Do you also love learning about the history of the Disney parks and how they’ve changed over the years? Then, you’ll definitely want to grab your spot right now for D23’s upcoming virtual event!
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club and Walt Disney Imagineering are patterning up to celebrate some BIG Disney Parks anniversaries. As part of these “Magical Milestones” celebrations, they’ll be holding special events featuring lots of Imagineers to share their stories about park origins, history, artwork, behind-the-scenes stories, and more!
And the first of these events is ALL about Disney California Adventure Park!
This year, California Adventure is celebrating its 20th anniversary. We’ve already seen some great merchandise released celebrating California Adventure (including some EPIC ears!). But, now there’s another way to celebrate the past, present, and future of this park.
D23’s special California Adventure-focused virtual event will be hosted by Academy Award-nominated director Leslie Iwerks. During the event President of Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob Weis, will take us all back to the beginning of DCA and its origins as Disneyland’s humble parking lot! And we’ll get to see the history of the park through its opening to its earliest additions.
Then, we’ll all get to hear about the reimagining of the park and more additions that came during the last few years including the AMAZING nighttime show, World of Color, Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, Pixar Pier, entertainment and festivals, and Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
But, this panel isn’t just about the past. Like we mentioned before, it’ll also give you a peek into the FUTURE of the park. During the event, you’ll get to hear from some of the creative team behind Avengers Campus.
And they’ll even be giving guests a PEEK behind the curtain at the new land, and inside the exciting new attraction WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure!!
The creative team that you’ll get to hear from during this presentation includes the following:
- Steven Davison, Executive Parades & Spectaculars
- Scot Drake, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Tom Fitzgerald, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Roger Gould, Creative Director of Franchise Management and Parks Integration for Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Lynne Itamura, Executive Interior Design
- Jeanette Lomboy, Site Portfolio Executive for the Disneyland Resort
- Kathy Mangum, Retired Imagineering Executive
- John Mauro, Portfolio Producer
- Jeff Shaver-Moskowitz, Executive Producer
- Tracey Noce, Concept Design Director
- Kevin Rafferty, Executive Creative Director
- Brent Strong, Executive Creative Director
- Steve Spiegel, Executive Story Editor
- Susana Tubert, Creative Director of Live Entertainment at the Disneyland Resort
- Bob Weis, President of Walt Disney Imagineering
- Claire Weiss, Creative Director
That’s a LOT of people!
If you want to watch this awesome event, be sure to register at D23.com. You’ll get an access code that’ll let you watch the panel starting on Wednesday, March 10th, at 4PM PT when it premieres. It’ll be available until March 26th at 11:45PM PT. The website does note that the access code is only available for a one-time use, so keep that in mind.
Tickets for D23 Gold Members are free. If you are a D23 General Member (meaning you have or you sign up for a FREE D23 membership), tickets for this virtual event are $10 (plus a $1.50 processing fee).
We’ll keep an eye out for more updates and let you know if we hear any awesome updates from this event. Stay tuned to DFB for all the latest!
Are you excited for Avengers Campus? Let us know in the comments!