The Haunted Mansion will celebrate its 50th Anniversary this year! And Disneyland is throwing an “under the hill soiree” to honor the occasion.
This August, guests may choose to attend an after hours, extra-ticketed event: “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving” will be offered on August 7th and August 8th (and into the wee hours of the next morning for each event). Commemorative anniversary merchandise items, spirited sips and bites, special entertainment, character encounters, photo ops, and access to several west-side park attractions (and some “supernatural surprises”) will make up the special event.
Disney shares the following event highlights:
- A 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America will feature none other than Madame Leota who will conjure up the party festivities (a “Swinging Wake,” in other words, as Disney reminds). Musicians, dancers and “performers from beyond the grave” will haunt the scene.
- Themed backdrops will allow guests to recreate moments from the attraction, and guests will receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the event.
- Specialty event-themed food and beverages will be available along with other unique menu items for purchase at select park locations.
- “Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the Haunted Mansion.”
- Themed décor will honor 50 haunting years and the 999 happy haunts who call the Mansion home.
- After-hours access to select attractions in New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland. (Select attractions will close early during the event.)
- Disney encourages guests to wear “attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts!”
- While Disney shared a look at the Estate Merchandise that will be available at the event as seen below, you can see a full list by clicking here.
Disney also shares this Event Ticket Tip: “When purchasing the event ticket, you will be allowed to purchase one (1) ticket per person, per event date, per transaction. You might wonder why, and it is due to the merchandise offerings that will be released in conjunction with the event which requires each ticketed event guest to have a unique registration ID.”
A LIMITED NUMBER of tickets for BOTH event nights will be available starting this Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 10:00 AM PST. Tickets are $299 per guest. Click here to find full schedule information for this event and the link to purchase tickets when the sale goes live (no pun intended, Ghost Host!) this Thursday!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
How will you celebrate 50 years with our favorite ghosts? Please let us know with a comment!