So far, we’ve tried Haunted Mansion Chocolate Eclairs, a Halloween Milkshake that tastes like candy corn, and more! But the treats are still coming. We found a NEW themed dome cake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort today and it features an obscure Disney character.
By now, you may have noticed that we’ve been trying all of the festive Christmas treats around Disney World!
While some holiday snacks can be found in multiple locations around property, others are truly unique and can only be found in ONE spot! Case in point: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa serve one-of-a-kind treats EVERY year, and some of our favorites have returned!
Happy weekend! We’ve been hard at work in the parks scoping out all the latest news for you! First, a few things to remember… .
- There are lot of BRAND NEW 2020 DISCOUNTS for Disney World Hotels and Packages, and we’ve got them all here!
- The 2019 Epcot Festival of the Holidays kicks off this week on November 29 and runs through December 30! Be sure to check out out ALL of the Festival menus here!
- FULL Menus and EVERY SINGLE food photo is up for Disney World’s Festival of the Holidays! And be sure to check out our BEST of the Fest!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
So here’s the deal. You know we’re covering ALL the holiday treats in Disney World and Disneyland today. Why? Because it’s November 8th and by now we all know why November 8th is so important, right??
Right! So while on our mission to eat every holiday treat in Disney World today, we came across a couple in Animal Kingdom that were a little mysterious.
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance was announced as one of the new attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill soft opening date announced! Check out the menu here.
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run is coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
- New nighttime spectaculars, pavilion entertainment, and more announced for Epcot.
- Get a closer look at the new Star Wars Resort coming to Disney World!
- Check out the new holiday treats at The Ganachery in Disney Springs.
- We have details on all the holiday treats in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District.
- Check out the New Year’s Eve dinners at Disney World and Disneyland.
- We have lots of news from this weekend’s Destination D event.
- Check out the Mickey Birthday Cupcakes at Gasparilla Grill and Contempo Cafe!
- The Gingerbread Carousel is up at Disney’s Beach Club!
- It’s time to pre-order the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining!
- Check out this Steamboat Willie Heritage Mickey Mousse at the Boardwalk Bakery!
- We were celebrating Mickey’s 90th Birthday in the Magic Kingdom with special treats and fun merchandise!
- Check out what’s NEW at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- We checked out everything new at Hollywood Studios this week.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Alien Pizza Planet in Disneyland!
- We have details on what’s new at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- Check out everything new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- We have details on where to find all the holiday treats in Disney Springs!
- We have details on what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- We checked out the seasonal Cranberry Mousse at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- We reviewed the holiday treats at the Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House.
- Check out the holiday treats – and cookie shots – at Disney’s Grand Californian!
- The Grand Floridian’s Gingerbread House is open for the 2018 season!
- Check out these fun holiday krispy treats in the Disney Parks.
- We spotted some fun new merchandise at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- There’s a new Cheshire Cat cupcake of the month at All Star Music Resort.
- We reviewed the holiday eats at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure.
- New latte art debuts at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
- We shared details on a V.I.Passholder Pop Up event for Mickey’s birthday!
- Check out the latest details about the Guardians of the Galaxy ride in Epcot.
- More details were announced for the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- The opening season was announced for the Disney Skyliner.
- More details were revealed for Epcot’s Space Restaurant!
- Check out this new Churro Toffee we spotted in Disneyland.
- We reviewed the Mickey Birthday Cupcake at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Tambu Lounge has reopened at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
- Check out this must-have holiday glow cube from Disneyland.
- There’s a new slushie and a new dessert at Amorette’s Patisserie!
- A new holiday dessert is on the menu at the 4R Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck.
- Check out all the limited time treats at Disney World and Disneyland for Mickey’s 90th birthday.
- We reviewed some holiday treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Goofy’s Candy Company is serving up gourmet cotton candy.
- New DFB YouTube videos: DFB Throwdown: The Polite Pig vs. D-Luxe Burger, 10 Great Ways to Spend $50 at Disney World, What’s New at Disney World and Disneyland, and 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video — 12 Smartphone Apps You’ll Definitely Need in Disney World
This must be Contemporary Resort week at DFB, ’cause we’re back at the chic-meets-retro hotel again today! The holiday season is upon us at Walt Disney World! And, as you may know from an earlier post, one of the ways the season makes its presence known throughout Disney World is through some amazing gingerbread creations!
At Disney’s Contemporary Resort, the fabulous smell of spiced gingerbread wafts from this 17-foot tall, 6-foot wide Gingerbread Tree.
The good news is that you can enjoy more than just the fragrance… the Contemporary Resort’s gingerbread display offers plenty of festive snacks available for purchase as well.
Holiday Treats at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
It seems to me these treats change at least a bit every year, and part of the fun is seeing what’s new. This year’s selection didn’t disappoint!
Let’s start with the most fun (and unique) addition to the line-up. This year’s assortment of snacks includes a Five Legged Goat Krispy Treat!
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with our five-legged friend… if so, don’t worry. You haven’t spent your life missing out on a yuletide tale of yore featuring a five legged goat ;). No, this fellow is [Read more…]
As we ramp up to the Holidays in Walt Disney World, we’ve got more photos for you Festive Foodies!
To start, we’ll continue to whet your appetite (literally!) with with a few photos of yummy treats available all around the parks and resorts (thanks to Cody from the GDPinvestigation Blog for contributing so many)! Following those, I have a few shots of some food-related holiday merchandise that just might tempt you into a trip to Downtown Disney… 🙂
And stay tuned tomorrow for what is becoming a HUGE “Gingerbread Houses in Disney World” post, with photos contributed from at least three excellent photographers. I can’t wait to share with you their views through the lens.
Disney World Holiday Treats
This beautiful Christmas Tree cookie is sold at the American Adventure’s life-sized gingerbread house. Great stocking stuffer, eh?
And here’s a fun Gingerbread House Kit that’s sold at the American Adventure’s gingerbread house as well!
But if you don’t want to make your own gingerbread house, the Boardwalk Bakery is selling pre-made versions!
And while you’re at the Boardwalk, you can snag some of these adorable cupcakes and brownies.
Over at the Contemporary, you can pick up these yummy gingerbread cookies…
…along with these minty treats!
All over the World, of course, you can find the ubiquitous holiday “crisped rice treat!”
Of course, you need to have some chocolate-covered pretzels…and some Christmas-y chocolates!
Disney World Holiday Merchandise
These first two can be found in Frontierland in the Magic Kingdom. I love that Christmas apron!
And these were found over in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. How cool is the peppermint-themed Tink stocking? And the plate and mug are perfect for egg nog and cookies left out for Santa…
More holidays at Disney Parks to come! Thanks for reading, and thanks to all who have contributed their stories and photos! See you tomorrow with Gingerbread Galore!