We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the news for you this week. Today we have the details on the latest in the Disney World theme parks and MORE!
See all of our coverage on Disney park reopenings HERE. We still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
- Disney posts a new stricter face mask policy. <— CHECK THIS OUT.
- Disneyland adopts new health and safety measures.
- Disneyland is offering free COVID-19 tests for Cast Members.
- Broadway announces an extension of its closure through May 2021.
- Disneyland has “pretty solid” reopening plans according to health officials.
- ‘Soul’ is coming to Disney+ in December.
- Disneyland is canceling reservations through October 24th.
- Disney issues statement rejecting idea that reopening Disneyland would be unsafe.
- California’s governor says there is ‘no hurry’ to reopen Disneyland. <— THE SAGA CONTINUES
- Could the new capacity guidelines in Florida change things at Disney World?
- We ate Haunted Mansion ice cream full of bugs.
- Disney’s earnings may not return to 2019 levels until 2024.
- California has no promise of a specific date for reopening guidelines.
- This is how Disney executives have been responding to the layoffs. <– INTERESTING READ
Disney World Reopening NEWS!
- 68% of our readers think this service will not return this year. <— WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Disney World park hours are available through December 26th.
- Suites can now be booked at Disney World hotels.
- This is a fashion faux pas you don’t want to make this Halloween season. <— DON’T DO THIS.
- Frozen Ever After is closing for a brief refurbishment next month.
All the News From the Disney Parks
- A huge barge has been installed for Harmonious at EPCOT. <– FIREWORKS!
- What’s new at the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- See what’s new at Disney Springs.
- Disney Springs surface parking reopens.
- Check out what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. See more here.
- A new Space Mountain movie is reportedly in the works.
- Find out more about the Nightmare Before Christmas charity concert.
- Disney’s Aulani Resort now has a mobile app.
- What’s new at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney.
- Disneyland Paris guests can modify reservations if affected by UK quarantine.
- Check out what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- See what’s new at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- There’s a crazy new patent with zombies on cruise ships.
- Check out this huge line for Splash Mountain.
- See the latest update for Disney World’s Annual Passholders.
- Check out this pumpkin patch scavenger hunt at Wilderness Lodge.
- Rose gold details are being added to the Magic Kingdom sign. <– SO PRETTY!
- What’s new at Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.
- Construction begins at Disney World’s scariest pool.
- Check out what’s new at EPCOT right now.
- We shared what’s new at Magic Kingdom. See more here.
- More health and safety notices are up at Disneyland.
- Royal Caribbean cancels cruises through November 30th.
- There was a big entry glitch at Disney World this week.
- The one thing you’ll need to do before getting on a cruise ship.
- Disney On Ice is returning with new health and safety measures.
- Winter Summerland miniature golf is reopening at Disney World.
- Check out our readers’ favorite Cast Member memories. <— FEEL GOOD!!
- Disney shares more details about the reopening of Aulani.
- We spotted Josh D’Amaro at Disney World this week.
- Could more work be starting soon on Harmonious at EPCOT?
- Should Disneyland be allowed to open in the moderate tier?
- We found a random character on ‘it’s a small world’ — read all about it! <– MYSTERY SOLVED!
- A permit has been filed for work on the PeopleMover.
- There’s a new discount for Disney Vacation Club members.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- Food and Wine weekends start soon at the Waldorf Astoria.
- We shared our review from the reopened Chefs de France.
- There’s a new Black Widow cocktail at Disney World.
- Blaze Pizza has new menu items in Disney Springs.
- We checked out a new summery drink trying to be a Halloween drink!
- The signs have been removed at Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney Springs.
- Check out this new chocolate sundae in Disney Springs.
- There’s a Brain Cupcake at Disney Springs. Yes, really. <— WOULD YOU EAT IT??
- These restaurants are reopening at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
- The Madame Leota sipper is back at Disney World.
- The Pepper Jack Pretzel is back at the Magic Kingdom. And, the Lunching Pad is open!
