We went to Disneyland’s FIRST-EVER Princess Nite, which is a separately ticketed after-hours event. And we’re taking you along with us to experience it!
There are unique treats, special meet-and-greets, and themed entertainment offerings at this special event, which is held on March 7th and 9th from 9PM to 1AM. Let’s head in to check it all out!
As we mentioned, the Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite event takes place on March 7th and 9th, and tickets are currently sold out for both dates. The event runs from 9PM to 1AM, but guests can enter the park three hours before it begins.
There are Disney princess meet-and-greets, special photo opportunities, and entertainment offerings like live music included in your ticket for the event. There are also LOTS of snacks, including some free options and other specialty treats that cost extra.
You can check in as you enter the park, or you can find special check-in areas located around. Be on the lookout for these signs!
Once we were checked in, we got an event guide with all the details we needed to know for the party.
It has a park map and a full list of the special offerings, including some delicious-sounding snacks!
We were also given this lanyard as a souvenir — and it has a mirror on it! It’s to “reflect your bravery, beauty, and grace.”
Now that we’re all settled, let’s go check out the event!
We certainly weren’t the only ones who were excited about this new After Hours party. There were plenty of people hovering around Main Street, U.S.A. throughout the night.
There were also some REALLY long lines for characters around the park. The wait to meet Minnie & Daisy was about an hour, and the wait to meet Princess Leia was an hour and a half. Wow!
If you want to meet characters, you might be using a fair amount of your party time to do so.
And speaking of characters, at Princess Nite, you can meet some princesses that aren’t usually greeting guests in the park! We spotted Leia in Tomorrowland, greeting guests along with R2-D2.
We also saw Minnie and Daisy on Main Street, U.S.A. in their beautiful princess outfits!
Here’s a full list of the available meet-and-greets:
- Princess Minnie Mouse and Princess Daisy Duck on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Jasmine and Moana in Adventureland
- Tiana in New Orleans Square
- Pocahontas in Frontierland
- Princess Leia in Tomorrowland
- Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Elena of Avalor, Kida (!!!), Merida, Mulan, Princess Atta, Raya, Sofia the First, and Snow White in Fantasyland
Special photo ops were also available throughout the park, including:
- Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite Welcome Window “Be Our Guest”
- Be Royally Fierce Storybook in Critter Country
- Agrabah Night Scene in Frontierland
- Cinderella’s Crystal Coach, Royal Throne, and The Princess Diaries “The Art of the Fan” in Fantasyland
There’s a lot to do in the park during Princess Nite. Some rides and attractions remain open for the event, and they had much shorter wait times than you’ll usually see during the day.
There are also musical performances with special appearances by Disney princesses!
One of our favorites was the cavalcade featuring Giselle from Enchanted. She rides down Main Street in a flower-covered carriage!
Giselle from Enchanted is kicking off the Princess Nite Cavalcade ✨ pic.twitter.com/5G5TiCA0aX
— Disney Food Blog (@DisneyFoodBlog) March 8, 2023
If you want to dance the night away, make sure to check out the Pop Princess Dance Party featuring Vanellope Von Schweetz at Tomorrowland Terrace.
Dance party with Vanellope Von Schweetz? 💃🏻🕺 Nothing could be sweeter at this Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite ✨ pic.twitter.com/DfYynrD5Ld
— Disney Food Blog (@DisneyFoodBlog) March 8, 2023
Here’s a full list of entertainment offerings:
- Musical performance with special appearances by Disney princesses on the Rivers of America, New Orleans Square at 9:30PM, 10:45PM, and 11:45PM. Other entertainment includes:
- The royal arrival of Princess Minnie Mouse and Princess Daisy Duck every half hour at the Disneyland Train Station, Main Street, U.S.A.
- A cavalcade with Giselle starting at 9:15PM and running twice per hour on Main Street, U.S.A. starting at 9:15PM
- Princess Gowns of the Past at Main Street Cinema on Main Street, U.S.A. from 9PM-1AM
- A Struttin Jazz Band on the Cafe Orleans Patio, New Orleans Square at 9PM, 10PM, 11PM, and 12:15AM
- A Pop Princess Dance Party featuring Vanellope von Schweetz at Tomorrowland Terrace from 9PM-1AM
- Share Your Light — Share a trait and leave your mark on the night — at Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Tomorrowland, from 9PM-1AM
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will also be hosting children’s makeovers for a limited time during the event.
You know what we’re REALLY here for — the EATS!
