One of the very first things vacation planners need to determine is the time of year for their travels… and that’s no less true when you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort! Though at first you may think a trip to Disney World primarily involves rides and sunshine no matter the season, you may be surprised to find out how much your experience may differ depending on WHEN you go.
From crowd levels to weather to Special Events, and more (including the potential for vacation DISCOUNTS), we are breaking down Walt Disney World MONTH BY MONTH so you can know what to expect for your vacation any time of year! And, of course, 2021 is an especially remarkable year, as October 1, 2021 will mark the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!
Simply visit any of the links below to learn more about the month you are considering for your trip to Walt Disney World, and stay tuned for more!
And for a look at some of the biggest news, events, and changes which took place in January 2021 in Disney World, visit any of the links below:
- The 2021 EPCOT Festival of the Arts kicked off on January 8th and runs through February 22nd!
- We rounded up the 4 BEST Things to Do in January 2021 here!
- Take a look back at all the big news that January delivered for Walt Disney World Resort here!
- These are the 5 most UNEXPECTED things that happened in Disney World in January.
And HERE are some dates to know looking ahead to January 2022!
February boasts some of the year’s best weather in Florida, plenty of sweet treats to celebrate your Valentine, and more.
And if you’re traveling to Disney World in February, you can click any of the links below to see more about what took place in 2021 to get an idea for your February 2022 planning!
- Find the 5 BEST THINGS to do in February 2021 here!
- Guests are still able to enjoy the 2021 EPCOT Festival of the Arts through February 22nd!
- Check out CURRENT DISNEY WORLD DISCOUNTS here!
- Click here to learn about how to celebrate Black History Month in Disney World!
- And to learn about 6 things that are DIFFERENT in Disney World over February 2021 — from new treats to attraction refurbishments and more — click here!
- And if you’ll be enjoying your trip with your sweetheart, you can find ALL of the restaurants offering special meals over Valentine’s weekend here! And check out reviews for oodles of Valentine’s treats around the Resort here!
- To see all of the attractions and Resort hotels that are closed in February 2021, click here.
- Find 10 things You NEED to know if you’re visiting Disney World in February 2021 here!
And HERE are some dates to know looking ahead to February 2022!
March delivers sure signs of SPRING to Disney World, from Spring Break crowds to EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival and beyond.
Find out what you need to know if you’re going to Walt Disney World in March by clicking here.
And if you’re traveling to Disney World in March, you can click any of the links below to see more about what took place in 2021 to get an idea for your March 2022 planning!
- Blizzard Beach Water Park reopened on March 7, 2021!
- The dates for the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival have been announced! Mark your calendars: this celebration of Spring is taking place from March 3 – July 5, 2021!
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort reopened on March 22, 2021.
- A modified version of the Disney Junior Character Breakfast returned to Hollywood & Vine Restaurant in Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 22, 2021.
- Heads Up! These are the attractions and hotels that are closed in March.
- Here are 5 Things that will be DIFFERENT in Disney World in March.
- Check out the 5 BEST THINGS to do in Disney World in MARCH!
- Be sure to read up on 10 Things You NEED to Know About Disney World in March 2021.
- We’ve got the scoop on 10 BIG Disney Hotel and Ticket Deals for March 2021.
- See ALL the snacks dressed up in GREEN for St. Patrick’s Day with TONS of treat reviews right here!
- AND don’t forget… EASTER treats started hopping into Walt Disney World in mid-March, too!
And HERE are some dates to know looking ahead to March 2022!
Spring, of course, is still in FULL SWING in April! And joining the popular Flower & Garden Festival are seasonal offerings like Animal Kingdom’s celebration of Earth Day and much more!
Find out more that’s in store (and ways to prepare) for April FUN in Walt Disney World!
And if you’re traveling to Disney World in April, you can click any of the links below to see more about what took place in 2021 to get an idea for your April 2022 planning!
- The 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is still going strong throughout the month of April!
