It is no secret that we all miss Disneyland and we wish we could celebrate their 65th anniversary with them!
Today, we’re diving into a D23 recipe for Tuna Burgers from Disneyland’s Captain Hook’s Galley! This restaurant closed at Disneyland back in 1982, but we are bringing these iconic burgers BACK!
Here’s how you make it!
- 1 (9 oz.) can tuna
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Sweet pickle slices, to taste
- 4 unsliced hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine tuna, onion, celery, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and ketchup in a small bowl; set aside.
- Slice bun horizontally into three equal slices. Spread bottom layer with mayonnaise-ketchup mixture, then top with sweet pickle slices. Make a double-decker with middle bun slice and tuna. Repeat for remaining sandwiches. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot!
This recipe is a GREAT way to relive some Disneyland history and tide us all over until the Disneyland Resort reopens!
Check out this recipe for the Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie from Flo’s V8 Cafe at Disney California Adventure!
Check out more Disneyland Food Reviews Here!!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making these tuna burgers? Let us know in the comments!