Recently, we visited Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to see what fun things we could find there. Join us on a trip to the most magical place on earth and into the wilderness to see what’s new at these spots!
It’s the first day of October and we have the results from Round 1 of a particularly spooky new bracket!
There are LOTS of great Halloween Treats in Disney World, but we want to know which one is the best of the best — with your help of course! Over on our Instagram, we’re staging the DFB Halloween Treats Bracket and the results from Round 1 are IN!
Love it or hate it, candy corn is pretty much one of the most iconic Halloween treats. And here at DFB, we just happen to be a fan of all things candy corn.
We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the news for you this week. Today we have the details on the latest in the Disney World theme parks and MORE!
See all of our coverage on Disney park reopenings HERE. We still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
We still fondly look back on the days we would hide our Halloween candy so we could savor it long after trick-or-treating. But, nowadays we’d rather just indulge on all the spooky snacks and sips that have been popping up in Disney World instead! 😉
Although pumpkin spice and even poison apples have practically been the poster children for Halloween treats in the parks, there’s something just so nostalgic about candy corn this time of the year. And Disney’s been serving up looks with Candy Corn Witch Ears and mixing up candy corn treats in the parks and resorts for guests of all ages to enjoy!
And still others are ALL ABOUT the CANDY… especially that autumn classic, Candy Corn! Though we’re not munching on any candy corn today (…yet 😉 ), we ARE bringing you a Disney confection that’s inspired by it: the Minnie Candy Corn Cupcake! [Read more…]
Recently, we sampled the Trattoria al Forno breakfast menu — it’s being served at Flying Fish Cafe ahead of the restaurant’s opening in December.
With two new restaurants headed to Disney Springs at Downtown Disney, we can’t wait to share all of the details as they emerge. See what we know so far about The Boathouse and Morimoto!!
Plus, click below for all the details on this week’s Disney Food News…
Disney Food News
- Enjoy a sneak peek at Trattoria al Forno breakfast at Disney’s BoardWalk!
- Two new restaurants — The Boathouse and Morimoto — are coming to Disney Springs at Downtown Disney, Orlando.
- Find out What’s New around Walt Disney World — treats, and more!
- Check out the incredible pumpkin carvings at the Disneyland Resort!
- The UK Pavilion is now selling Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room merchandise!
- Disney California Adventure is celebrating the season with Pumpkin muffins and Caramel Apple Smoothies.
- A Candy Corn Cupcake is now on the menu at The Mara at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
Our Facebook Friend, Margaret, shared a French style cheesecake served at Sonya’s and Green Cabin Room at Disney’s Vero Beach resort.
Next up: Grilled Mahi from Wolfgang Puck Cafe, courtesy of Facebook Friend Akemi.
Do you have a Favorite Find? Please, share with us!
DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining On Sale!
Want a huge discount on our DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining? You’ve got it! For one day only, get $5 off the full price of the guide using code MICKEY!
The fully updated DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 450 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subjects — food and dining in Walt Disney World.
It’s guaranteed to help you navigate your way to delicious dining on your next trip! And if you’re ready to get yours now, head on over to DFBGuide.com to pick it up!!
What’s In The Guide?
As thousands of repeat customers already know, the Guide includes:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
Here’s Just Some Of What You Get With Our 2014 Guide:
- Over 450 Pages of Disney Dining and Planning information, tips, reviews, and recommendations!
- An in-depth Disney Dining Restaurant Reviews section, covering all Disney restaurants, food kiosks, bars, and lounges
- An updated Disney Dining Plan section and price analysis [Read more…]
Boo to You
! It’s Halloween Week, and the Disney seasonal treats just keep coming!
Today, we’re showing you a fun Fall find from The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I love me some candy corn, but when you combine candy corn and Cupcakes? Even better!
Candy Corn Cupcake
So, Disney World has some hidden gems that keep churning out awesome eats that you’d never expect. Places like Sleepy Hollow and Friar’s Nook in the Magic Kingdom, and Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation Resort tend to be little hot-beds of creativity when it comes to snacks and must-eat treats. The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge also fits into this category, featuring some seriously great baked goods on a regular basis (like the Chocolate Raspberry Mickey Tart).
And so I give you the Candy Corn Cupcake — with Oreo Mickey Ears, even!!
Mounded high with thick Buttercream Frosting in Candy Corn’s traditional tri-color pattern, the cupcake is trimmed out with orange-tinted White Chocolate Curls for even more visual impact.
This is all piled on top of dark Chocolate Cake. But when you cut into the cupcake, you’ll find a little surprise hidden inside.
Now, to be honest, I’m not completely sure what this is. There is definitely chopped up [Read more…]
Ready for Fall?
It may be 100 degrees where you are (it certainly still is here!), but we’ll soon be picking out our costumes for another fun Halloween experience at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (yep — the first night of this yearly event was Sept. 1st)!
And with fun character interactions, the Boo-to-You Parade (complete with Headless Horseman), the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular, and lots of trick or treating, there’s never a dull moment!
But save a little room for some extra special treats. Because throughout Magic Kingdom, you’ll want to take advantage of snacks and goodies that are exclusive to the party!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Snacks and Treats
Cupcakes, Ice Cream, or Spooky Sips?
Whichever you prefer, you’re sure to find something to tempt you at the party this year!
And as is often the case, we’re gonna start with the Cupcake Lineup! This Candy Corn Cupcake is awesome, and we can’t wait to dive in.
But if you like your cupcake a little more, say, undead, there’s a Mummy version, too! Check out those eery eyes!
Find both — and it gives me great joy to write this — at the Main Street Bakery!
In New Fantasyland, stop by Gaston’s Tavern for this spirited Ghost Cupcake. The cute little Fondant Ghost is suspended on a top of fluffy Marshmallow Frosting dusted with Chocolate Crumbs.
The Spiced Pumpkin Waffle Sundae combines freshly-baked waffles with soft-serve ice cream. And they smell incredible! This is definitely one we’ll be enjoying again this year.