Certain parts of Disney World remain closed as the resort operates at a limited capacity.
While some hotels and restaurants are reopening soon, others remain closed. Still others are closed temporarily for planned refurbishments! Of course, you’ll want to note about all of these changes if you’re planning on visiting, so we like to keep you updated. Now, we’re bringing you all the hotels and attractions that will be closed in Disney World in June 2021!
Disney World Resorts
Disney World’s hotels are reopening gradually. However, the following are currently closed:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House
- All-Star Sports Resort
- All-Star Music Resort
- Boardwalk Inn
- Wilderness Lodge
- Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Resorts
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Open for DVC Guests and Dining Visitors
“Closed” resorts that are part of the Disney Vacation Club are actually partially open — those villas are currently open to guests, while the rest of the hotel remains closed. Select restaurants are also open for guests with reservations. The following resorts are open for DVC bookings and dining:
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Resort Reopen Dates
Disney has announced reopening dates for 3 of its resorts! It’s worth noting, though, that while Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is currently open for DVC reservations and dining, it’s undergoing a big refurbishment to the monorail platform, entrance, lobby, and guest rooms.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge — June 6th
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn — July 2nd
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort — Summer 2021 (Reservations are available for July 19th.).
Disney World Attractions
Attractions Closed for Refurbishments
Disney is closing some rides in June for scheduled refurbishment. We’re listing them here for you, along with their expected reopening dates. Of course, these dates are all subject to change. Disney World may also add more projects as the month progresses!
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad — Will be closed from June 7th-12th
- Main Street Confectionery — No official reopening date
- The Hall of Presidents — No official reopening date
- Walt Disney World Railroad — No official reopening date
Magic Kingdom Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
Other attractions remain closed in accordance to Disney’s health and safety measures, or due to limited operations. High-touch areas (like splash zones) have been closed for sanitation purposes. The following Magic Kingdom attractions will be closed in June:
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
- Main Street Vehicles
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- A Pirate’s Adventure — Treasures of the Seven Seas
EPCOT Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
Similarly, EPCOT’s interactive attractions (many of which you can find in The Seas with Nemo and Friends building) have also been closed, due to their high-touch nature.
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Advanced Training Lab
- Bruce’s Shark World
- Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, many shows are temporarily available.
- Star Wars: Launch Bay
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
Lastly, a few Animal Kingdom experiences remain unavailable.
- Boneyard Play Area
- Finding Nemo: the Musical
Water Park Closures
Disney’s Blizzard Beach is open. Disney has not yet announced a reopening date for Typhoon Lagoon.
If you’re visiting Disney World in June, just keep in mind that all of these dates are highly subject to change. We’ll keep you posted with the latest updates, but you may also want to check in with Disney World’s online refurbishment calendar. Stay tuned to DFB for more Disney news!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you going to Disney World in June? Let us know in the comments!