And now you can make one of these recipes in your own kitchen!
Lamplight Lounge’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls use some of your pantry staples to create a snack that children and adults can both love! So put on your favorite Disney playlist and lets get cooking!
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup strawberry or grape jelly
For Peanut Butter Rolls
- Cut crusts off bread. Flatten bread with rolling pin until bread can bind after being rolled.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter evenly on each slice of flattened bread, leaving small boarder on all sides – the peanut butter will spread as you roll.
- Starting with long side of bread, gently roll up each bread slice into spiral. Cut each roll into 4 even pieces.
- Place 8 pieces of rollups onto each plate, seam-side down.
For Jelly Drizzle
- Place plastic quart-size freezer bag into small cup, folding back first few inches of bag over top of cup. Spoon jelly into bag, gently shaking bag to move jelly to bottom of bag. (Note: If jelly is too thick to drizzle, add small amount of warm water to jelly in small bowl and mix to desired consistency before adding to bag).
- Once filled, lift bag from cup and squeeze out excess air from bag and seal bag with a few twists to top of bag. Cut bottom corner of bag with scissors.
- Holding right below the twisted top of bag with one hand and guiding with free hand, gently squeeze to drizzle jelly over each peanut butter roll with zigzag motion.
For a visual step-by-step, check out Disney’s video below!
When you make a PB&J, do you put peanut butter on both pieces or bread or just one? Let us know in the comments!