Disney World is gearing up for its big 50th anniversary celebrations and there are a TON of new things to look forward to!
There is a new fireworks show and projections coming to Magic Kingdom, a new daytime show coming to Animal Kingdom, the debut of Harmonious in EPCOT, golden character statues will be going up around the parks, and we’re FINALLY getting the opening of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure! Disney recently announced that they will be offering extended evening theme park hours for select guests for the big anniversary, and we’re here to tell you which guests will get the new perk!
Before we begin, we want to those that this extended evening perk is different than Early Theme Park Entry. Early Theme Park Entry is a separate benefit for hotel guests. You can read more about Early Entry here!
In terms of the extended evening hours perk, Disney has said that select guests will be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks (that’s a lot of selectively!). This will start in early October, but we do not have an official start date yet.
Here is the official language from Disney, “guests staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks.”
So, what we DO know is that the extended evening hours will be available to guests staying at a Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotel. These include:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
However, Disney has also confirmed that the Swan and Dolphin Resorts are on the list of hotels to receive extended evening hours:
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
Guests need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the park that has the extended evening hours that day. You can also park hop to the park with the extended hours, as long as you have a ticket with park hopping abilities and you first enter into the park you made a reservation for that day (just like with regular park hopping right now).
Select attractions, merchandise, and food and beverage locations will be available during these extra hours, so you probably won’t get the full experience of the park as if it were open during regular hours. That’s just something to keep in mind.
You also need to have some form of identification that’s linked to your stay so Disney can make sure you are staying at one of the qualifying resorts (like your MagicBand, Disney MagicMobile pass, or Key to the World card).
Disney has not yet announced specific dates or times for these extended evening hours or what exactly will be open. We’ll be sure to let you know as soon as Disney releases this info, so stay tuned to DFB for more!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be at one of these resorts for the 50th anniversary? Let us know in the comments!