It’s now 2021, which means that it’s officially the year of Disney’s 50th Anniversary!
Since this is a milestone year, it makes sense that it would be a big draw for guests to visit! However, Disney World has seen lots of changes this past year. So we’ve found ourselves wondering if potential visitors are still planning to visit Disney World this year, and we asked YOU!
Disney’s official 50th birthday is on October 1st. And if it’s been a few years since you’ve last visited the Most Magical Place on Earth, there are lots of new things to check out. There are fairly new attractions to experience, like Rise of the Resistance and Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Although there are lots of new and exciting things to see, it seems that a handful of projects may not be opening on time for the 50th Anniversary. USA Today recently speculated that certain upcoming attractions, like TRON Lightcycle Run and Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana will likely be delayed.
It also comes as no surprise that Disney World looks pretty different than we’re accustomed to at the moment. With social distancing markers, mandatory masks, and the absence of staples like fireworks and FastPass+, there have been many changes. All these changes may encourage guests to postpone their trips.
So, we asked our Instagram followers if they’d still be visiting Disney World this year, and here’s what they said! 67% responded “yes,” that they are still planning to visit this year, the other 33% responded “no,” that they won’t be visiting.
It appears that more than half of respondents shared that they’re still going to visit Disney World for its 50th Anniversary even with all the changes and attraction delays.
We’ll be on the lookout for information regarding upcoming projects and any special celebrations for the big anniversary, so be sure to check back with us! Follow along with us on Instagram for more interactive polls, trivia, and daily photos and videos from Disney World!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will YOU be visiting Disney World this year? Tell us in the comments!