- A HUGE array of Easter treats will be available for the first few days of the month.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom is celebrating Earth Day ALL MONTH LONG! Check out the eats, experiences, and offerings here!
- Here are 5 Things that will be different in Disney World in April.
- And here are the 5 BEST Things to do in Disney World in April!
- Look who showed up in Magic Kingdom early in the month to celebrate Easter!
- Check out 8 BIG Disney World DISCOUNTS for April here!
- And find 8 Things to know about Disney World in April 2021 here.
Those famous “May Flowers” are still on display for the ongoing Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. And, of course, Memorial Day Weekend ushers in the unofficial start of SUMMER!
Find out everything you can anticipate for your May vacation in Walt Disney World!
Important dates and happenings to know for May 2021 include the following:
- The 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is still taking place throughout the month of May!
- May the 4th Be With You! Celebrate STAR WARS DAY with out-of-this-galaxy snacks!
- The NEW Gelateria Toscana opened in EPCOT’s Italy pavilion on May 6th!
- Celebrate World Whisky Day at Raglan Road from May 12th through 15th!
- Chef Mickey’s started serving DINNER again on May 16th!
- Cape May Cafe reopened to guests for breakfast and dinner (although, Disney characters are not present) on May 18th.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort is scheduled to reopen on May 30, 2021.
- The Festival of the Lion King is BACK at Disney’s Animal Kingdom as of this month! The production had a soft-opening prior to its official May 15th reopening.
- Treat MOM to Mother’s Day snacks, Brunch options, and more around Disney World!
- May is Asian Pacific American Heritage month and Disney World has some celebrations in store, including new food, character appearances, and experiences in the parks and Disney Springs!
- Here is a list of all the rides and hotels that are closed in May 2021 in Disney World.
- Check out 7 BIG Hotel and Ticket DISCOUNTS for May here!
- Heads up! Here are 5 Things that are DIFFERENT in Disney World in May!
- Find the 6 BEST Things To Do in Disney World in May HERE.
- Click here to see 10 BIG THINGS You Need to Know about Disney World in May.
- Here are the 3 Most Unexpected Things that happened in Disney World in May!
Walt Disney World in June
Summer break is ON in June in Walt Disney World! While you can expect rainstorms picking up for the summer season, guests can also often anticipate extended hours in the parks to accommodate the increased crowd levels.
Important dates and happenings to know for June 2021 include the following:
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is reopened on June 6, 2021.
- June is the last full month to enjoy the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival!
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Magic Kingdom was CLOSED for a brief refurbishment from June 7 – 12, 2021.
- See all the rides and hotels that were CLOSED in Disney World during June.
- Check out the 5 BEST Things to do in Disney World in June!
- And here you’ll find 5 Things that will be DIFFERENT in June.
- June is Pride Month! And Disney World celebrated all month long with specialty treats and merchandise all around the Resort!
- One of our FAVORITE Character Meals reopened on June 20, 2021 with a modified experience: Tusker House Restaurant in Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- On June 24th, Sebastian’s Bistro at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Maya Grill at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort once again started welcoming guests for dinner!
- Check out the June Hotel and Ticket discounts here!
- Batter up! Casey’s Corner reopened in Magic Kingdom on June 30th.
- Here are 8 Things You Should Know About JUNE in Disney World in 2021!
- The temps are UP in Disney World with the arrival of summer, so you’ll want to know where you can find free ice water around the parks to keep cool and stay hydrated!
Walt Disney World in July
Celebrate Independence Day — and more — in Walt Disney World in July! And — BONUS — the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will kick off in July once again this year!!
Important dates and happenings to know for July 2021 include the following:
- As of July 1st, FIREWORKS are back at TWO Disney World parks! Happily Ever After can now be seen nightly at Magic Kingdom, and EPCOT Forever has returned nightly to EPCOT.
- The 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival lasts through July 5, 2021, so there are a few days to enjoy it this month!