There are special snacks available throughout the park! Here’s a full list of the themed treats:
- Princess Sundae (Blackberry, Peach, and Raspberry Sorbets) from Gibson Girl
- Daydreamer Macaroon (Raspberry-Coconut Macaroon) and Princess Trifle (White Chocolate Mousse and Mixed Berry Compote with Vanilla Cake) from Jolly Holiday
- Curried Beef Hot Dog and Cotton Candy-Cream Cheese Pretzel from Refreshment Corner
- Mixed Berry Wagon-Ade from Little Red Wagon
- Be Brave Spicy Chicken Dinner and Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders from Plaza Inn
- Pineapple Shrimp Skewer from Bengal BBQ
- Mixed Berry Milk from Harbour Galley
- Cajun Honey-Glazed Chicken and Loaded Steak Fries and Tea Time Lemon Funnel Cake with Lemon Sorbet at Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Escargot Flatbread, Wild Mushroom Flatbread, and Glowing Strawberry Sparkle Tea at Red Rose Taverne
- Spicy Huli Huli Loaded Tenders and Royal Sparkling Lemonade at Galactic Grill
- Big Slice Pepperoni, Big Slice Cheese, and Cinnamon Breadsticks at Alien Pizza Planet
- Macadamia Nut Pretzel at Tomorrowland Pretzel Cart
- Blueberry Cheesecake Churro with Blueberry Cheesecake Dipping Sauce at “it’s a small world” and Fantasyland Churro Carts
- Berry Good Churro at Castle, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland Churro Carts
- Friendship Churro (Rolled in Raspberry-Limeade & Pink Lemonade Sugars) at New Orleans Square and Critter Country Churro Carts
Cafe Orleans is three tea services with an assorted selection of teas (no reservations required):
- Tea Service — Short Rib Sandwich, Caviar Egg, Crab Avocado Toast, Monte Cristo Fritter, Creole Chicken & Apple Pecan Salad Po Boy, Crepe Layer Cake, Blueberry-Almond Scone, Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry-Chocolate Crème Puff
- Plant-Based Tea Service — Impossible™ Sandwich, Roasted Potato, Avocado Toast, Ratatouille Sandwich, Cucumber & Watercress Salad Sandwich, Strawberry Shortcake, Fruit Cobbler, Chocolate Raspberry Bar, Blueberry-Almond Scone
- Kid’s Tea Service — Peanut Butter and Jelly, Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Meatball Po Boy, Assorted Fruits, Crème Puff
Special event merchandise is available at Emporium, The Star Trader, Showcase, and Pioneer Mercantile. We spotted this Princess Nite 2023 t-shirt that you can pick up!
We also picked up the exclusive Cinderella’s Carriage popcorn bucket during the event. Isn’t it stunning?!
Crislu has a jewelry trunk show from 8PM to 12AM. Arribas Bros. has special displays set up with princess-themed items.
And that was our experience at Princess Nite in Disneyland! We’ll keep you updated with coverage of any more special Disney events, so stay tuned!
Click here to learn about more Disneyland After Dark events.
Want to Learn More About Disneyland?
Check Out the Links Below!
DFB Disneyland Restaurants Guide
Disney Genie and How to Use it in Disneyland
What You Need to Know About the Theme Park Reservation System for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure
Closures and Construction at Disneyland
Learn All About Disneyland Park
See What Marvelous Stuff You’ll Find at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure
Learn About Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure
Get All the Details About the Disneyland Mobile App
Everything You Need to Know About Mobile Order in Disneyland
Learn More About Disneyland’s Magic Key Program
Full Details About the Holiday Season in Disneyland
Full Details About Halloween Time at Disneyland
Get Some STRANGE Tips for Disneyland
Click HERE to Check Out Lots of Other DFB Posts About Disneyland
Join the DFB Newsletter To Get All the Latest Disney News Delivered Right to Your Inbox! Click here to Subscribe
Are you going to the Disneyland After Dark: Princess Nite event? Let us know in the comments.
Gerard Joustich says
Love the princess nite celebration that takes place yearly, although I still wish they brought Anna and Elsa. I hope they bring them in the future. And if they do I hope they’ll be in their Frozen 1 outfits.
Sonia Sullivan says
I guess I must have missed the cost ? I didn’t see it listed.
That sounds fun! Wish they’d do it at WDW. We used to do the Pirates & Princess parties – they were fun!
DFB Gigi says
Hi Sonia! The ticketed price starts at $129 and up per guest ages 3+.
Sonia Sullivan says
Thank you !