It’s been a fun week at Disney World! We’ve been celebrating the reopening of Cape May Cafe at Disney’s Boardwalk and trying out some new snacks!
We discovered a NEW ice cream shop and tasted some super yummy donuts, a unique Pina Colada, and fruity potato chips! But we’re not done because we’ve also been keeping an eye on menu updates at Disney World restaurants this week. So hang on tight because we’ve got a few!
One of our favorite snacks has returned to one of our favorite EPCOT joints! It’s the Roulé aux Fromage — formerly known as the Roule Lard et Fromage. It looks a little different, and when we first got a peek at it, it didn’t quite have as much bacon on it.
However, we later found that the universe listened to our mention about the lack of bacon, and a newer version of the snack appeared with MORE bacon. WIN!
Territory Lounge has an updated “Small Bites” menu, including:
- Seasonal Bisque for $12
- Handcrafted Charcuterie for $22
- House-made Potato Chips — with Chimichurri Ranch Dip (Plant-based option available upon request) for $6
- Granny Smith Apple Pie à la Mode for $9
You had us at apple pie.. yum.
We saw quite a few updates to the Breakfast Menu at Ale & Compass, and yes, you can now have the Vermont Cheddar Burger, Ale & Compass Salad, and Kids Grilled Chicken for breakfast! Burgers for breakfast? Sign us up! Here are the other changes:
- REMOVED: Eggs Benedict
- NEW: Shrimp and White Cheddar Grits — with Poached Egg, Chorizo, and Charred Tomato Stew for $16
- NEW: Blackened Sustainable Fish Tacos — with Chilled Cucumber Slaw, Avocado, Chipotle Rémoulade, and Flour Tortillas for $17
- NEW: Crab Cake Benedict — Poached Eggs, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, and Arugula with Lemon–Herb Hollandaise for $18
- NEW: Smoked Salmon and Toasted Bagel Sandwich — Herbed Cream Cheese, Pickled Red Onions, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, and Avocado with House-made Chips for $16
- Returning: Maine Lobster Roll — on a House-made New England-style Roll with House-made Chips for $20
The Breakfast Sides have a few new items, too:
- Steel Cut Oatmeal is now Chilled Overnight Oats — with Marinated Fresh Fruit for $7
- NEW: Truffle Fries with Roasted Shallot Mayonnaise for $6
There’s a new ice cream shop in town over on Disney’s Boardwalk where Ample Hills Creamery used to be. And although the online menu is a little limited, when we visited, we noticed quite a few selections available there.
Is it the BEST ice cream we’ve ever had?
Probably not — but it’s nice to have another quick ice cream option over in that area.
The Filet Sliders have returned to Splitsville! And we LOVED these things and were a little sad when they disappeared from the menu last year. They’re beef tenderloin topped with onion rings and horseradish cream.
We highly recommend trying these out!
There are a few updates to the menu over at Frontera Cocina for Lunch. Here’s what’s changed:
- Returning: Crispy Chipotle Calamari — Caramelized Lime Aioli, Chile de Arbol Salsa, Cotija Cheese for $16
- Crispy Beef Tacos increased from $25 to $26
- Carne Asada Tacos increased from $24 to $25
- Carne Asada increased from $38 to $42.50
The Beverages part of the menu saw some changes, too:
- Play with Fire Margarita increased from $16 to $17
- Topolo increased from $15 to $17
- NEW: Elote Old Fashioned — Abasolo Ancestral Corn Whiskey, Nixta Elote Liqueur, and Orange Bitters served in a smoked bottle (serves two) for $40
- NEW: 5 Sentidos Bicuixe — Served with Grasshoppers and an Orange Wedge in a traditional “Veladora” for $25
- Premium Tequila Flight increased from $33 to $40
- Mezcal Flight decrease from $21 to $20
- REMOVED: Cruz de Caballo
Those are all the updates for this week — we’ll be back soon with even more, so stay tuned!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Were any of your favorite Disney World restaurants affected by changes this week? Let us know in the comments!