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn reopened on July 2, 2021.
- Dino Diner reopened in Animal Kingdom on July 4th.
- Stop by Disney Springs to enjoy Flavors of Florida! This event features citrus-inspired dishes and drinks at restaurants (and more) all over the shopping and dining district, and it kicked off on July 6, 2021!
- Grab a scoop or two at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor once again, as it reopened on July 7th.
- The popular ‘Ohana restaurant reopened on July 9, 2021 for breakfast and dinner! (Please note that Disney Character Dining will NOT be available here during the initial reopening.)
- And next? Our favorite!! The 2021 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival kicked off on July 15, 2021!!
- Also on July 15th, Citricos reopened at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort with a refreshed look AND a new menu!
- July 17th delivered the reopening of Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground with new family-style skillets for breakfast and dinner!
- The EPCOT Monorail line returned on July 18th!
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort reopened — AND debuted new Moana-themed guest rooms and MORE — on July 19, 2021!
- Magic Kingdom’s “it’s a small world” attraction underwent a brief refurbishment from July 27 – 29, 2021.
- Click here to see 7 Things You Need to Know about Disney World in July.
- Find all the rides and hotels that were closed in July here.
- Check out the 5 BEST Things to Do in Disney World in July!
- Click here to see the 6 Biggest Disney World hotel and ticket discounts here.
- Here are 7 Things That Will Be Different in July in Disney World.
Walt Disney World in August
Surprise! August often heralds in the beginning of AUTUMN to Walt Disney World (albeit, a little early 😉 ) with the arrival of fall decor on Magic Kingdom’s Main Street, U.S.A. in preparation for the park’s Halloween celebrations!
Important dates and happenings to know for August 2021 include the following:
- ONGOING: The 2021 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will run throughout August (and into late November)!
- The Wonderful World of Animation is lighting up the evenings once again at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as of August 1st!
- Pizzafari will reopen in Disney’s Animal Kingdom on August 2nd.
- August 5th is a BIG day for restaurant reopenings, as Magic Kingdom’s Columbia Harbour House, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Toledo — Tapas, Steak & Seafood will ALL welcome guests again that date!
- Get your dancin’ shoes ready for the reopening of Atlantic Dance Hall on Disney World’s BoardWalk on August 6th!
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will reopen in Magic Kingdom on August 8th!
- August 10th will bring the first Disney After Hours BOO BASH to Magic Kingdom for the season, which will be offered on select nights through October 31st — Halloween night! (Note that this is an extra-ticket event.)
- Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios will become Minnie’s Halloween Dine on August 10th.
- Beauty and the Beast — Live on Stage will be performed again at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting August 15th!
- Duuuuuude! Turtle Talk with Crush will return to EPCOT on August 21st!
- On August 26, 2021, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will fully reopen to guests!
- Orlando’s Magical Dining is set to return for its 16th year from August 27th through October 3rd.
- Though an exact date has yet to be announced, The Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom will reopen in the month of August.
- See all of the Disney World rides and hotels that are closed in August here.
- Click here to find 11 Things You Need to Know About Disney World in August!
- Here are 6 Things That Will Be Different in August.
Planning to visit Walt Disney World in September? Lower crowd levels and the ongoing Epcot Food and Wine Festival are typically what you’ll experience… and there’s plenty more to consider (including the potential for some interesting weather patterns)!
Find out what you can expect with a September visit to Disney World here. (And get a peek at lots of great examples from Halloween and autumn treats from all over the Resort which began to arrive in September 2020 by clicking here!)
Important dates and happenings to know for September 2021 include the following:
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort will reopen on September 16, 2021!
- ONGOING: The 2021 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will continue to run throughout September (and into late November)!
- ONGOING: Disney After Hours BOO BASH will run through October 31st — Halloween night as an extra-ticket event in Magic Kingdom!
- ONGOING: Orlando’s Magical Dining will run through October 3rd.
