One of the very first things vacation planners need to determine is the time of year for their travels… and that’s no less true when you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort! Though at first you may think a trip to Disney World primarily involves rides and sunshine no matter the season, you may be surprised to find out how much your experience may differ depending on WHEN you go.
From crowd levels to weather to Special Events, and more (including the potential for vacation DISCOUNTS), we are breaking down Walt Disney World MONTH BY MONTH so you can know what to expect for your vacation any time of year! And, of course, 2021 is an especially remarkable year, as October 1, 2021 will mark the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!
Simply visit any of the links below to learn more about the month you are considering for your trip to Walt Disney World, and stay tuned for more!
And for a look at some of the biggest news, events, and changes which took place in January 2021 in Disney World, visit any of the links below:
- The 2021 EPCOT Festival of the Arts kicked off on January 8th and runs through February 22nd!
- We rounded up the 4 BEST Things to Do in January 2021 here!
- Take a look back at all the big news that January delivered for Walt Disney World Resort here!
- These are the 5 most UNEXPECTED things that happened in Disney World in January.
February boasts some of the year’s best weather in Florida, plenty of sweet treats to celebrate your Valentine, and more.
And if you’re traveling to Disney World in February 2021 specifically, click any of the links below to see more of what’s in store!
- Find the 5 BEST THINGS to do in February 2021 here!
- Guests are still able to enjoy the 2021 EPCOT Festival of the Arts through February 22nd!
- Check out CURRENT DISNEY WORLD DISCOUNTS here!
- Click here to learn about how to celebrate Black History Month in Disney World!
- And to learn about 6 things that are DIFFERENT in Disney World over February 2021 — from new treats to attraction refurbishments and more — click here!
- And if you’ll be enjoying your trip with your sweetheart, you can find ALL of the restaurants offering special meals over Valentine’s weekend here! And check out reviews for oodles of Valentine’s treats around the Resort here!
- To see all of the attractions and Resort hotels that are closed in February 2021, click here.
- Find 10 things You NEED to know if you’re visiting Disney World in February 2021 here!
March delivers sure signs of SPRING to Disney World, from Spring Break crowds to EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival and beyond.
Find out what you need to know if you’re going to Walt Disney World in March by clicking here. And if you’re traveling to Walt Disney World in March 2021, here is some information specific to this year:
- Blizzard Beach Water Park reopened on March 7, 2021!
- The dates for the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival have been announced! Mark your calendars: this celebration of Spring is taking place from March 3 – July 5, 2021!
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort reopened on March 22, 2021.
- A modified version of the Disney Junior Character Breakfast returned to Hollywood & Vine Restaurant in Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 22, 2021.
- Heads Up! These are the attractions and hotels that are closed in March.
- Here are 5 Things that will be DIFFERENT in Disney World in March.
- Check out the 5 BEST THINGS to do in Disney World in MARCH!
- Be sure to read up on 10 Things You NEED to Know About Disney World in March 2021.
- We’ve got the scoop on 10 BIG Disney Hotel and Ticket Deals for March 2021.
- See ALL the snacks dressed up in GREEN for St. Patrick’s Day with TONS of treat reviews right here!
- AND don’t forget… EASTER treats started hopping into Walt Disney World in mid-March, too!
Spring, of course, is still in FULL SWING in April! And joining the popular Flower & Garden Festival are seasonal offerings like Animal Kingdom’s celebration of Earth Day and much more!
Find out more that’s in store (and ways to prepare) for April FUN in Walt Disney World!
And if you’re traveling to Walt Disney World in April 2021, here is some information specific to this year:
- The 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is still going strong throughout the month of April!
- A HUGE array of Easter treats will be available for the first few days of the month.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom is celebrating Earth Day ALL MONTH LONG! Check out the eats, experiences, and offerings here!
- Here are 5 Things that will be different in Disney World in April.
- And here are the 5 BEST Things to do in Disney World in April!
- Look who showed up in Magic Kingdom early in the month to celebrate Easter!
- Check out 8 BIG Disney World DISCOUNTS for April here!
- And find 8 Things to know about Disney World in April 2021 here.
Those famous “May Flowers” are still on display for the ongoing Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. And, of course, Memorial Day weekend ushers in the unofficial start of SUMMER!
Find out everything you can anticipate for your May vacation in Walt Disney World!
Important dates and happenings to know for May 2021 include the following:
- The 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is still taking place throughout the month of May!
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort is scheduled to reopen on May 30, 2021.
Walt Disney World in June
Summer break is ON in June in Walt Disney World! While you can expect rainstorms picking up for the summer season, guests can also often anticipate extended hours in the parks to accommodate the increased crowd levels.
Important dates and happenings to know for June 2021 include the following:
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is scheduled to reopen on June 6, 2021.
- June is the last full month to enjoy the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival!
Walt Disney World in July
Celebrate Independence Day — and more — in Walt Disney World in July!
Important dates and happenings to know for July 2021 include the following:
- The 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival lasts through July 5, 2021, so you have a few days to enjoy it this month!
Walt Disney World in August
Surprise! August often heralds in the beginning of AUTUMN to Walt Disney World (albeit, a little early 😉 ) with the arrival of fall decor on Magic Kingdom’s Main Street, U.S.A. in preparation for the first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party of the season.
While we await information for 2021 fall events, readers can stay tuned to the latest information about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party here!
Planning to visit Walt Disney World in September? Lower crowd levels and the first full month of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival are typically what you’ll experience… and there’s plenty more to consider (including the potential for some interesting weather patterns)!
Find out what you can expect with a September visit to Disney World here. (And get a peek at lots of great examples from Halloween and autumn treats from all over the Resort which began to arrive in September 2020 by clicking here!)
BOO! Happy Halloween, my friends… It’s October in Walt Disney World! And October 2021 will be like no other…
What to look forward to in October 2021:
- HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY, Walt Disney World! Magic Kingdom first welcomed guests on October 1, 1971. And an 18 MONTH CELEBRATION will KICK OFF on October 1, 2021!!
- October 1, 2021 will bring the debut of a NEW attraction in EPCOT AND a new restaurant! Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and La Crêperie de Paris will both open on October 1, 2021!
November ushers in the start of the Holiday Season in Walt Disney World, and no area of the Resort goes without a festive touch.
Find out what you can look forward to — and should prepare for — with a November trip to Walt Disney World.
One of the highlights of November is the kickoff of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in the Magic Kingdom! While we await information for 2021, you can stay tuned on the latest by visiting our Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party page!
And you can find examples of Holiday seasonal snacks which popped up around Walt Disney World starting in November 2020 here, to get an idea of what’s to come!
It’s called the Most Wonderful Time of the Year around the globe… and that’s no less true of Walt Disney World in December!
“Oh, what fun it is…” and you can find out more about a December trip to Walt Disney World right here.