We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the news for you this week. Today we have all the details on the latest in the Disney World theme parks and MORE!
See all of our coverage on Disney park reopenings HERE. We still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
- Florida’s governor extends the State of Emergency.
- NEW Disney World discounts are here and they including the holidays! <—PLANNING NEWS
- We have a discount on DFB face masks this weekend!
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is getting a Moana makeover. And will remain closed until summer 2021.
- Check out the Labor Day Weekend crowds at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Downtown Disney hit capacity during a heat wave this weekend.
- Pay raises have been confirmed for some cast members while others remain furloughed.
- Check out the latest updates on some booths at the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival.
- Find out what cupcake is available right now at Gaston’s Tavern.
- Disneyland hotel reservations are now only available beginning in October.
- Check out this construction update from EPCOT’s France Pavilion.
- This malfunctioning Elsa is all of us right now. <— HILARIOUS.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table is reopening with a BIG change.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway in Disneyland has been delayed.
- What to do if you’re booked at a Disney World hotel that isn’t opening.
- We asked our readers if they’ll still use MagicBands when they’re not free. Here’s what they said.
- The Monorail station is closing later this year at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Disney World Reopening NEWS!
- Which Disney World attractions had the longest wait times this week.
- Check out the Park Pass reservations for September as of right now.
- Disney World extends shortened park hours through late November. <— MORE PLANNING NEWS
- Gaston’s Tavern has reopened in the Magic Kingdom.
- A new merchandise holding system is being tested at the Animal Kingdom.
- Disney World’s overhead announcement has been updated.
- Character dining is returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- 4 projects Disney quietly launched this summer.
- How accurate are Disney World’s posted wait times?
- Work is continuing on Future World in EPCOT.
- 5 Disney World hotel updates that could change your vacation.
All the News From the Disney Parks
- What’s new in Disney Springs!
- Disney has updated some of its face masks with new fabric and other updates.
- Check out what’s new in EPCOT this week. See more here.
- We have all the updates on what’s new at Animal Kingdom.
- See what’s new right now at the Magic Kingdom. See more here.
- Here are 25 videos from the Magic Kingdom! <– BIG DAY AT MAGIC KINGDOM
- Avengers Campus is hiring for more stunt performers.
- You can watch the television tribute for Chadwick Boseman on Disney+.
- Limited time Halloween offerings are popping up in Disney World.
- Check out what’s new in Downtown Disney.
- See what Goofy in Disneyland Paris was doing this week.
- Akon is building a real-life Wakanda.
- Check out the new ‘schoolcation’ offer at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando.
- Here’s everything that’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- 5 changes that mean we’re closer to Disneyland reopening.
- There are still no reopening dates for these important locations.
- Whoopi Goldberg thinks there should be a Wakanda-land at the Disney Parks.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- There’s a new glittery cosmo in Disney World.
- We checked out the Mickey Monster Mash Burger in Disney World.
- Find out where School Bread is available right now in EPCOT. <— IT’S BACK!
- Jellyrolls has announced it will stay closed indefinitely.
- The Mickey-shaped Cinnamon Rolls got their Halloween makeover.
- Corn dog nuggets have returned to the Magic Kingdom.
- An EPCOT Food and Wine Festival dish has moved to a new location.
- You’ve gotta check out this special Starbucks drink in Disney Springs.
- The Oogie Boogie light-up dice have returned to Disney World.
- We spotted a new Halloween popcorn bucket at Magic Kingdom.
- The pumpkin spice Mickey waffle sundae is back at the Magic Kingdom.
- Gideon’s Bakehouse is hiring for its new Disney Springs location.
- The Madame Leota sipper arrived early in Disney World.
- Check out the first cinnamon roll sold at the reopened Gaston’s Tavern.
- Hollywood & Vine updates its menu ahead of reopening.
- The Sven sipper is coming back to Disney World.
- Check out the Pink Flamingo sparkling rose at the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival.
- There’s a new Pina Colada Dole Whip Float in Disney Springs.
- We reviewed the new escargot dish at the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival.
- We spotted the Halloween refillable mug at a Disney World hotel.
- Check out the new pina colada ice cream martini in EPCOT.
- Two Disney Springs restaurants have new specials for September.
- Five Magic Kingdom restaurants added to the Walk-Up Waitlist.
- Check out the spooky popcorn bucket we found at Animal Kingdom.
- Click HERE to get your free DFB Halloween snack playlist.
- Another new restaurant is now on Mobile Order.
- Check out our ultimate guacamole throw down in EPCOT.
- There are some new menu items in Disney Springs.
- These Hollywood Studios restaurants were added to the Walk-Up Waitlist.
- BoardWalk Bakery is now on Mobile Order.
- Check out the specialty cupcake flavors at Sprinkles for this month.
- La Cava del Tequila is celebrating its birthday with a special drink.
- We reviewed Pop’s Potion at Disney’s Pop Century.
- These EPCOT restaurants were added to the Walk-Up Waitlist.
- Check out this cool Jack Skellington hoodie.
- There’s another new D23 limited edition plush coming soon.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Railway merchandise back in stock at the Studios.
- The ‘Mulan’ castle collection is available online.
- Check out the new Animal Kingdom MagicBand we spotted.
- A new ‘Coco’ dress has arrived in Disney World.
- Disney’s newest designer ears sold out FAST this week.
- Halloween face masks are available right now in Disney World.
- Disney’s Halloween and Nightmare Before Christmas masks are available online. And, check out these Mulan masks.
- New Legacy Sketchbook ornaments are online and in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out these cute Disney dog and cat towels.
- We spotted some new Animal Kingdom shirts this week.
- There’s a new Nightmare Before Christmas MagicBand at Disney World.
- Check out the new EPCOT Food and Wine Festival Dooney & Bourke bags.
- We spotted new Disney Villains stickers in Downtown Disney.
- See where you can find the super limited edition Disneyland 65th anniversary Funko Pops.
- We spotted the ‘Coco’ Wishables at Downtown Disney.
- Check out the new Hercules Alex and Ani bracelets.
- We spotted a fun throwback poster in Downtown Disney.
- Four new pairs of Disney ears were spotted in Downtown Disney.
- We spotted some fun Disney fans!
- Check out these new face masks we spotted online.
- New color-changing lightsabers are coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Check out all the new EPCOT Food and Wine Festival merchandise. <— FESTIVAL MERCH!
- There’s a new Food and Wine Festival MagicBand.
- Star Wars Starbucks mugs are available online again.
- The new Batuuan Spira gift cards have arrived in Galaxy’s Edge.
- Disney released 26 new Loungefly bags online.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- Disney World’s Biggest Controversies
- Ranking the Most Expensive Food in Disney
- 9 Things You’ll Never See in Disney World
- The Latest Disney Parks News
The Disney Park Reopening — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the reopenings and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
New DFB Video — Disney World’s Biggest Controversies!
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: Disney World’s Biggest Controversies! — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this cute new Disney Vera Bradley bag.
WDW for Grownups shared news about cupcake delivery at Disney World.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for the Cliff Dweller from Oga’s Cantina.
Disney Family shared The Incredibles Superhero Lunchbox.