Flame Tree Barbecue is where guests with a beastly hunger can dine in a lush outdoor paradise overlooking Discovery River.
Flame Tree Barbecue is a popular counter service spot in Disney’s Animal Kingdom featuring barbecue classics (along with a few twists)!
Located near the Discovery Island bridge to DinoLand, it boasts some absolutely gorgeous views. All seating is outdoors, but colorful pavilions provide shade and cover from the sun or inclement weather.
Service: Counter Service
Type of Food: American, Barbecue
Location: Animal Kingdom, Discovery Island
Disney Dining Plan: Yes — Quick Service meal credits and snack credits
Flame Tree Barbecue Menu
Guest Review: Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Guest Review – Theme Park Throw Down: Counter Service
Disney Food Blog Review: Flame Tree Barbecue at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Food Blog Review: Onion Rings and Chocolate Mousse at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Disney Food Blog Review: Fruit Plate with Honey Yogurt at Flame Tree Barbecue in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Food Blog Review: Lunch at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue — Including the New FULL Slab of Ribs!
Disney Food Blog Review: New Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Pulled Pork at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Pics and Review: Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Cupcake at Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree Barbecue
Pick Your Poison: Spooky Mocktail or Rotten Cocktail (Plus ALL. THE. GLOW. CUBES.) in Disney World!
FULL REVIEW: A Spicy and Stunning Cupcake Is Back EARLY in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom!
Disney Food Blog Review: We’re Seriously IMPRESSED By the New Amaretto and Cherry Cupcake in Disney World
DISNEY FOOD BLOG REVIEW: Is the New Lion King Cupcake in Disney World a Hit or MISS?
Review: Disney’s Latest Cupcake Has An INSANE Amount of Frosting…and We’re NOT Complaining
The ONE Gummy Worm Looks Real LONELY On Disney World’s Newest Drink
Review: It’s Officially Carrot Cake Season in Disney World (And We’re Not Complaining One Bit)!
Is This the Most Instagramable Cupcake in Disney World Right Now?!
REVIEW: We Made Our Favorite Food at Flame Tree Barbecue in Disney World 10X BETTER!
Review: Where to Find the Cookie Dough Filled Cupcake in Disney World
Disney Food Blog Review: Disney World’s New Treat is a Little Confusing!
REVIEW: Should You Try the New MEATLOAF (?!) in Disney’s Animal Kingdom?!
REVIEW: A Villain Cupcake With Toasted Marshmallow Filling?! Thank Ya, Disney World!
Disney Food Blog REVIEW: The ONE Fall Cupcake You NEED to Try in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney Food Blog Review: The Disney World Snack That Will Make You Love Cupcakes Again
Disney Food Blog Review: Why Pink Chicken is Totally NOT a Bad Thing in EPCOT
Review: The New Disney World Cupcake Is 90% Filling And We’re SO Not Mad About It
REVIEW: Why We’re Swapping Fries for Greens at this Disney World Restaurant Right Now
There’s a BAO BUN on Top of a Cupcake in Disney World!
REVIEW: If You Get Disney World’s Colorful Cupcake, Just Be Prepared 😳
REVIEW: Looking for a Quick and Filling Meal in Disney’s Animal Kingdom? We’ve Got You Covered.
Review: Salty, Savory Magic Tops This Disney World Meal
Review: Proof That Disney World Food is Unpredictable
Review: Order This Exclusive Disney World Cupcake For The FILLING
Disney Food Blog REVIEW: Come With Us To Try a SMOKY New Snack in Disney World
Review: Did This Treat Get BETTER or WORSE in Disney World? It’s Complicated.
REVIEW: One of Our FAVORITE Snacks Is BACK in Disney World — Spoiler Alert: It’s Still AMAZING
- Ducks and other birds are known to visit the outdoor seating area and can be very “friendly” in an attempt to acquire some of your meal; as with all dining locations in the Animal Kingdom park, guests are strongly encouraged not to feed the animals.
- Napkins and flatware are available in several of the seating areas, not at the front counter.
- Animal Kingdom does not allow straws or lids to be used at counter service locations. If tippy trays are an issue for you, you may be better off buying your beverage in a bottle from a cart elsewhere in the park.
- There are several different seating areas for this location. The most visible are those directly to the left of the counter. However, if you follow the path toward the water, you’ll find seating with better views.
- Be sure to check out the theming. Yes, those are depictions of animals eating other animals that you see throughout the seating area! It’s the Circle of Life theme…
- Flame Tree Barbecue accepts Mobile Order.
Famous Dishes: Smoked 1/2 Chicken, St. Louis Ribs, Pork Sandwich, Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Pulled Pork
Disney Food Blog Posts Mentioning Flame Tree Barbecue