There are some things in life that are truly too good to resist. For us, desserts may happen to be just one of them! Thankfully, Disneyland Paris has released one of their recipes for us to enjoy at home in a series called Totalement Toques.
Although we may not be experts on making desserts, anyone can cook! Right?!
This particular recipe comes from Anas Alaoui Mdaghri. Anas happens to be the Head Sous-Chef of the Yacht Club restaurant at Disney’s Newport Bay Club located in the Disneyland Paris Resort. This dessert not only looks light, airy, and fresh but it’s vegan too!
Here’s what we’ll need:
Ingredients for the Vegan Meringue
Cider vinegar: 1 teaspoon
Powdered sugar: 1 cup
Hazelnuts: 1 tablespoon
Chickpea water: ½ cup
Ingredients for the Vegan Coconut Cream
Coconut cream: 1 cup
Powdered sugar: 1 cup
- Roast the hazelnuts in a pan. Rub them in a clean towel to remove the outside layer, then crush and set aside.
- In a food processor, whip up the chickpea water, add the sugar as you go, then the vinegar. You must obtain a firm foam.
- Place the mixture in a pastry bag and pipe circles 10 cm in diameter. Sprinkle with the crushed hazelnuts and bake at 215°F for 90 minutes.
- Pour the coconut cream into the food processor and process until frothy. Add the powdered sugar and then the lime zest. After finished, place in a pastry bag.
- Arrange your Pavlova starting with a meringue disk. Add a layer of cream, then red fruits, more cream and another meringue disk. Finish the preparation of your dessert by decorating the top disk with coconut cream and fresh fruit. For the finishing touch, you can sprinkle with lime zest and fresh mint leaves.
Of course, a professional chef makes it look easy! Give it a shot and share your creations with us!
Check out ALL of our Disney recipes here!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
WE KNOW DISNEY.
YOU CAN, TOO.
Oh boy, planning a Disney trip can be quite the adventure, and we totally get it! But fear not, dear friends, we compiled EVERYTHING you need (and the things to avoid!) to plan the ULTIMATE Disney vacation.
Whether you're a rookie or a seasoned pro, our insider tips and tricks will have you exploring the parks like never before. So come along with us, and get planning your most magical vacation ever!
Save 25% on the 2023 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining with code WDW2023.
Were you brave enough to attempt this beautiful dessert? Any success? Let us know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply