Flame Tree Barbecue is where guests with a beastly hunger can dine in a lush outdoor paradise overlooking Discovery River.
Flame Tree Barbecue is a popular counter service spot in Disney’s Animal Kingdom featuring barbecue classics (along with a few twists)!
Located near the Discovery Island bridge to DinoLand, it boasts some absolutely gorgeous views. All seating is outdoors, but colorful pavilions provide shade and cover from the sun or inclement weather.
Service: Counter Service
Type of Food: American, Barbecue
Location: Animal Kingdom, Discovery Island
Disney Dining Plan: Yes, Counter Service Credit & Snack items
Tables in Wonderland: Yes
Flame Tree Barbecue Menu
Guest Review: Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Guest Review – Theme Park Throw Down: Counter Service
Disney Food Blog Review: Flame Tree Barbecue at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Food Blog Review: Onion Rings and Chocolate Mousse at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Disney Food Blog Review: Fruit Plate with Honey Yogurt at Flame Tree Barbecue in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Food Blog Review: Lunch at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue — Including the New FULL Slab of Ribs!
Disney Food Blog Review: New Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Pulled Pork at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Pics and Review: Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Cupcake at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Pick Your Poison: Spooky Mocktail or Rotten Cocktail (Plus ALL. THE. GLOW. CUBES.) in Disney World!
FULL REVIEW: A Spicy and Stunning Cupcake Is Back EARLY in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom!
Disney Food Blog Review: We’re Seriously IMPRESSED By the New Amaretto and Cherry Cupcake in Disney World
DISNEY FOOD BLOG REVIEW: Is the New Lion King Cupcake in Disney World a Hit or MISS?
Review: Disney’s Latest Cupcake Has An INSANE Amount of Frosting…and We’re NOT Complaining
- Ducks and other birds are known to visit the outdoor seating area and can be very “friendly” in an attempt to acquire some of your meal; as with all dining locations in the Animal Kingdom park, guests are strongly encouraged not to feed the animals.
- Napkins and flatware are available in several of the seating areas, not at the front counter.
- Animal Kingdom does not allow straws or lids to be used at counter service locations. If tippy trays are an issue for you, you may be better off buying your beverage in a bottle from a cart elsewhere in the park.
- There are several different seating areas for this location. The most visible are those directly to the left of the counter. However, if you follow the path toward the water, you’ll find seating with better views.
- Be sure to check out the theming. Yes, those are depictions of animals eating other animals that you see throughout the seating area! It’s the Circle of Life theme…
- Flame Tree Barbecue accepts Mobile Order.
Famous Dishes: Smoked 1/2 Chicken, St. Louis Ribs, Pork Sandwich, Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Pulled Pork
Disney Food Blog Posts Mentioning Flame Tree Barbecue