Another week has gone by and (of course) more BIG news about Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, and more has been shared!
Avengers Campus has opened at Disneyland Resort, we’ve got pricing info for Disney’s new Halloween event, and more! Today we’re breaking down all the biggest Disney news stories for you here. Ready to get caught up on all the new Disney things you need to know about? Alright, then let’s get started!
Disney’s After Hours BOO BASH Halloween Event News
This year, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled, but Disney’s After Hours BOO BASH event will bring some Halloween fun to Magic Kingdom.
During the event, there will be special cavalcades available, as well as character appearances, access to some of Magic Kingdom’s rides, free popcorn, ice cream novelties, and select beverages, free candy, select additional food items available for purchase, and spooky decorations.
This week we got some important BOO Bash updates. First up, tickets for BOO Bash will become available on June 15th to the general public, but guests at select Disney World resort hotels will get early access starting on June 8th.
This week we also got information about just how much a ticket to BOO Bash will cost (warning: it ain’t cheap!!!). Just how much do the tickets cost and how do they compare to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party? Check out our full post for our breakdown!
This week we also got some more info about the characters and cavalcades that will be available during the party, some of the food you’ll get to enjoy there, and even some details about NEW Halloween decorations that will be coming to Magic Kingdom this year! You can click on each of our links above to learn more.
This week, a Disney World hotel reopened and we also got a big update on a restaurant that will be reopening soon.
The Disney Vacation Club rooms at this resort were previously available, but now the hotel’s standard rooms have reopened too.
Looking for another character dining option in Disney World? Well, soon you’ll be able to dine with Donald Duck and some of his friends when Tusker House Restaurant in Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopens!
We had previously heard that this restaurant would be reopening this summer, but this week we got an official reopening date for Tusker House (June 20th). Reservations are now available for this spot, so be sure to book your spot early before things fill up!
When Tusker House reopens, it will be serving its meals family-style (as opposed to the buffet-style service it used to have available). You can check out the full menus, prices, and photos of some of the food that will be available by clicking here!
Disney Cruise Line News
Disney Cruise Line and all cruise ships must meet some specific regulations in order to sail again from the United States. One of the requirements is the successful completion of test cruises unless the cruise line only agrees to sail with 98% of the crew and 95% of the passengers fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Now, it looks like Disney is taking steps to meet those test cruise requirements so it can get passengers on its ships again soon!
Recently, Disney Cruise Line received approval from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct a test cruise and announced when its test cruise would be taking place! The test cruise will take place on June 29th from Port Canaveral with volunteer passengers onboard! We will definitely be keeping a close eye for any news about that test cruise and we’ll be sure to share it all with you.
Dreaming of being able to sail one day on Disney’s newest ship — the Disney Wish? Well, you could actually win a FREE trip on this ship with the new Disney Cruise Line sweepstakes!!
Every month for the next several months you’ll be able to enter for your chance to win in this special sweepstakes. Between the Star Wars lounge, amazing kids clubs, Marvel dining experience, and more, there are a LOT of new things to experience on the Disney Wish and it could all be yours for FREE!
Magical Express Replacement News
Earlier this year, Disney World announced that the Magical Express service will be discontinued in January of 2022. We’ve shared a look at the best ways to get from the airport to your Disney World hotel once the Magical Express is gone. One new option for airport-to-hotel transportation that will be available soon is Mears Connect.
Mears is the company that currently operates the Magical Express for Disney. Some time ago, Mears announced that they will be offering a new service, Mears Connect, starting in 2022. This service will essentially replace the Magical Express as Mears notes it will provide transportation connecting the airport and Disney Resort area with the same “reliable, safe, express service” guests are used to.
Originally, reservations for Mears Connect were set to become available in May of 2021. The Mears Connect website, however, now says that reservations will be available “soon” and that guests will be able to make them during the summer of 2021. So it seems like there has been a slight delay there.
We’re still looking for more info on Mears Connect, including pricing information, and we’ll be sure to share all of that once we learn more!
Grab your shields, get ready to wield Mjölnir, and prepare yourself to fight off super villains — Avengers Campus is officially opening TODAY (June 4th) in Disney California Adventure Park!
We’ll be reporting on ALL the heroic news during its opening day and eventually sharing FULL reviews of some of the new treats and more, so be sure to stay tuned for that! But, recently we also got a sneak peek at the land and got to share a TON of details, easter eggs, and more with you from that. Below are ALL the links so you can check out what this new land has to offer:
Basically, if you love the Avengers, or are just curious to see what Disney has cooked up in this new land, we’re bringing it ALL to you! Stay tuned for more Avengers Campus news!
But wait…(say it with us) there’s MORE! Other news stories were also shared this week that you should know about. Check out the list below and click on the links to read more:
- Face Masks are no longer required for some guests indoors in Universal Orlando and their updated safety language suggests a potential change in their distancing policies
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom got a new park map
- A new Disney Princess merchandise line is available on Target’s website
- A new drink has arrived at La Cava del Tequila in EPCOT
- We shared an updated look at Disney World’s dining card perk. Never heard of it? Check out our full story to learn all about this special option
- The Cannoli Shake has returned to Vivoli il Gelato in Disney Springs
- LOTS of new colorful snacks have arrived in Disney World to celebrate Pride Month including: a rainbow cake from Gideon’s Bakehouse, a key lime pie cocktail, a special Dole whip cocktail flight, a rainbow donut, a rainbow crepe, a beer flight, a rainbow dome cake, and ANOTHER rainbow cake — this time in EPCOT!!
- The Jungle Cruise retheming in Disney World continues as another scene is removed and a different building structure is removed
- We shared a peek at the new roof coming to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls are BACK in Magic Kingdom
- We got a look at the rest of the movies that will inspire the upcoming Stitch Crashes Disney collections
- Joffrey’s Coffee has added a mobile order option in Disney World
- Club Level rooms and lounges will become available again soon at select Disney World Resort hotels
- Adventures by Disney announced 7 NEW experiences you could enjoy in 2022
- Want to save BIG on your Disney World hotel room this summer? Check out the offers available for the Disney Springs Resort Area hotels!
- EPCOT’s Chefs de France restaurant got some price increases!
- Storytellers Cafe reopened at Disneyland Resort, get a first look here!
- The Chile Mango Dole Whip has returned to Disneyland Park
Planning a trip to Disney World and trying to pick what restaurants to eat at? Check out our video below to see 10 restaurants you should SKIP in Disney World!
Masks are no longer required for vaccinated moviegoers at AMC and other theaters — click here to find out more!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be visiting Disney World or Disneyland soon? Tell us in the comments!