Um…how cool are these Darth Vader s’mores?! I know I just posted about the Darth candy mold (and other super fun Star Wars and Marvel gift ideas) on Friday, but I couldn’t help showing it off again!
So, in Disney Food News this week we were pleasantly surprised to discover updates to Walt Disney World’s standard bar menu found at the watering holes and restaurants throughout the parks and resorts.
We’ve also got my personal review of the new Frozen Beer in Epcot’s Japan pavilion. But there’s more to Disney than drinks… check it out!
Disney Food News
Disney World has new adult beverages, plus seasonal treats!
- Make Darth Vader S’mores with these awesome Darth Vader helmet ice cube and candy molds! You can also make R2D2 s’mores!
- Shrunken Zombie Head Mugs now available at Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel!
- Disney World’s Polynesian Resort will introduce a new menu at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show for a limited time.
- Disney’s standard bar and lounge menu has been updated to include some fancy new drinks, and some classic concoctions as well!
- Frozen beer has debuted in Epcot’s Japan pavilion.
- Seasonal Funnel Cake Flavors are available Disney World’s Epcot in the American Adventure Pavilion!
We’ve got additional food news (including a souvenir stein at Sleepy Hollow, new name for Fresh A-Peel in Downtown Disney, new Le Cellier dessert item, new menu item at Sci-Fi, restaurant closure updates, and LOTS more) on our Disney Food News Pin Board!
DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2012 Review!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2012 is our comprehensive, 300-page e-book packed with Disney Dining tips for your next vacation. Wondering if the book will help with your upcoming trip? Check out our latest review!
We’d like to thank Richard Bernato at WDW Radio for the glowing review:
I bet that no one, in or out of Walt Disney World has researched and constructed such a study as her Guide to Walt Disney World Dining.
There is virtually no aspect about Disney Dining, planning for it, paying for it, and oh by the way enjoying it, that you will be unable to find in the guide. And having the book for its advice and information will certainly be a major contributor to you and your family’s very happy and satisfying vacation.
DFB Food Finds
If you find a fun new food in or from Disney, share a photo with us so we can add it to our DFB Reader Finds!
This week, our colleagues at Disney Hipsters shared this spooky pic of a skeleton brownie at The Mara in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge! I haven’t seen this one anywhere else!
Epcot Food and Wine Festival Updates
The 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival is still going strong, and we’re updating our coverage daily with World Showcase booth and special event reviews, new photos, and other Festival updates!
Here’s some of the latest…
- A review of the Tequila Pairing Lunch in Mexico’s La Hacienda de San Angel.
- Food pictures and reviews of the New Zealand and Italy marketplace booths.
Find all of the latest Epcot Food and Wine Festival News and Reviews here, and stay tuned for our take on several seminars and events around the festival.
On to the Round-Up
Daveland takes a look at vintage photos of coffee locations in Disneyland before there was Starbucks.
Disney History Institute visits backstage at the vintage Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland.
AKL Resort orders room service at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Main Street Gazette re-visits the 2012 Epcot Food & Wine Festival with an at-home recipe for Frozen Jim Beam Red Stag Lemonade.
Eating (and Drinking) Around the World visits the 2012 Food & Wine Classic at the WDW Swan and Dolphin.
Disney Parks Blog takes us on a behind the scenes look at the Haunted Mansion’s gingerbread house in Disneyland.