- Belgian Waffles are back at the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. <— WAFFLES ARE BACK!
- Raglan Road has updated its menu.
- Check out this creepy (or cool?) Happy Meal toy.
- Chefs de France has reopened in EPCOT.
- ABC Commissary has reopened in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Check out the new menu.
- Gideon’s Bakehouse has shared more details about its Disney Springs shop.
- Olivia’s Cafe is being added to the Table Service Mobile Order.
- There’s a new magic mirror Krispie treat in Disneyland.
- Taqueria at Tortilla Jo’s is reopening in Downtown Disney.
- You’ll now find Food and Wine Festival merchandise online.
- The Swan and Dolphin foodie events are now discounted.
- Check out this edible glitter cocktail at Disney World.
- This Halloween drink in Disney World is pretty basic.
- There’s a candy corn surprise in this Halloween cupcake.
- This Halloween treat looks scary but you should eat it.
- The Wave..of American Flavors has been added to the Table Service Mobile Order.
- Check out this update on the free water at Disney World.
- Menu favorites have returned to Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’.
- Kona Cafe has been added to the Table Service Mobile Order.
- Check out this secret menu item at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Yep. Star Wars olive oil is a thing and you can buy it at Disney World. <— MORE WEIRD FOOD.
- Check out this super cute Monster Cupcake.
- See what Halloween treat won our DFB bracket.
- Three new dishes are coming to Chef Mickey’s.
- Mickey and friends are returning to Chef Mickey’s. <– CHARACTER DINING EXPANDS
- Check out the prix fixe menu at Yak & Yeti.
- There’s a new Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin at Animal Kingdom.
- Check out this new pumpkin cheesecake brownie!
- Check out this new Star Wars Corkcicles.
- The Disney World parasols got a spooky makeover.
- Check out these new Star Wars charms from Pandora.
- You can design your own T-shirts at Uniqlo in Disney Springs.
- Here are the priciest Disney items you’ll find on Amazon.
- Check out these fun retro pullovers.
- Disney launches the Marvel Mania collection online.
- The Lady Tremaine collection is coming to MerchPass soon.
- These new MagicBands seem a bit late to the party.
- Check out these new Disney plush toys coming soon.
- How to get early access to the Haunted Mansion Main Attraction collection.
- The Baby Yoda headband has arrived in Downtown Disney.
- Check out this new Oogie Boogie purse!
- Voices of Liberty has released a new album.
- Check out the pin sale at Disney World.
- We spotted Haunted Mansion boxers (and other underpants) in Disney World.
- Check out this cool Disney Princess dollhouse.
- You can get BOGO Minnie Ears at Disney World right now.
- A Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke shopping event is coming to Downtown Disney.
- The Maleficent doll is now on MerchPass.
- Disney is releasing a Black Widow collectible key soon.
- We spotted a new Mickey face mask at Disney World.
- These new Haunted Mansion pins glow in the dark.
- The Backlot Premiere Shop is open in Disneyland.
- Check out this new villainous bag from Danielle Nicole.
- These are the hottest Disney toys for this holiday season.
- There are 15 new Disney holiday items online. <– GET READY TO SHOP
- Disneyland’s 65th anniversary merchandise is available at Target.
- Check out this color-changing Tower of Terror mug.
- There’s a new animal print collection from Dooney & Bourke.
- Disney release a lot of new face masks including Mickey, holiday, and Disney snacks.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- 11 Times Disney World Gave In to Your Demands
- The Best and Worst Disney World Changes This Year
- Is Disney World Getting Too Crowded?
- The Latest Disney Parks News
The Disney Park Reopening — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the reopenings and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
New DFB Video — Is Disney World Too Crowded?
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: Is Disney World Too Crowded? — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this cute Mickey Friendsgiving T-shirt.
WDW for Grownups reviewed a refreshing drink at Terralina Crafted Italian.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for warm chocolate cake.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa.