While we’ve been focusing on all the excitement that Fall brings for Disney Food Fans, we have another fun event to update you about — the 2015 Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic!
The two-night event, back by popular demand for the sixth year in a row, will once again take place over Halloween Weekend in 2015. Mark your calendars for Friday, October 30, and Saturday, October 31!
The Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic is made up of two components: Seminars and the Causeway. Seminars center around learning more about food and beverage in a fun, interactive way. For more details on this year’s Food and Wine Classic Seminars, be sure to check out our Food and Wine Classic Seminar Page.
But guests stay and play for the evening on the Causeway!
If you’re new to the Food and Wine Classic, the Causeway is a collection of food and beverage booths set up in the walkway that links the Swan and Dolphin Resorts. Every single restaurant from both the Swan and Dolphin — all nine! — participate, and bring tapas-sized eats to the party. Chef Robert Ciborowski, the executive chef of the Swan and Dolphin Resort, also prepares some dishes in Cib’s Smoke Shop.
In addition, there are tents representing beer and wine from all over the world, offering tasting portions.
In 2014, the Food and Wine Classic also introduced the Beer Garden, offering even more beer options, plus specially prepared dishes to pair with the pours.
There’s also live music playing during the evening.
Today, we’re excited to share with you what you can expect from the menus for this year’s Causeway!
Food and Wine Classic Causeway Menus
Once again, there’s a little something for everyone, so let’s take a look at returning favorites as well as what’s new on the 2015 Causeway!
The Beer Garden
The Beer Garden, located on Crescent Terrace, proved to be a popular addition to the Food and Wine Classic in 2014, so expect to see the return of this area this year. Admission to the Beer Garden does require an additional fee. So if you like what you see, be sure to add it to your Causeway Ticket!
This year, the menu includes three different selections:
- Brew Hub – Sonta Sausage, Braised Cabbage, Pretzel Bread, Assorted Mustards
- Soft Pretzels – Made to Order
- Weiner Schnitzel, Warm German Style Potato Salad
In addition to the dishes, guests will choose Craft Beer from several breweries:
- Bell’s Brewery
- Breckenridge Brewery
- Anchor Steam Beer
- Peak Organic
- Orlando Brewing Company
- Florida Beer Company
- Highland Brewing Company
Beef and More
Meat lovers will find plenty of Beef and Chicken prepared in different ways.
- Carved Prime NY Strip, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Sauce Bordelaise — Shula’s Friday and Saturday
- Southern Fried Chicken, Creamy Polenta, Pickled Turnips. BBQ “Gravy” — Cib’s Smoke Shop, Friday
- Smoked Wagyu Short Ribs, Parsnip Puree, Melba Toast, Pommery Mustard Sauce — Cib’s Smoke Shop, Saturday
- Thai Chicken Salad, Organic Greens, Green Papaya, Tamarind – Ginger Dressing — Fresh Mediterranean Market, Friday
- Buffalo Chicken Wings, Pickled Celery, Petite Carrots, Blue Cheese Fondue — by Cabana Bar and Beach Club, Friday and Saturday
- Taqueria-Corn Tortilla Babacoa of Beef or Braised Pork, Organic Vegetables, Cheddar Cheese, Lime Wedge, Lettuce, Onion, Shaved Radish, Pico de Gallo, Assorted Hot Sauces — Picabu, Friday and Saturday
Fish, Seafood, and Sushi
Prefer Seafood? You’ll find lots of options as several booths highlight Fish and Shellfish. Kimono’s will also once again feature a selection of Sushi.
- Shrimp Cocktail Steamroller — bluezoo, Friday
- Ginger Cured Hamachi, Nitro Lime, Romaine Leaves, Green Olives — bluezoo, Saturday
- King Crab, Savoy Cabbage, Shellfish Consomme, Pistachio Mousse — Cabana Bar and Beach Club, Friday
- Wild Shrimp, Young Bamboo, Crispy Yuba, Plum Sauce — Fresh Mediterranean Market, Saturday
- Soft Shell Crab Roll, White Bread, Old Bay Remoulade, Tomato Fondue — The Fountain, Saturday
- Blackened Salmon, Red Beets, Green Apple, “Sauce Troisgros” — Garden Grove, Friday
- Fish ‘n’ Chips: Beer Battered Sustainable Bass, Sarson’s Malt Vinegar Chips, Tartar Foam — Garden Grove, Saturday
- Jalapeno Roll – Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail, Jalapeno — Kimonos, Friday
- Dragon Roll – Crispy Shrimp, Tuna, Avocado, Japanese Mayonnaise — Kimonos, Saturday
Pasta and Vegetarian Selections
You’ll also find some interesting Pasta and Vegetarian options as well.
- Vegetable Gallette Slider, Pickled Vegetables, Homemade Ketchup, Caramelized Onion Relish — The Fountain, Friday
- Confit Osso Bucco Croquette, Romesco Sauce, Marcona Almond, Shishito Piperade — Il Mulino, Friday
- Mascarpone – Chestnut Ravioli, Italian Sausage, Celery Root, Bacon Jus — Il Mulino, Saturday
Pastries and Desserts
But be sure to save room — LOTS of room! — for dessert! There will be an assortment of hand crafted Pastries.
In addition, both nights will feature some interpretations on the classic Ice Cream Sundae!
- Friday: Éclair, caramelized banana cream and coconut streusel; Raspberry and dark chocolate fondant cake, raspberry mousse; Vanilla old rum baba
- S’more Sundae Action Station: dark chocolate ice cream, graham cracker streusel, salted caramel, vanilla marshmallow, vanilla whipped cream, caramelized hazelnut
- Saturday: Lime panacota, lime gelée, coconut lemongrass pineapple soup; Chocolate almond crunch cake; Eclair, coffee caramel pecan
- S’more Sundae Action Station: white chocolate vanilla ice cream, graham cracker streusel, raspberry compote, raspberry marshmallow, vanilla whipped cream, caramelized hazelnut
There will be no shortage of Wine, Beer, and Sake at the event. Wines will be available from the following areas:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Plus, a Base to Bubbles Tent Featuring Champagne!
Sample the following Beer and Sake:
- Funky Buddha Brewery
- Cigar City Brewing Company
- Oskar Blues Brewery
- Samuel Adams
- Ty Ku Black and Silver Sake
Whew!! That’s a LOT to choose from!
Tickets and More
Tickets for one night of the Causeway only are $98.85 per person. One night of the Causeway plus Beer Garden is $117.67.
A La Carte ticket booklets containing 25 tickets will be available for purchase at the event for $50. These tickets are perfect for those with a lighter appetite or for underage guests. Offerings range from two to six tickets per item.
To book Seminar tickets or purchase Causeway Tickets, visit the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic website.
To book a package, including hotel stay and tickets to Food and Wine Classic offerings, contact the Swan and Dolphin at 888-828-8850.
Read more about the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which takes place September 25 through November 16, 2015!
What are you most looking forward to at this year’s Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic? Let us know below in comments!