You can find Thanksgiving feasts all around Disney World with smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, and more. OR you can skip the meal and head straight for the dessert! That’s what we did today in Disney World, and we weren’t sorry about it. [Read more…]
If you’re in Disney World right now for the holiday season, you might think that the parks have skipped Thanksgiving entirely and moved straight on to Christmas.
But if you look closely, you’ll still find some hints of Thanksgiving around! There are some cute treats for the holiday, a little bit of merchandise (OK, so we’ve seen like one pin. But it still counts!), and even full-blown feasts at a few restaurants. And we just spotted a new photo opportunity that’s also here to celebrate Thanksgiving! [Read more…]
Most of Disney World seems to have skipped Thanksgiving altogether and moved on to Christmas.
Although Christmas decorations are going up all over the place, you can still find some ways to celebrate Thanksgiving in the parks. One restaurant just announced TWO special meals, celebrating both Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
Disney World has been very busy decorating for the holidays recently.
We’ve seen decorations go up in a few of the parks, new holiday merchandise online and in the stores, and even some new holiday treats at the bakeries. But if you’re wondering what happened to Thanksgiving, never fear! There are still a couple of treats that remember it’s still fall! And we found one of them in Disney’s Animal Kingdom today.
Have you ever wondered how they celebrate Thanksgiving on PANDORA?
If so, we’ve got an answer for you! Satu’li Canteen, the Counter Service location in Animal Kingdom’s Pandora — The World of AVATAR, is one of the places where you can enjoy a Thanksgiving meal if you’re dining in Walt Disney World on Turkey Day! [Read more…]
Here’s our last Disney Food Round-Up before the USA Thanksgiving holiday, so I thought we’d start with a couple of Thanksgiving links; after that, we’ve got your regular weekly round-up links — great sites, all!
Thanksgiving Posts of the Week
First of all, be sure to visit the Disney Food Blog‘s extra special “Thanksgiving Disney Food Round-Up,” where I’ve gathered a bunch of links that pertain to Thanksgiving 2009 at Disney parks, including how to survive Thanksgiving week at Disneyland, the poll results for best Thanksgiving dinner restaurant in Disney World, and more.
Also, be sure to visit the Orlando Sentinel’s Daily Disney post about how Disney chefs lightened up Thanksgiving recipes.
Scroll down on this Disney Parks Blog post to read about awards received by Disneyland’s Napa Rose restaurant and Executive Chef, Andrew Sutton.
Speaking of Disneyland, the OC Register reports on a brand new bratwurst and baked potatoes counter service location, Troubadour Tavern, in Fantasyland.
The Disney Chick tempts us with another great recipe, this time for Sesame Chicken at Nine Dragons Restaurant.
Disney History has posted about an interesting vintage Australian Disney Cocoa Tin auction happening on ebay. I had no idea there were vintage Australian Disney Cocoa Tins.
Main Street Gazette is back from his vacation in Disney World and has reviewed Kouzzina for us! Opa!
Check out Touring Plans if you’re wondering about food for teens in Disney.
Scott Joseph Orlando reports that Victoria and Albert’s has earned the AAA 5-diamond award for its 10th consecutive year.
Stuff From the Park shares a couple of vintage 1960’s menus from Disneyland — Hills Brother’s Coffee House and Coffee Garden and Plaza Terrace.
Thanksgiving is one week from today, so for those of you who are thinking about heading to Disney for the big day (and saving yourself from some serious dish washing!), I’ve gathered a few Thanksgiving-y and Food-y posts and links for you!
Disney Thanksgiving News and Info Round-Up
1. Wondering where to have your Thanksgiving dinner at Disney? Head over to our Disney Food Blog post about the Best Restaurants for Thanksgiving in Disney World, where we post the winners of our reader poll on the topic.
2. Of course, many Disney restaurants offer special Thanksgiving meals for the holiday, and Disney Moms Panelist, Erin Foster, was kind enough to share the menus from her special holiday last year. This might give you an idea of what to expect in Disney restaurants for Thanksgiving dinner:
Specs include the Noodle Station serving American food for lunch and Asian cuisine for dinner, and the Diamond Horseshoe opening as counter service for lunch and table service for dinner. Visit DReport’s Soft Opening blog at the link above for more info.
4. Disney Parks Blog reminds us of an exciting Thanksgiving dinner event at Disneyland.
5. The Disney Blog shares specifics about Thanksgiving dinner at Orlando’s Downtown Disney. Plan for Thanksgiving at Fulton’s Crab House, Portobello, or Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe!
6. StudiosCentral.com has the latest on who’s serving special Thanksgiving menus at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. (I’ve heard great things about Thanksgiving at the Brown Derby, and I bet Thanksgiving dinner at “mom’s table” in 50’s Prime Time Cafe would be fun… .)
7. OC Register gives some great info on Where to Eat Thanksgiving Dinner in Disneyland.