We dream of a day where we can eat Disney snacks 24/7. But alas, that’s not possible (at least not yet).
In a perfect world, we would spend every single day munching on Mickey Pretzels between meals, digging into Walt’s Chili for dinner, and satisfying our sweet tooth with a Dole Whip for dessert. And although that’s not possible, there are still some ways to bring the Disney snacks home, courtesy of Disney recipes. And lucky for us, Disney just dropped a new recipe…and it’ll bring a taste of the 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival home!
Disney just released the recipe for the Rocky Road Chocolate Cake you can grab at Flavors From Fire at the 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival! Over at the festival, this item costs $4.25 and is a Rocky Road Chocolate Cake with marshmallows, spiced almonds, and chocolate ganache.
We thought it was delicious and very heavy on the chocolate — which isn’t a complaint. The nuts added a nice crunchy texture, but the flavors of the nuts and marshmallows really got lost in the sea of chocolate. Again…that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
And if you want to try the treat for yourself, here’s how you can make it at home:
Spicy Sugared Almonds
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon of sugar — divided
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cayenne
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3/4 cup of unsalted almonds
- 6 ounces of chopped dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Sea salt
- Reserved chocolate ganache
To Make Spicy Sugared Almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of sugar with the cinnamon and cayenne in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Stir the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until it boils. Then, carefully add almonds and stir frequently for 8-10 minutes, until water evaporates. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes, until the sugar begins to caramelize. Finish the step by sprinkling cinnamon reserved mixture over almonds and stir to mix.
- Carefully pour the almonds onto a prepared baking sheet and separate with a spatula.
- Cool completely, then coarsely chop. Then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For Chocolate Ganache
- Spray eight 6-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray, then set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium glass bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Then pour over chocolate. Let the chocolate sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of ganache in each ramekin and then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Keep ganache at room temperature until ready to serve.
For Chocolate-Buttermilk Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, oil, and buttermilk. Whisk to combine. Then, carefully add boiling water and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Remove ramekins filled with ganache from the refrigerator and fill each with 1/3 cup cake batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes.
Remove the cakes from the ramekins and top each one with 2 tablespoons of mini marshmallows and 1 tablespoon of the spicy-sweet almonds. Then, warm the chocolate ganache in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Finish by drizzling the ganache over each cake and sprinkling with sea salt. Enjoy!
And there ya have it — the recipe for the Rocky Road Cake at Flavors From Fire! For more Disney recipes, check out how to make a smoothie inspired by Aladdin. Or check out how to make the PB&J Mac ‘n’ Cheese from Disney California Adventure’s 2022 Food & Wine Festival.
And, as always, stay tuned to DFB for the latest Disney news!
Try the recipe out and let us know how it goes in the comments!