It’s time for some hot dogs — both a classic and one with a twist — at Disneyland’s Refreshment Corner!
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We checked out the Halloween Time eats at Award Weiners!
- Frontera Cocnia is celebrating Mexico’s Día de la Independencia.
- New Kudu Cookie Sandwiches at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodg!
- Earl of Sandwich reopens for a limited time at Disneyland!
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is cashless — what does that mean?
- New pizza on the menu at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons.
- Check out the newest “cocktails” at Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room testing vegan fishless fish and chips.
- We spotted a Disney Skyliner gondola IN one of the stations!
- Are Oreo Bon Bons back at the clam bake at Cape May Cafe?
- We’re talking about all the Halloween Time eats at Disney California Adventure’s Cozy Cone.
- Check out the pumpkin spice paradise we found at Flo’s V-8 Cafe.
- New morning tea experience at Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room!
- We have details on the new Tailgate Tasting at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
- We checked out all the Halloween Time treats at Schmoozies in Disney California Adventure.
- Reuben Spring Rolls have arrived in the Magic Kingdom!
- Check out the change in the pizza dough at Disney Resorts.
- There’s a new menu item at Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom.
- We tried the new Candied Bacon and Chicken Skewers in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the Halloween Hot Dog at the Refreshment Corner in Disneyland!
- We reviewed the Haunted Firehouse Chicken Sandwich at Halloween Time.
- Breakfast options announced for Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land.
- Check out the hidden gems at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
- We have details on the price changes and expansions for the Minnie Vans.
- We reviewed California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- We spotted new Halloween Time eats at the Grand Californian Hotel.
- Check out the Anti-Vampire Pizza at Halloween Time!
- You’ve got to see the Churro Cereal Bites Sundae at Disneyland’s Hungry Bear Restaurant!
- Check out the menu changes at Light Lab at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- We have details on new eats, merchandise, and more at Hollywood Studios.
- We reviewed the Halloween Time eats at Pacific Wharf Cafe.
- Will you choose the Chosen One dessert at Saratoga Springs?
- New passholder discount available at two Disney Springs locations.
- We loved the Bacon Mac and Cheese French Fries in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out the September Burger of the Month at The Edison.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery in Disneyland is home to some great Halloween Time eats!
- We checked out everything NEW at the Magic Kingdom this week.
- We spotted Pumpkin Spice Churro Balls in Disney Springs.
- We were live at Halloween Time at Disneyland!
- New DFB YouTube videos: 10 Disney Snacks Ranked!, 11 Reasons Why Your Next Disney Trip Will be Awesome, Disney World Food Tour – Everything to Eat at the Value Resorts, and Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Best to Worst: Epcot Table Service Restaurants Ranked!
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you fantastic moms, mothers-in-law, grandmas, and moms-to-be out there!
We love that Disney is featuring some yummy “just-for-mom” cookies and rice krispie treats in their candy shops this month! Have a wonderfully sweet day!
And let’s start that day with a little Disney food news…that’s always sweet!
Disney Food News
Read on for this week’s news from your favorite Disney destinations…
- Disney World Free Dining is available in September 2013 for all guests! Check out the details for booking here. FREE dining is being offered for September 2 to September 25 arrivals in 2013!
- The next DFB Snack Attack IllumiNations Dessert Party is on October 2nd, 2013. Get your tickets starting May 13th at 6pm here on DFB!
- We have news of a brand new hot dog available at Disneyland’s Refreshment Corner!
- New menus are debuting all over Disney World! Check out a few of our recent finds…
- Raglan Road in Disney World’s Downtown Disney is featuring a new wine list!
And there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including Celebration Cakes at Epcot, a fall refurbishment for Cinderella’s Royal Table, and new menus at ESPN Club, Kona Cafe, and Beaches & Cream.
This week, we get a glimpse of some fun birthday celebrations such as this one sent in by Facebook Friend Alynne. She says “This was my son’s 4th birthday cake I ordered in advance at the Enchanted Garden Restaurant at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. It was super yummy!”
Another friend from Facebook, Hal, sent this delicious treat from their son’s birthday. It’s “a build your own sundae birthday celebration at Le Cellier”!
Be sure to check out lots more Disney birthday goodies in our Disney Birthday Treats Gallery!
Deal of the Week! Pre-Order A 2013 Disney Dining Guide and get the 2012 Edition for FREE!
When you pre-order your copies of the DFB Guide to the 2013 Walt Disney World Holidays and/or the DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival for an exclusive discounted rate, you’ll be able to instantly download the 2012 Guides and start your planning — TODAY.
