Hey, DFB readers! We’re busy eating our way around Disney World (as we do), and wanted to take some time to update you on some restaurant changes this week!
So while we were busy hanging out at the Spice Road Table Bar, drinking coffee with tiny cookies in it, admiring the colors of a BRIGHT neon drink, and eating off the kid’s menu, we were also checking Disney World menus for changes and updates!
So let’s get to those updates!
Mickey Celebration Cakes
We haven’t seen this increase EVERYWHERE just yet, and we even saw a placard at The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom that still lists it as $35, but we’re expecting to see the price change eventually take effect everywhere.
The next time you head over to Choza de Margarita, you’ll want to check out the new snack there — a Sweet Corn on the Cob covered in Chipotle Aioli, Quest Cotija, and Tajin Chile-Lime Powder. Um…can you say yum?
This snack is $7, and we thought it was the perfect little snack, especially for eating around the world!
The Appetizers section of Le Cellier Steakhouse’s menu has changed. Tuna Tartare has increased in price from $17 to $19.
And there’s a NEW plant-based app to try: Plant-based House-made Chorizo Meatballs. which is Street Corn, Avocado Crema, and Cheese Shreds for $18.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
There were some changes on the menu over at Hollywood & Vine!
- Farmhouse Tossed Salad Bowl is now called Chopped Salad Bowl — a Plant-Based version is also available with Plant-Based Ranch Dressing
- Beef Tenderloin has been replaced with Garlic and Cracked Black Pepper Filet of Beef — Sour Cream and Chive Whipped Potatoes, Sautéed Green Beans and Herb Relish
- NEW: Spice-rubbed Pork Loin — Creamy Soft Cheese Polenta, Spicy Mustard-Barbecue Sauce and Bacon-Peach Chutney
- NEW: Asparagus and Summer Truffle Risotto — Sautéed Green Asparagus, Sliced Black Truffle, Plant-based Parmesan, Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula (Plant-based)
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
Yeah, we usually come here for the specialty cupcakes, but it was a new coffee drink that popped up on the menu that had us traipsing over to Fort Wilderness recently — the Wilderness Bark Latte. It’s coffee with hazelnut and chocolate, and a hearty drizzle of chocolate syrup. It’s topped with whipped cream and even more chocolate. YES, Please! And it’s available hot or iced.
And it tasted like Nutella in a cup, and yeah, that made us happy. You can grab one now for $4.89.
Although the Seasonal Soup has been available at the Grand Floridian Cafe for some time, it’s now officially listed on the menu as an appetizer for $11.
There are also two entrees from the secret menu here that have made it to the official menu:
- Buttermilk-fried Chicken and Waffle made with Hand-breaded Chicken Breast, Applewood-smoked Bacon and Malted Waffle with Sriracha-Honey Drizzle for $24.
- Brioche French Toast, a Madagascar Vanilla Bean-scented Brioche French Toast served with Bacon or Sausage for $17.
- Lobster Benedict — Two-poached Eggs, Lobster, Asparagus, and Hollandaise on a Toasted English Muffin for $21.
The Kids Menu has a few changes, too:
- NEW: Chopped Romaine Salad with Ranch Dressing for $5.
- NEW: Grilled Chicken Breast served with a choice of two selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small DASANI Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice for $12.
- REMOVED: Beef Skewer with Sweet Soy Dipping Sauce
- NEW: Grilled Flat Iron Steak served with choice of two Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small DASANI Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice for $15.
For the Kids’ Create-Your-Own meals, new options include Sticky Rice and Worms in Dirt. Fruit Salad is now available all day. Roasted Potatoes and Sliced Apples have been removed from the menu.
Here’s what’s changed with non-alcoholic beverages:
- The option to add Chocolate, Caramel, or Vanilla Flavored Syrup to your specialty Joffrey’s coffee is now listed on the menu for $.50. These were previously available, but not listed on the menu as they are now.
- Several non-alcoholic specialties have been removed from the dinner menu: The Tropical Splash, Raspberry Colada, and Frozen Cappuccino are all morning-only now.
- You can also now snag a Hubert’s Pomegranate Limeade for $5.49 at dinner!
Two breakfast cocktails were added back to the menu. There’s the Chipotle Bloody Mary, made with House-made Chipotle-infused Vodka, and garnished with Jumbo Shrimp, Chorizo, and a Lime-Salted Rim for $14. And there’s the Grand Mimosa made with Champagne, Orange Juice, and a Splash of Grand Marnier for $14.
