Are you ready for another culinary challenge in the kitchen… complete with some Disney magic? If so, Disney has provided a recipe from one of the most popular restaurants in all of Walt Disney World: ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Remember, “Ohana means family”, and we’ve got the recipe to treat yours to ‘Ohana’s Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings!
These yummy sticky wings are served up as one of the tasty appetizers that are part of the all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner feast at ‘Ohana. It’s suggested that you serve them at home with a dipping sauce. (You may be well familiar with the peanut and sweet and sour sauces that accompany the wings at ‘Ohana.)
But before you choose your sauce, here’s the recipe for those WINGS!
Ingredients — Coriander Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds chicken wings or drumettes, patted dry
Ingredients — Honey Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Instructions — Coriander Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 500°F, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in large glass bowl; stir to combine. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Divide chicken in single layer between prepared baking sheets and bake until browned and completely cooked through, about 35 minutes, rotating baking sheets on racks and turning chicken halfway through cooking.
Instructions — Honey Sauce
- While wings are baking, combine ingredients in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens and reduces to a syrup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush or toss baked chicken with wing sauce to coat. Serve with remaining wing sauce on the side or with preferred dipping sauce.
Disney has also provided a printable version of this recipe, which you can access by clicking here.
P.S. In case you also want to deliver some ‘Ohana dessert magic from your kitchen, you can find the recipe for the famous ‘Ohana Bread Pudding by clicking here!
We hope this recipe helps you create a wonderful treat for your Father’s Day celebration… or any occasion you choose to celebrate with the Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings from ‘Ohana!
Are you an ‘Ohana fan? Please let us know with a comment!