Disney World is currently operating at limited capacity in order to meet health and safety regulations.
There are plans to reopen certain resorts, restaurants, and attractions, but many remain closed. Others are temporarily unavailable for planned refurbishments. We keep a close eye on all these changes for you so you can stay up to date. Now, we’re bringing you all the hotels and attractions that will be closed in Disney World in May 2021!
Disney World Resorts
Disney World is slowly announcing reopening dates for its hotels! However, the following are currently closed:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House
- All-Star Sports Resort
- All-Star Music Resort
- Beach Club Resort
- Boardwalk Inn
- Wilderness Lodge
- Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Resorts
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Open for DVC Guests and Dining Visitors
The “closed” resorts with Disney Vacation Club villas are actually partially open — guests are currently able to stay in those villas. Select restaurants are also open for guests with reservations. The following resorts are open for DVC bookings and dining:
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Beach Club Villas
- Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Resort Reopen Dates
Disney has announced reopening dates for 4 of its resorts! You will want to note, though, that while Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is currently open for DVC reservations and dining, it’s under major construction. The monorail platform, entrance, lobby, and guest rooms are all being transformed.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort — May 30th
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge — June 6th
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn — July 2nd
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort — Summer 2021 (Reservations are available for July 19th.).
Disney World Attractions
Attractions Closed for Refurbishments
A couple of attractions will be closed in May for scheduled refurbishment. We’re listing them here for you, along with their expected opening dates. Just remember that these dates are all subject to change — and more projects can be added throughout the month!
- Main Street Confectionery — July 4th, 2021 (highly subject to change)
- The Hall of Presidents — No official reopening date
- Walt Disney World Railroad — No official reopening date
Magic Kingdom Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
Other attractions are closed due to health and safety measures, or simply because of limited operations. High-touch areas like splash zones have been closed for sanitation purposes. The following Magic Kingdom attractions will be closed in May:
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
- Main Street Vehicles
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- A Pirate’s Adventure — Treasures of the Seven Seas
EPCOT Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
EPCOT’s interactive attractions (many of which you can find in The Seas with Nemo and Friends building) have been closed for safety reasons, too, due to their high-touch nature.
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Advanced Training Lab
- Bruce’s Shark World
- Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
Many shows in Disney’s Hollywood Studios are temporarily unavailable.
- Star Wars: Launch Bay
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
- Boneyard Play Area
- Finding Nemo: the Musical
Water Park Closures
If you’re planning a trip in May, keep in mind that these reopening dates are highly subject to change. We’ll continue to bring you all the latest updates, and we encourage you to stay tuned to Disney World’s online refurbishment calendar, too. Stay tuned to DFB for more Disney news!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you going to Disney World in May? Let us know in the comments!