Finally! We’ve been eagerly awaiting more information about the upcoming NBA Experience in Disney Springs for months, and we’ve now got an opening date!
This brand new restaurant (replacing Disney Quest on the West Side of Disney Springs) will open its doors on August 12, 2019! But we’ve also got more details…
This basketball haven will let YOU become the superstar with 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors. And Disney Parks Blog has shared a few new bits of info about the experience tonight as well!
- The entrance to the NBA Experience will allow guests to walk through a “tunnel,” like the players do when they head onto the court for a game!
- A ticket to NBA Experience gets you into every game and experience at the restaurant.
- In an activity that tests shooting skills, spots will light up on the court as you move from one location to another attempting to sink as many shots as possible in 15 seconds.
- In a slam dunk challenge, you can change the height of a standard 10-foot-tall rim to as low as seven feet so you can perform your own superstar moves – captured by burst photography.
- You’ll be able to measure your vertical leap, wingspan, and shooting and dribbling skills.
- Personalize activities with your name and associate your favorite NBA or WNBA teams! Your stats will be tracked just like in a real pro game.
- Real-time technology will aggregate stats of NBA and WNBA games and players for continuous updates, and leaderboards will show top NBA Experience performers throughout the day!
Sounds like a rabbit hole we can’t wait to fall into! See you on the court!