Had a busy week? We bet. You’re working hard and doing your best to hold everything together, so that might not have left a lot of time to keep up with ALL the Disney news from this week. Well, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered!
From the opening date for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind to a brand new housing project Disney is organizing, we’ve got all of the biggest Disney news updates from this week right here!
1 — Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster Opening DATE
This week, the opening date was officially announced for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind in EPCOT — May 27th will be the big day! Mark those calendars! And get your Park Passes soon — passes are already starting to fill up for some guests.
Along with the opening date, Disney shared a commercial that gives a bit of insight into just why the Guardians have to save the galaxy…again!
Disney also shared that D23 Gold Members, Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members, and Cast Members will get access to special previews of the ride. D23 has released more information, including the registration date, cost, and event date for their Gold Member preview.
In addition to those details, Disney also released the official height requirement for the ride. Guests will need to be 42 inches tall to ride the new Guardians coaster, so be sure to measure those kiddos ahead of time!
Waiting in a long line for this ride might not be so bad after all. 😆
2 — Disney+ Subscribers Can SAVE on a Disney World Hotel Stay
Are you a Disney+ subscriber? Well then we’ve got some exciting news for you! Disney+ subscribers can SAVE up to 25% on Disney World hotel stays this summer.
The offer is good for most nights from July 8th through September 30th, 2022. But the number of rooms available with this offer is limited, so be sure to get booking ASAP!
3 — CHANGES Are Coming to Some Popular Disney Entertainment
Things are changing quite a bit over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. First, Disney announced that the iconic flying birds portion of the Festival of the Lion King show will be coming BACK soon!
Disney is also changing things up when it comes to the new show with a cult following — KiteTails. Specifically, Disney has said they will be shifting the focus of the show so that guests will be able to experience it from anywhere around Discovery River Lagoon. Click here to learn more.
This week, Disney also said that guests visiting Animal Kingdom will soon be able to give Mickey & Minnie a high-five over at Adventurers Outpost.
And Disney said that the reimagined Finding Nemo show, Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond, will be “opening in the coming months.” Sounds like there will be a lot to look forward to in this wild park!
4 — NEW Food Items & Other BIG Restaurant News
This week was also a big one when it comes to food news, so pull out those stretchy pants and let’s get ready to EAT (or at least dream about eating all of the delicious food!).
First up, Disney has announced a few NEW menu items and a few menu changes for Sanaa, over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. New dishes include a Pork Vindaloo and Zanzibari Vegetable Curry.
Over at Magic Kingdom, the ever-popular Be Our Guest Restaurant has started to open EARLIER and a brunch menu has debuted!
Mickey waffles and a Fluffy Savory Egg Omelet are now available during brunch hours for guests to enjoy.
Also at Magic Kingdom, we got to try some new dishes at Pinocchio Village Haus, including a corn pizza (?!) and a tres leches cake!
Disney also announced a REOPENING DATE for Spyglass Grill, located at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort!
It’ll be opening in just a few days so be sure to get ready for its return. And check out this spot’s updated menu, which has seen some massive updates!
5 — Disney is Working on a NEW Affordable Housing Project
This week, Disney also announced that it would be working on a NEW affordable housing project in Orlando. Disney has set aside almost 80 acres of land in Orange County, Florida for this project, and the development is expected to have more than 1,300 units.
The housing will be built by a 3rd party developer and will be located near Disney World’s theme parks.
And that’s it for the big news. Of course, other news was also shared this week. Click the links below to read more:
- VIDEO: We got STUCK on the PeopleMover in Disney World
- Details have been released about Disney World’s upcoming pin trading event
- Disney Cruise Line is relaxing more COVID-19 guidelines
- Popular Disney hand sanitizers are being recalled
- See all of the special treats coming to Animal Kingdom for Earth day
- Coffee with a ZEBRA DOME on top?! It exists!
- Driving around Disney World just got more expensive
- Can’t find bubble wands in Disney World? You’re not alone!
- The path that the Brightline train will take from Orlando’s airport to Disney World is coming together — get the latest updates here
- A celebrity restaurant chain is coming to Florida
- Could Uber fly you to Disney World in the future?!
- A dining package is coming to Disneyland for the Main Street Electrical Parade
- A Main Street Electrical Parade merchandise collection will be released soon!
- The theme has been announced for the Walt Disney World Marathon in 2023 (and it’s pretty amazing)
- Disney has hired a new lead spokesperson who had former positions in the Biden and Obama administrations
- Protestors shouted “boycott Disney” in front of the Company’s headquarters
- Date announced for Disney’s Q2 earnings call
And that’s it for the news from this week. Be sure to check back with us for more updates!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What news from this week are you most excited about? Tell us in the comments!