When it comes to potatoes, the possibilities are endless!
And as much as we love some classic fries, it’s always a treat to discover new ways of preparing this classic food staple! And when they look like Mickey Mouse? Well that’s just a win/win. 😃
Who’d guess that potatoes and applesauce would combine to make a tasty dish? Well Jamie Lee Mclntyre — who is a GoGo squeeZ Content Contributor — certainly did! Check out these potato cakes Jaime shared with the official runDisney site!
Adorable right? Set your french fries aside for today and check out this healthier alternative. And the best part? They are Mickey shaped!
This simple recipe provides a boost in nutrients that can help support your immune system! Check out the recipe below.
Mickey Mouse Potato Cakes
Makes 4 servings
- 1lb (3 medium) russet potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed or pureed in blender
- One 3.2 oz GoGo squeeZ Apple Apple Fruit-on-the-Go Pouch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour (plus more for dusting each patty)
- Non-stick cooking spray or olive oil in mister
- Prepare potatoes and mash or blend to pureed texture.
- Add the potatoes, cheddar, egg, GoGo squeeZ applesauce pouch, and flour to a bowl and mix.
- Scoop out mixture and form into 12 small circle patties.
- Dust each patty with whole wheat flour.
- Spray a heated pan with non-stick cooking spray (or mist with olive oil) and place three small patties into the shape of a Mickey Mouse head onto the pan. Make sure two patties are touching the top right and left side of the center patty so that they connect to form one shape.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy with sour cream, chives, and more GoGo squeeZ applesauce for dipping
These tasty cakes are perfect for any time of the day! Whip them up in the morning for breakfast and save some as a nice side for dinner in the evening. We all could use a little more mickey shaped food in our life 🙂
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making a batch of these tasty Mickey shaped potatoes? Let us know in the comments!