We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the news for you this week. Today we have the details on the latest in the Disney theme parks and MORE!
See all of our coverage on Disney park reopenings HERE. We still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
- Disney announces a new ticket offer for 2021. <— BIG NEWS
- FDA approves the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Rise of the Resistance boarding groups changing again. <— ONE MORE TIME.
- 5 price increases that could happen soon.
- Here’s the biggest news you missed this week.
- The creepy clown slide is gone! Check out the replacement.
- Boba Fett is getting his own show on Disney+.
- Orange County California could remain under a stay-at-home order for another month.
- Details and dates announced for the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival. <— FESTIVAL NEWS
- Park hoppper hours posted on the Disney World website.
- California reported the highest single-day case count for any state.
- The Walt Disney World entrance sign makeover is complete.
- Is Chef Mickey’s worth the price increase right now?
- First doses of COVID-19 vaccine shipped to California and Florida.
Disney World Reopening NEWS!
- Remember that free MagicBands are being discontinued for hotel guests. <— REMINDER!
- Park hours are extended for the first week of January.
- Park hours have been released through March 2021.
- Here are the park hours and Park Pass availability for this week.
- These are the Disney World attractions closed this week.
- Slinky Dog Dash is seating riders in every row. So is Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
- The Electrical Water Pageant is returning to Disney World.
- Frontier Airlines is resuming flights to Orlando.
- The future of the Disney College Program is uncertain.
- We reviewed Chef Mickey’s and the return of the characters.
- Reopening dates announced for Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and All-Star Movies.
- Registration is now open for the virtual Star Wars Rival Run Weekend.
All the News From the Disney Parks
- What’s new right now at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
- Check out what’s new at Disney Springs.
- Take a look at the makeover at ‘it’s a small world.’
- Work could start happening soon on Spaceship Earth.
- See what’s new at the Skyliner Resorts.
- The EPCOT entrance fountain is almost done.
- Check out the gargoyle at Gideon’s Bakehouse.
- Spike the Bee Scavenger Hunt returns to the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival.
- Here’s the weather for Disney World for next week.
- The train station scrim gets an update at the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out what’s new in EPCOT this week.
- Check out the fireworks testing in the Magic Kingdom.
- Take a look at the work happening in Disney Springs.
- Check out this LEGO model of Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- Check out the character caravan RV at Disney World.
- Here’s what’s new at Magic Kingdom.
- What’s new at the Grand Floridian and Polynesian?
- Check out these fun decorations at Fort Wilderness.
- What’s new at Downtown Disney?
- Check out what’s new at BoardWalk Inn and the Yacht & Beach Club.
- Take a look at the new building on Kilimanjaro Safaris.
- Check out the permit for a hologram on top of the Monorail.
- Check out what’s new in Disney Springs.
- The sign for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure was lit up.
- This is the biggest news from Disney’s Investor Day.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- A Disney World restaurant is going weekends-only at at Animal Kingdom.
- We have details on another menu change at Disney World.
- Celebrate the New Year with new wine and chocolate packages.
- We reviewed the updated gingerbread waffle in EPCOT.
- Another dining location reopens at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve at House of Blues.
- We reviewed pizza and cheese potato chips.
- Check out this chocolate Santa display at the Swan and Dolphin. <— HOLIDAY FUN!
- We reviewed a boozy Spiced Snow drink at Disney World.
- The Mara is reopening for a limited time at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Find out how many Outdoor Kitchens are coming to the Flower and Garden Festival.
- Is Tomorrowland Terrace the best fast food in Magic Kingdom? <— BASICALLY, YEAH.
- More breakfast options coming to the Magic Kingdom.
- A new entree has been added to the menu at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
- Celebrate Brew Year’s Eve at City Works in Disney Springs.
- There’s a new Tiki Mug and drink in Disney World.
- Check out the new teas in Disney Springs.
- We reviewed a new holiday cookie in Animal Kingdom.
- Check out the Christmas specials in Disney Springs.
- We reviewed the new pizza buns at YeSake.
- We checked out the old fashioned at La Cava.
- Check out the holiday dessert makeover at Rainforest Cafe.
- What is happening with this Spaceship Earth cookie? <— SO WEIRD.
- Check out the menu for Gideon’s Bakehouse.
- Check out our review of Pinocchio Village Haus.
- We checked out the new Moana Cupcake.
- All the places to enjoy a Christmas meal at Disney World.
- What Disney World snacks did our readers save?
- We reviewed another Santa Mickey cupcake.
- A popular drink has returned to Oga’s Cantina.
- The Swan and Dolphin is hosting special food and wine events in early 2021.
- There’s a new collection of Alice in Wonderland merchandise.
- Disney teases the new 2021 monthly merchandise. <– WE CAN’T WAIT
- Fit2Run opens a new location in Disney Springs.
- Check out these new Star Wars charms from Pandora.
- Check out the new Disney x Coach collection.
- Here is all the merchandise you missed this week.
- New BaubleBar designer ears have arrived in Disney World and online.
- There’s a new Darth Vader face mask at Disney World. See more new masks!
- Check out the new Cloud City spirit jersey.
- The final Main Attraction collection arrives in Disney World.
- Check out the new Disney dog Minnie Ears.
- We spotted new Disney baby gear online.
- Check out these Ratatouille makeup bags.
- Take a look at the new 2021 merchandise.
- Check out these new Baby Yoda tees.
- Check out this new Jabba the Hutt sipper in Galaxy’s Edge.
More NEWS and FUN Stuff
- Check out these 4 Disney Christmas DIYs.
- Non-Disney things that are totally Disney right now.
- 26 tips that every Disney pro knows.
- Here is everything announced for Disney+.
- Will park hopping still be worth the price in 2021?
- Check out the new Marvel hotel coming to Disneyland Paris.
- The Disneyland Paris castle is getting a refurbishment.
- Who is winning the price wars between Disney+ and Netflix?
- Disney World splurges that aren’t worth it.
- Disney+ will reach $4 billion in revenue by 2022.
- The Lizzie McGuire reboot is not happening.
- Disney Cruise Line removes March 2021 sailings.
- Could Bob Iger become an ambassador?
- What’s coming to Disney+ in January.
- Check out these free DFB wallpapers for your devices.
- New retailers announced for Flamingo Crossings.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World Discounts
- The Worst Disney World Hotels for 2021
- Die-Hard Disney World Tips That Are Total Lies Right Now
- The Latest Disney Parks News
The Disney Park Reopening — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the reopenings and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
New DFB Video — The Worst Disney World Hotels for 2021
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: The Worst Disney World Hotels for 2021 — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Pre-order the 2021 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to pre-order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2021 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can pre-order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2021!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared the best Disney tree toppers.
WDW for Grownups shared 5 cocktails to enjoy this holiday season.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for POG Juice.
Disney Family shared a recipe for a Tree of Life Pie.