That’s just the first third of the attraction — there’s lots more to be revealed, including the trackless dark ride that comes later.
Star Wars Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run Ride
The second major attraction coming to Galaxy’s Edge is Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run, which puts you in the pilot’s seat (or the flight engineer’s or gunner’s seats!) as you take control of the Millennium Falcon on a mission to transport contraband! The attraction provides several different views of the ship and ultimately ends up with riders piloting the ship with sweeping cockpit views!
And, oh yeah, what makes this different from Mission:Space (among other things) is that you can actually mess this up. It’s possible to FAIL at this mission…and be reminded of it over and over again while you continue through Galaxy’s Edge the rest of the your day… .
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Restaurants and Food
We’ve been daydreaming about Oga’s Cantina, the previously-announced lounge restaurant coming to Galaxy’s Edge, but now we have info on even more places to fuel up in the new land! Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo will serve up Oven-Roasted Burra Fish, Smoked Kaadu, and Fried Endorian Tip-Yip (oddly fried chicken-y…). Ronto Roasters will serve up sandwiches at a snack kiosk.
A Blue and Green Milk cart will help keep visitors ready for adventure. And Kat Saka’s Kettle will offer flavored popcorn!
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Technology
The Play Disney Parks app has changed how we interact with the Disney Parks, and now Galaxy’s Edge is going to take this technology to the next level. The app, upon entering Galaxy’s Edge, will transform into a Star Wars Datapad. It will be able to do several specific things:
- Translate signs, conversations, and more. (Kind of like Google Translate, I’m guessing?)
- Use the Datapad to solve puzzles while you wait in line for Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run.
- Listen in on broadcasts and work to break coded language.
- And hack into surveillance boxes, enabling or disabling them depending on whether you’re working for the Resistance or the First Order!
The interaction will bring immersion to a whole.new.level.
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Merchandise
Black Spire Outpost will be THE place for out-of-this-world merchandise. Like seriously OUT of this world. Bina’s Creature Stall will sell new ‘pets’ in the form of some funky plushies. (Note that there will be some “live” creatures in there as well, which will interact with customers.) Mubo’s Droid Depot is an assembly-line droid building locale where you can customize a droid that’ll be all yours. The kiddos (and the kid that lives inside of every grown up!) will love the Toydarian Toyshop where homemade-style plushes, action figures, and more await new ownership. 😉 Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities will offer up collectibles and artifacts that any fan will covet!
Believe it or not: there’s even more merchandise coming to Galaxy’s Edge! Click here to see pics and details!
You guys, we were up into the wee hours of the morning poring over all the new information (and pictures! OH!), and you’ve GOT to see it! Annnnnnd now we can’t wait for summer (in Disneyland) and fall (in Disney World) to arrive!
Don’t want to miss a single detail about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? Click here to subscribe to the DFB Newsletter!
What are you most excited to see or experience in Galaxy’s Edge? Let us know what you think with a comment below!