- Disney World will host the Department of Defense Warrior Games from September 12th through September 22nd at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex!
- The FINAL SHOWING of the EPCOT Forever fireworks spectacular takes place on September 28th.
- The FINAL SHOWING of the Happily Ever After fireworks spectacular takes place in Magic Kingdom on September 29th.
BOO! Happy Halloween, my friends… It’s October in Walt Disney World! And October 2021 will be like no other…
Because October 1, 2021 will bring The World’s Most Magical Celebration to Walt Disney World for its 50th Anniversary! In fact, there are MANY more treats than tricks (like more Festival fun, for instance) to know about when it comes to an October trip. Find out what you need to know here.
What to look forward to in October 2021:
- HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY, Walt Disney World! Magic Kingdom first welcomed guests on October 1, 1971. And an 18 MONTH CELEBRATION will KICK OFF on October 1, 2021!!
- The kickoff to the 50th Anniversary Celebration will also include a NEW nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom: Disney Enchantment will debut on October 1, 2021!
- October 1, 2021 will bring the debut of a NEW attraction in EPCOT AND a new restaurant! Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and La Crêperie de Paris will both open on October 1, 2021!
- Harmonious — EPCOT’s brand new nighttime spectacular — will also debut on October 1, 2021!
- A new daytime show will debut in Disney’s Animal Kingdom on October 1, 2021: Disney KiteTails is coming to the park’s Discovery River Amphitheater!
- Guests staying at a Disney World Resort hotel can start to enjoy a new benefit when Early Theme Park Entry begins on October 1st!
- Though a specific date has not yet been announced, guests staying at Disney World Deluxe Resorts can also take advantage of Extended Evening Theme Park Hours starting in early October.
- ONGOING: The 2021 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will run continue to run throughout October (and into late November)!
- NINE additional Festival Marketplace Food Booths will join the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival on October 1, 2021!
- ONGOING: Disney After Hours BOO BASH will run through October 31st — Halloween night– as an extra-ticket event in Magic Kingdom!
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — Riverside will welcome guests once again when it reopens on October 14, 2021!
- Riverside will be followed by the reopening of Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter on October 28, 2021.
November ushers in the start of the Holiday Season in Walt Disney World, and no area of the Resort goes without a festive touch. Find out what you can look forward to — and should prepare for — with a November trip to Walt Disney World!
One of the highlights of November is the kickoff of the Holiday Season in Disney World!
Important dates and happenings to know for November 2021 include the following:
- The 2021 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will continue to run through November 20, 2021.
- The 50TH ANNIVERSARY Celebration for Walt Disney World will still be going strong in November!
- The Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend by runDisney will take place from November 4 – 7, 2021.
- November 8th will bring the first Disney Very Merriest After Hours to Magic Kingdom for the holiday season, which will be offered on select nights through December 21st! (Note that this is an extra-ticket event.)
- The HOLIDAY SEASON will officially begin around Walt Disney World Resort on November 12th!
- Destination D23 will take place this year at Disney’s Contemporary Resort from November 19th through the 21st!
- The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will kick off the day after Thanksgiving, November 26th!
It’s called the Most Wonderful Time of the Year around the globe… and that’s no less true of Walt Disney World in December!
“Oh, what fun it is…” and you can find out more about a December trip to Walt Disney World right here.
Important dates and happenings to know for December 2021 include the following:
- The 50TH ANNIVERSARY Celebration for Walt Disney World will still be going strong in December!
- ONGOING: The HOLIDAY SEASON will continue to spread merriment all around Walt Disney World Resort throughout the month!
- ONGOING: Disney Very Merriest After Hours at Magic Kingdom will continue to be offered on select nights through December 21st! (Note that this is an extra-ticket event.)
- ONGOING: The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, which begins on November 26th, will continue through December 30th.
- December 9, 2021 will be a BIG DAY, as the reopening of Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort on that day means that ALL of the Disney World Resort hotels will be open to guests once again!!