We’re still seeing quite a few closures around Disney World property.
Even though hotels and restaurants are reopening right and left, some things remain unavailable. Still, others are closed temporarily for planned refurbishments! Of course, if you’re planning on visiting, we like to keep you updated. So we’re bringing you all the hotels and attractions that will be closed in Disney World in July 2021!
Disney World Resorts
Disney World’s hotels are slowly reopening. However, the following remain closed:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House
- All-Star Sports Resort
- All-Star Music Resort
- Boardwalk Inn
- Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Resorts
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Open for DVC Guests and Dining Visitors
Several of these “closed” resorts are part of the Disney Vacation Club, which means their DVC villas are currently open to guests even though the rest of the hotel is unavailable. Select restaurants are also open for guests with reservations. The following resorts are open for DVC bookings and dining:
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Resort Reopen Dates
We have reopening dates for a couple of Disney World hotels! You will want to note, though, that while Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is currently open for DVC reservations and dining, it’s undergoing a big reimagining that involves construction on the monorail platform, entrance, lobby, and guest rooms.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn — July 2nd
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort — July 19
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge — August 26th
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House — August 26th
Disney World Attractions
Attractions Closed for Refurbishments
Some rides will be closed in July for scheduled refurbishment. We’re listing them here for you, along with their expected reopening dates. Keep in mind that these dates are all subject to change. We may also see more projects added as the month continues!
- Main Street Confectionery — No official reopening date
- The Hall of Presidents — No official reopening date
- Walt Disney World Railroad — No official reopening date
Magic Kingdom Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
While high-touch areas are gradually reopening, some attractions remain closed. The following Magic Kingdom attractions will be closed in July:
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
- Main Street Vehicles
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- A Pirate’s Adventure — Treasures of the Seven Seas
EPCOT Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
Similarly, several of EPCOT’s interactive attractions (many of which you can find in The Seas with Nemo and Friends building) are still closed.
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Advanced Training Lab
- Bruce’s Shark World
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, many shows are temporarily available.
- Star Wars: Launch Bay
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Attractions with No Scheduled Reopen Dates
Lastly, a few Animal Kingdom experiences are still closed.
- Boneyard Play Area
- Finding Nemo: the Musical
Water Park Closures
Disney’s Blizzard Beach is open. Disney has not yet announced when Typhoon Lagoon will reopen.
You’ll want to keep in mind that all of these dates are highly subject to change. We’ll keep you posted here at DFB with the latest updates, but you may also want to keep an eye on Disney World’s online refurbishment calendar. In the meantime, stay tuned to DFB for the latest Disney news!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you going to Disney World in July? Let us know in the comments!