Pre-Order — DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World® Holidays 2013
The Holiday season in Disney World is packed with magic: Holiday meals and snacks, special events, and seasonal shows, for starters! How will you see all the attractions, save money, AND take in the extra festivities in your already jam-packed vacation?
Pre-Order — DFB Guide to the 2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
46 days of special events, 29 food and beverage tasting booths, and celebrity chefs to meet? How do you fit it all in without breaking the budget? Make sure you make the most of your time and money at Disney World’s Food & Wine Festival!
On to the Round-Up!
Walt Disney World for Grown Ups sips on rum drinks at Walt Disney World! What’s your favorite rum drink at Disney?
Cake Wrecks shares photos of an awesome Millennium Falcon cake!
Daveland highlights one of my favorite past Disney restaurants — Casa de Fritos — for Cinco de Mayo.
Yesterland remembers Bountiful Valley Farm in Disney California Adventure.
Disney Travel Babble highlights new celebration cakes available at select Epcot restaurants.
Main Street Gazette stops by the Landscape of Flavors food court at the Art of Animation resort.
Disney Parks Blog announces a Celebration of Greece at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, including wine education and tasting seminars on May 25.
When you’re in Disneyland and in serious need of a hot dog, we have just the place for you — the Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner!
This spot will remind East Coasters of Casey’s Corner with its decor and location. With a nod to early twentieth century vintage, this spot anchors Main Street U.S.A. with lots of charm as well as good eats.
And today, we’re bringing you news and pictures of a brand new menu item here. Let’s take a look!
Refreshment Corner occupies a corner of Main Street U.S.A., just before you get to Jolly Holiday Bakery and Cafe. It’s compact to be sure, and seating is all outdoors, but there’s plenty of fun decor to check out!
This spot is best known for [Read more…]
According to the DisneyParks Blog, Disneyland is serving up fun, a midnight snack, and special eats for the One More Disney Day event!
Disneyland Park is gearing up for One More Disney Day with the announcement of the “Midnight Snack” at Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue.
Stop in 11:45 p.m. – 12:45 a.m. on February 29 (to March 1st) for yummy treats, hot beverages, Disney character meet ‘n greets, live music by Denny Moynahan, and other surprises.
No need to RSVP. Guests will be admitted from 11:45 p.m. until capacity is reached. This event is extremely limited to approximately 200 guests. You’ll need park admission, and lining up for the event can be no earlier than 10 p.m.
Other Special Menu Items
A belated Happy Halloween to everyone! I hope you all had some wonderful treats (and very few tricks!).
Welcome to November and the first Disney Food Post Round-Up of the month — there’s already a LOT happening… . And remember, this week is your last chance to experience the incredible Epcot International Food and Wine Festival! Click that link for information, highlights, and photos and menus from the World Showcase international marketplace kiosks!
On with the Round-Up!
Disney Parks Blog highlights an invitation to Thanksgiving Dinner at Disneyland in the Disneyland Hotel. Sounds delicious!
Scott Joseph Orlando has an exclusive — the recipe from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie. This recipe was featured in the Cork, Ireland, marketplace kiosk.
Meet The World in Progressland shares a truly wonderful post revealing some incredible Halloween Disney details in Tokyo Disneyland’s popcorn carts.
Main Street Gazette showcases the Animal Kingdom’s Royal Anadapur Tea Company — one of my favorite places to have breakfast in the World.
5 Kingdoms compares the different “Casey’s Corners” throughout the Magic Kingdoms. Take time to read it and not just look at the pictures 😉
The Disney Chick is back with another wonderful Disney recipe, complete with photos of each separate recipe step. This time, try out the Shrimp With Tomato Feta Compote from Citricos in the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
Daveland presents us with some great indoor and outdoor photos of Disneyland’s Aunt Jemima’s Kitchen –> River Belle Terrace.
Theme Park Insider reviews Disneyland’s Cafe Orleans. (You really owe it to yourself to look at these photos today. Trust me.)
Mouseplanet reminds us what’s great about San Angel Inn in Epcot’s World Showcase. (Stay tuned to the Disney Food Blog this week to see even more great reasons to enjoy San Angel Inn!)
Touring Plans reminds us to stop by the ESPN Club on Disney World’s Boardwalk.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s Disney food posts! If you spot a great food post this week that you think belongs on the round-up, be sure to let me know — just click on “contact me” at the top of the page!
Thanks for reading!