We’re counting down the days until the start of the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival – which, by the way, is August 31 this year!
As part of our countdown to the Food and Wine Festival, we’re making a list of all the things we MUST eat and that list includes items from two of the new booths this year – Active Eats and Flavors from Fire.
This year’s Festival features 35 Marketplace booths in celebration of Epcot’s 35th anniversary, including several that are returning from hiatus, and five that are brand new for this year, including the two we’re showcasing today.
brings back a few favorites from previous Epcot Food and Wine Festivals including a favorite here at the DFB – Loaded Mac and Cheese with bacon and green onions.
- Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions
- Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri (GF)
- Sweet Avocado Crema with Strawberries, Yellow Cake and Tortilla Streusel
- M.I.A. Beer Company HRD WTR Cucumber & Lemon Lime Hard Sparkling Water, Doral, FL
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Cold Creek Riesling, Washington
- Evolution by Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
We’re so happy the Loaded Mac and Cheese is back this year! Be sure to budget for two helpings of this! This one was relocated from Farm Fresh to Active Eats this year.
The Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri is also on the menu this year, relocated from the Patagonia booth.
And you’ll want to save room for dessert at Active Eats where you’ll find the Sweet Avocado Crema with Strawberries, Yellow Cake and Tortilla Streusel.
Next up — Flavors from Fire is bringing spicy foods and dishes to the Festival this year!
Flavors from Fire
We’re really excited about this new booth. The Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue is one of our top New Menu Item picks for the festival.
2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Menu Flavors of Fire
- Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds
- Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso Romano and America Grana Cheeses
- Sweet Pancake with Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam and Maple Butter Syrup
- Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Raspberry Dust
- Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter
- Ravenswood Zinfandel, Napa Valley
- Swine Brine featuring Evan Williams Bourbon
You really need to add the Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions, and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso Romano and America Grana Cheeses to your must-eat list!
This is so crazy good that I had two helpings at the preview last week!
The Piggy Wings from the 2016 South Korea booth remain at the Festival thanks to Flavors from Fire!
The Sweet Pancake with Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam and Maple Butter Syrup offers up some serious flavor pairings! We liked the sausage on this one, but the pancake wasn’t the best. The maple butter syrup was a great flavor profile, though.
Even the dessert, Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Raspberry Dust, has a bit of heat! You gotta save room for this!
These are two booths we can’t wait to visit at this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
Want More Epcot Food and Wine Festival Info?
We’ll have all the coverage and information you need right here on Disney Food Blog!
What are you looking forward to eating at Active Eats and Flavors from Fire? Let us know in the comments.