We’ve been busy spending our days at Disney World and trying to get you all the latest news on everything like the Disney Genie service, EPCOT Food and Wine Booths showing up early, new snacks, and more! And we’ve also been following all the restaurant reopenings and menu updates because that’s what we do!
So let’s get to what’s new on Disney World restaurant menus this week!
Tortuga Tavern at Magic Kingdom has officially reopened, and the menu has changed quite a bit since we were last there. In the past, we’ve picked up Ropa Vieja, Rum Cake, and Turkey Legs there. But now, things are a little different. The Turkey Leg with House-Made Chips is there, but you can also get a Barbecued Slaw Dog, a Barbecued Pork Sandwich, an All-Beef Hot Dog, and a Peanut Butter, Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread, and Banana Sandwich!
Keep in mind that Tortuga Tavern is usually only open seasonally, so we’ll keep an eye on the hours and let you know what its upcoming hours are!
There are a few changes over on the menu at Tony’s Town Square, too, including some new entrees. Here’s what’s changed:
- ADDED: Antipasto Item: Garlic-Parmesan Wings — Garlic-rubbed Chicken Wings finished with Parmesan and served with Celery and House Dipping Sauce for $14
- ADDED: Italian Trio — Three classic favorites on one dish! Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Spaghetti with Beef-Pork Meatball for $33
- ADDED: Ravioli — Mushroom Ravioli, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Cremini Mushrooms, Romano Cheese, Asparagus, and Truffle Cream Sauce for $23. Add Grilled Chicken Breast for $27. Add Grilled Shrimp for $30
- ADDED: Spaghetti and Impossible Meatballs — Spaghetti, Mushroom Garlic Basil Impossible™ Meatballs, and Tony’s Marinara Sauce (Plant-based) for $22
- ADDED: Today’s Sustainable Fish — Seasonal Accompaniments. Ask your server for today’s selection. (Market Price)
There have also been a few small changes at Cinderella’s Royal Table:
- Castle Salad has been replaced with Heirloom Tomato Salad — Mixed Heirloom Tomatoes, Roasted Pork Belly, Bleu Cheese Mousse, Candied Walnuts, and Balsamic Vinegar Gelée
- Tenderloin of Beef is now served with Whipped Potatoes, Maple-glazed Brussels Sprouts, Seasonal Vegetable, and Sauce Bordelaise
- Roasted All-Natural Chicken Breast is now served with Olive Tapenade, Sautéed Spinach, Smoked Paprika-Biscuits in a Tomato Broth
Cinderella’s Royal Table will also be opening for breakfast once again on August 27th. Reservations open on August 24th.
- ‘Ohana Dinner Skillet is now Wood-fire Grilled Teriyaki Beef, Spicy Peel-n-Eat Shrimp, Grilled Chicken with Polynesian-inspired Chimichurri Sauce, ‘Ohana Noodles, and Roasted Broccolini
- REMOVED: Island Shrimp Casserole
- REMOVED: Kielbasa
- Roasted Chicken is now Grilled Chicken
One of our favorite restaurants at Disney World, Boma, finally has a reopening date. And get this — rather than switching to family-style all-you-can-eat dining like so many other buffets at Disney World have done when reopening, Boma will be the first actual buffet to reopen at Disney World.
The breakfast buffet will feature Creamy Pap, Turkey Bobotie, Pancakes, Waffles, Deviled Eggs with Salmon, and Fresh Baked Goods. The dinner buffet will have Pork Ribs, African-spiced Strip Loin, Lamb Bobotie, and more. You can also expect a delicious rotating selection of soups, as well as salads like the Berbere Chickpea Salad.
Meanwhile, a ton of menu updates are coming to the newly-reopened Victoria Falls Lounge. Here’s what’s changing:
- Braai Burger and Seasoned Fries is now made with Vulcan Spice, Safari Amber Beer Cheese, Braised Beef Marmalade and price increased from $17 to $19
- REMOVED: Cheese and Charcuterie
- ADDED: Cape Town Slap Chips — Fried Potatoes, Roasted Pearl Onions, Heirloom Tomatoes, Arugula, Apricots, Sherry Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese for $13
The drinks menu, though, is where the majority of changes are happening here. Warning: price increases ahead!
- REMOVED: Barrel Aged Manhattan
- ADDED: Victoria Falls Mist — Midori Melon Liqueur, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, Banana Liqueur, and Sour Mix topped with Sprite for $14
- Smoked Turkey is now made with Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon, Grenadine and Odwalla Lemonade with a hint of Hickory Smoke with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries and price increased from $12 to $15
- Mt. Kilimarita increased from $12.50 to $14
- Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea increased from $12.75 to $15
- Moscow Mule increased from $11 to $14
- Magical Star Cocktails increased from $13.75 to $15
- Negroni increased from $12.50 to $15
- Godiva Chocolate Martini increased from $12.50 to $14
- Red Sangria and White Sangria increased from $10 to $11
- NEW: Whiskey Breeze — Jim Beam Black Extra-aged Bourbon, Cointreau, and fresh Lime Juice with Flavors of Guava and Mango for $14
- Paloma increased from $12.25 to $14
A few menu items have been replaced over at California Grill:
- Under Entrees, Green Circle Chicken was replaced with All-Natural Chicken — Buttermilk-fried Chicken, Tupelo Honey Glaze, Kimchi Fried Rice, Confit Egg Yolk, Cucamelon for $44
- Under Desserts, Chocolate-Espresso Crème Caramel was replaced with Valrhona Chocolate-Passion Fruit Brownie — Valrhona Chocolate Mousse, Passion Fruit, Lime Chantilly, Valrhona Lime Soil for $16
- Also under Desserts, White Peach and Bay Leaf Sorbet was replaced with Peach Bourbon Crème Brûlée — Bourbon-poached Peaches, Bourbon Peach Sorbet, Orange Tuile, Cherries for $15
We also got news that Steakhouse 71 is replacing The Wave…of American Flavors before the 50th Anniversary.
Check Out The Special Dining Experience California Grill Will Be Hosting For Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
Those are all the menu updates for this week, but we’ll be back soon with more, so stay tuned!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Did any of your favorite restaurants see menu changes this week? Yay or nay? Let us know in the comments!