Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance was announced as one of the new attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill soft opening date announced! Check out the menu here.
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run is coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
- New nighttime spectaculars, pavilion entertainment, and more announced for Epcot.
- Get a closer look at the new Star Wars Resort coming to Disney World!
- Check out the new holiday treats at The Ganachery in Disney Springs.
- We have details on all the holiday treats in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
- Check out the New Year’s Eve dinners at Disney World and Disneyland.
- We have lots of news from this weekend’s Destination D event.
- Check out the Mickey Birthday Cupcakes at Gasparilla Grill and Contempo Cafe!
- The Gingerbread Carousel is up at Disney’s Beach Club!
- It’s time to pre-order the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining!
- Check out this Steamboat Willie Heritage Mickey Mousse at the Boardwalk Bakery!
- We were celebrating Mickey’s 90th Birthday in the Magic Kingdom with special treats and fun merchandise!
- Check out what’s NEW at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- We checked out everything new at Hollywood Studios this week.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Alien Pizza Planet in Disneyland!
- We have details on what’s new at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- Check out everything new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We have details on where to find all the holiday treats in Disney Springs!
- We have details on what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We checked out the seasonal Cranberry Mousse at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- We reviewed the holiday treats at the Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House.
- Check out the holiday treats – and cookie shots – at Disney’s Grand Californian!
- The Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House is open for the 2018 season!
- Check out these fun holiday krispy treats in the Disney Parks.
- We spotted some fun new merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- There’s a new Cheshire Cat cupcake of the month at All Star Music Resort.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure.
- New latte art debuts at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- We shared details on a V.I.Passholder Pop Up event for Mickey’s birthday!
- Check out the latest details about the Guardians of the Galaxy ride in Epcot.
- More details were announced for the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- The opening season was announced for the Disney Skyliner.
- More details were revealed for Epcot’s Space Restaurant!
- Check out this new Churro Toffee we spotted in Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Mickey Birthday Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Tambu Lounge has reopened at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
- Check out this must-have holiday glow cube from Disneyland.
- There’s a new slushie and a new dessert at Amorette’s Patisserie!
- A new holiday dessert is on the menu at the 4R Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck.
- Check out all the limited time treats at Disney World and Disneyland for Mickey’s 90th birthday.
- We reviewed some holiday treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Goofy’s Candy Company is serving up gourmet cotton candy.
- New DFB YouTube videos: DFB Throwdown: The Polite Pig vs. D-Luxe Burger, 10 Great Ways to Spend $50 at Disney World, What’s New at Disney World and Disneyland, and 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video — 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video — check it out — 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Pre-Order the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining
It’s time to pre-order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2019 e-book!
Pre-Order with code WDW2019 TODAY to get:
1. 25% OFF your pre-order purchase with code WDW2019! And…
2. The fully updated 2018 Edition of the Guide immediately for FREE. Just use code WDW2019 at checkout! (We’ll send the 2019 Edition directly to your inbox as soon as it’s published after the New Year.)
Just like all DFB pre-order deals — when you pre-order your DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book, 2019 Edition today for 25% off the cover price (with code WDW2019…did we mention that?), you’ll also get our 2018 Edition immediately for FREE, so you can start planning TODAY!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full of ALL the information you need to plan the BEST Disney World vacation.
We keep ALL of our DFB Guides fully updated — which means the 2018 edition is up-to-date RIGHT NOW and the 2019 Edition will have even MORE new changes when it’s published after the New Year! This means when you pre-order the 2019 edition today you’re getting TWO fully-updated DFB Guides for the PRICE OF ONE!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
Here’s Just Some Of What We’ll Have Updated In Our 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book:
- Fully updated menus, prices, and restaurant info for 2019 visitors
- Updated details about available discounts and deals at Disney World restaurants
- DFB’s own 2019 recommendations for everything from table service to counter service to snacks and more
- Over 700 pages of updated Disney Dining advice, details, and information
- Disney Dining Plan Analysis — Is it right for your family? Can you really save money?
- NEW Disney food and restaurant photos
- Updated reviews of all Disney World restaurants, kiosks, bars, and lounges including all new eateries
- An updated chapter focused on one of the most popular Disney dining topics: Snacks in the theme parks and resorts
- A comprehensive section of What’s NEW in Disney Food, including new restaurants, new menus, restaurant closures, and more
You can pre-order your copy today for 25% off the cover price and get the 2018 Edition immediately for FREE!! Just use code WDW2019! The 2019 Edition will be emailed to you as soon as it’s published in early 2019.
DFB Reader Finds
Earlier this year we shared the DFB Cupcake Crawl and all year we’ve been hearing from readers who are attempting to complete the challenge! DFB reader Brad Philbert and his family were working on the crawl this past week and he shared some pics with us including this one of their 7th cupcake – an Olaf Cupcake in Hollywood Studios!
The Purple Wall in the Magic Kingdom has its own Cotton Candy and Slush, but DFB reader @bioreconstruct decided to have some fun at this week’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and he paired the Holiday Cookie with the Purple Wall. It’s a good look! ;-D
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this super funny – and true – Disney wine glass!
WDW for Grownups shared some Disney dining ideas when you don’t have Advance Dining Reservations.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe from Flavors From Fire from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
Disney Family shared a recipe for Cinderella’s Pumpkin Quinoa!