Finally, six Signature Cocktails were added back to the breakfast and dinner menus:
- Florida Sunshine made with Peach Schnapps, Chambord, Sevdka Vodka, and a splash of Orange and Cranberry Juices for $14.
- Grand Colada, a tropical blend of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Coconut, and Pineapple topped with Bols Blue Curaçao for $13.
- Key West, a frozen blend of Bacardí Superior Rum, Puréed Strawberries, and Orange Juice for $13.
- Grand Margarita — a combo of Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Grand Marnier, Lime Juice, and Sweet-and-Sour for $14.
- Magical Star Cocktail is made with X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir Multicolored Glow Cube for $15.
There’s a brand new dessert at Gasparilla Island Grill — Tropical Flamingo Miniature Gateau. It’s a Golden Sponge Cake filled with a Tropical-flavored Mousse and topped with a Sugar and Buttercream Flamingo.
This cake is available now for $7.99.
If you’re looking to pick up a snack at the Uzima Springs Pool Bar at Animal Kingdom Lodge, you’ll need to know about these changes:
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad is now named Caesar Salad with Chicken with Oak-grilled Chicken Sliced with Romaine, Parmesan and Caesar Dressing for $9.99
- REMOVED: Tuna Pita Platter
- NEW: Ham and Cheddar Sandwich — Creole Honey Mustard on Sunflower Multigrain Bread served with Chips for $9.99
- NEW: Tuna Salad Wrap — Romaine, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, and Cucumber with Citrus-marinated Olives for $9.99
- REMOVED: Strawberry Smoothie
It’s a messy dessert, and has a LOT going on. You can get it now for $5.79.
Without chicken, the cost is $8.99.
A few things have changed here on the Breakfast Menu:
- Open-faced Italian Omelet replaced with Caprese Omelet — Mozzarella, Ripe Tomatoes, Fresh Basil and Breakfast Potatoes served with choice of Bacon, Ham or Sausage for $16
- Fresh Fruit Platter replaced with Freshly Harvested Fruit Plate for $15
- NEW: Florentine Frittata — Egg Whites, Baby Spinach, Goat Cheese, Fresh Herbs, and Seasonal Fruit for $16
The kid’s breakfast also saw a change: The Lil’ Swimmers Egg White Omelet has been renamed as Mickey Egg White Omelet and is served with choice of two selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice for $9.
It seems like we’re constantly seeing some changes at California Grill — here’s what’s been updated this week:
- Green Circle Chicken is now served with Pecorino Risotto, Spring Onion-Green Garlic Agrodolce, Buttermilk-fried Mushrooms, and Madeira Jus
- NEW: Colorado Lamb Loin — Spring Onion Gnudi, Jumbo White Asparagus, English Pea, Wild Mushroom and Lamb Jus (For Fish/Shellfish, Peanut/Tree Nut and Soy Allergies) for $55
One dessert has been removed, too, but a new one has arrived to take its place! The Mixed Berry Balsamic Sorbet is gone, but now guests can try the new White Peach and Bay Leaf Sorbet, which is Lemon Pound Cake, Chantilly Cream, Peach Gel, and Vanilla-compressed Peaches for $11.
There’s a new salad to try over at Blaze — the Fresh Berry Salad with fresh seasonal berries, feta, and blackberry balsamic vinaigrette on a bed of mixed greens.
This salad is available as an entree for $8.95, or you can get it as a side for $5.95.
That sounds pretty yummy, right?
Two menu items have been removed from the menu at Earl of Sandwich: the Best BLT and the Featured Soup.
Also, Assorted Fountain Beverages decreased in price from $3.49 to $3.39.
Under Salad Bowls, the Southwest Sweet Corn is now Mexican Street Corn and comes with Charred Corn, Slaw, Roasted Peppers, Black Beans, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Grilled Scallions and crispy Tortilla Strips served with Cumin Lime Mojito and Chipotle Ranch Sauces.
The salad is still $8.99.
Those are all the updates this week — and whew! That was a lot! But we’ll be back soon with more because the one thing about Disney World restaurants is that they are always changing! Check out the latest Disney News below.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What’s your favorite Disney World restaurant? Let us know in the comments!