Another week has gone by and LOTS of big Disney news has been shared!
Whether you love Disney Cruise Line, have been waiting for the EPCOT monorail to reopen, or are wondering just when nighttime shows may return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we’ve got all the updates you need to know right here!
1 — Disney Cruise Line
Earlier today, Disney Cruise Line announced that it will resume sailing from the US in early August! A number of things will change on the cruise aimed at ensuring the health and safety of the passengers. There are COVID-19 testing requirements, mask rules, and more.
2 — EPCOT Monorail
EPCOT monorail fans, rejoice! This past weekend, the EPCOT monorail became available once again in Disney World!
The monorail closed shortly after it reopened, but it has since reopened. It’s a good reminder to always check whether any form of transportation is temporarily down and keep in mind that alternative forms of transportation will be available if something like that does happen.
3 — The Polynesian, Trader Sam’s, and More
Speaking of reopening, earlier this week Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort officially reopened (note that its Disney Vacation Club villas and bungalows had previously been open). We got to check out the NEW Moana-inspired rooms at the hotel, and have shared a FULL room tour for you to check out.
When the hotel reopened we also got to check out a NEW Moana-themed DOLE Whip cone at the resort.
And if you’re looking for another spot to grab a snack at the Poly, check out the food items now being served at Barefoot Pool Bar!
4 — Happily Ever After Closing Date
We previously shared that during the 50th Anniversary, a new fireworks show would be coming to Magic Kingdom — Disney Enchantment. The question was then what would become of Happily Ever After? Well, this week Disney announced that Happily Ever After will be closing this September!
The EPCOT Forever fireworks will also be ending at EPCOT in September, and that show will be replaced by Harmonious.
5 — More Reopenings
Things are changing all over the Disney parks, and lots of reopenings have taken place recently or are set to take place soon! In Magic Kingdom, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor will be reopening soon. In EPCOT, fans will soon get the chance to talk to their favorite turtle when Turtle Talk with Crush reopens! In Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Beauty and the Beast stage show is set to reopen soon as well.
In terms of reopenings that have already taken place, Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds reopened this past weekend with new family-style offerings for breakfast and dinner.
And if you’re looking for a place to rest and relax in air conditioning, you can now hop inside Restaurant Marrakesh in EPCOT’s Morocco pavilion.
It isn’t serving food, but you can stop in to sit down and munch on your own snacks or just relax.
Click here to see more about when Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk with Crush will reopen!
6 – Fireworks Returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Fireworks have returned to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom, and soon it’ll be Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ turn! Earlier this week, Disney announced that the Wonderful World of Animation show will be returning to Hollywood Studios soon!
The show features projections on the Chinese Theatre of Disney animated movies, as well as a few fireworks (of course).
7 — Character Dining and Buffets are Back in Disneyland
And finally, in terms of big news, we end with some updates from Disneyland! Character dining officially returned to Disneyland with the resumption of character breakfasts at Storytellers Cafe at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel.
But, not only did character dining return — buffets also returned!
The Storytellers Cafe character breakfast is in fact being served buffet-style. And on the buffet you’ll find some drinks in plastic bags — click here to find out why!
And that’s our wrap-up of the biggest news stories from this week! But, of course, more Disney news was announced this week that you should know about. Check out the links below to learn more:
- The 50th anniversary sign has been added to Cinderella Castle
- We shared an update about Florida leading the US in new COVID-19 cases
- The iconic Partners Statue is undergoing refurbishment
- We got a first look at the new President Biden animatronic in the Hall of Presidents and an update on when the attraction will reopen
- Some more Adventures by Disney trips have been canceled
- We experienced a dining glitch that might point to future changes
- A decision regarding the airport train to Disney World has been delayed indefinitely
- A new Back Side of Water treat is set to come soon to Disney World!
- A new poster for the Star Wars hotel was shared and it reveals some important details!
- New studded Minnie ears, Riviera Resort ears, and $50 Minnie ears were released
- Themes have been revealed for the 2022 Walt Disney World Marathon weekend
- Could the pianist be coming back to Casey’s Corner?
- There were app outages in Disneyland and Walt Disney World
- The Wave…of American Flavors’ breakfast is being served in California Grill
- The Coco scene has been added to Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Disney California Adventure Park
- The Culinary Program is coming back to Disney World
- We shared a look at all of the character statues coming for the 50th Anniversary (that have been announced so far)
- Orlando Magical Dining is coming back!
And that’s it for this week! As always, be sure to check back with us for all the latest updates.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
What news from this week are you most excited about? Tell us in the comments!