We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the latest news for you this week. Today we have all the details on what’s happening that affects the Disney Parks.
Due to the current global situation, ALL Disney Parks will be closed until further notice. See all of our coverage HERE. But we still have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
All the News From the Disney Parks
- All the Disney news you missed this week when you were making bread.
- Get your printable bracket for DFB’s Disney World Table Service Restaurant Throw Down. <— MORE DFB FUN!
- Take a look at an empty Disney World.
- The Walt Disney Company’s value has rebounded past Netflix. See when Netflix was tops.
- Check out these new games on the Play Disney Parks app.
- Watch what happened when ABC News recreated the newest Disney parade.
- We asked our grandmas to describe Disney rides — see what they said.
- 13 Disney World hotel rooms that are actually worth the money.
- Julie Andrews launches a new podcast and a new video series!
- A new superhero movie is coming to Disney+ this summer.
- Check out everything coming to Disney+ in May.
- Take a look at this musical video from Reedy Creek Fire Department.
- Remember when Disney had the worst timing ever?
- Send the kiddos to bed with a “goodnight” from Mickey and friends.
- Find out when ‘Artemis Fowl’ is coming to Disney+.
- Check out our 10 favorite weird secrets about Disney World hotels.
- Here are 5 important ways to change how to plan for your Disney vacation.
- Disneyland has canceled the 2020 Grad Nites.
- Could Disney World be a good location for the NBA to finish its season?
- Take a virtual ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Check out the latest information on Annual Passholder refunds and extensions.
- Take a look at the medals for runDisney’s Virtual Series.
- 7 things you need to know if you’re visiting Disney World in September. <— PLANNING TIPS
- Work is continuing on the high speed train near Disney World.
- These 6 mistakes are costing you big money at Disney World.
- Is Disney World hiring right now? See what we found out.
- Check out this sale on digital downloads of Disney movies.
- runDisney’s Virtual Series is now open!
- Bob Chapek has been elected to The Walt Disney Company’s Board of Directors.
- New registration date announced for the 2021 Walt Disney World Marathon.
- Orlando Police Department shares a virtual thank you to Disney World for snacks donation.
- Florida’s Surgeon General warns that distancing measures should continue.
- Disney Magic cancellations extended into June.
- Two Disneyland special events postponed until 2021.
- Check out the new Disney shorts on the My Disney Experience app.
- Disney+ to debut ‘The Mandalorian’ documentary series on May 4.
- 7 big changes you might have missed in Disney World.
- Check out the trailer for Disney+’s new ‘Prop Culture.’
- Make your own Disney scratch-and-sniff stickers at home.
- Check out the latest behind-the-scenes from Disney Imagineers.
- 4 tools that will simplify your Disney vacation planning.
- Check out the biggest time wasters at Disney World.
- What can we expect for Disney World’s 50th anniversary now?
- Disney racks up $5 billion line of credit.
- Release dates for ‘Raya and The Last Dragon’ and ‘Soul’ are pushed back.
- Why we’d like to see a Marvel-themed hotel at Disneyland.
- Seven things every bored Disney fan should be doing.
- Take a virtual tour of Disneyland Paris!
- See what is still happening at Disney World.
- How Disney has been working to protects its financial future.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- Check out this episode of the WDW Prep School podcast! <— LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST!
- DFB was featured in this article from elite daily! <— CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE
- Check out these recipes for epic Disney sundaes!
- Learn how to make Chef Art Smith’s Chicken and Dumplings at home.
- Here’s the recipe for Disneyland’s Churro Toffee! <— MAKE THIS NOW!
- Check out this cocktail recipe from Disney Legend Bob Gurr.
- Make the original Writer’s Stop Carrot Cake Cookies at home! <— CARROT CAKE COOKIES!
- How to stress bake in the most Disney way possible.
- 15 huge Disney snacks that are totally worth wearing your stretchy pants.
- Secrets and tips for getting the most out of Mobile Order.
- Find out what Counter Service restaurant was the winner in our throw down!
- Jaleo team from Disney Springs delivers food to people in need.
- Check out these Disney puzzles that are perfect for passing time.
- The Disney subscription boxes will be unavailable soon.
- April’s Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction has been released.
- New Epcot attraction-themed ear hat ornaments have arrived.
- Check out the new Star Wars merchandise from Her Universe.
- Take a peek at this new Inside Out romper.
- New Star Wars droid Minnie ears are here!
- We’re loving this new Disney snacks merchandise.
- Check out this cute Disney drinkware.
- 5 bizarre things you used to be able to buy in Disneyland. <— WEIRD STUFF ALERT!
- Build-A-Bear ‘The Child” now available!
- Check out this sale on Disney tees at Uniqlo.
- Here are 6 pieces of Disney history you can buy right now.
- These iMessage stickers are FREE right now in the app store! <— FREE STUFF ALERT!
- Check out this new line of merchandise featuring Black Widow.
- Take a look at the redesigned Baby Yoda backpack.
- Check out this new Mickey jewelry collection.
- There’s a new collection of Disney Alex and Ani bracelets.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- Big Disney World Changes That Will Blindside You
- Ranking Every Magic Kingdom Restaurant By Dessert
- 8 Ridiculous Decisions People Make at Disney World
- The Latest Disney News
The Disney Park Closures — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the closures and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- What is open and what is closed at Disney World.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
- 5 critical points in the new Federal guidelines that could affect Disney World and Disneyland.
- Disney Chairman Bob Iger tells NBA owners “it’s about the data not the dates.”
- Disney World’s president issues statement about furloughs and theme parks.
- What will be the first signs that Disney World is reopening? <— IMPORTANT READ
- Disney has joined Orlando’s reopening task force.
- Bob Iger joins California’s business reopening task force.
- Florida’s governor reopens some beaches and parks.
- Disneyland’s president shared her thoughts on furloughs and the theme parks.
- Will Disney World and Disneyland reopen at the same time?
- Los Angeles mayor says large gatherings might not resume this year. California’s governor has similar thoughts.
- Analysts warn Florida’s budget might be hard hit due to health crisis.
- Disney World performers latest group of cast members to be furloughed.
- Furloughed Disney World employees could be automatically added to Florida’s unemployment system.
- Disney’s furloughed workers are staging at-home protests.
- Shanghai Disneyland adds new health screening protocols.
- We asked our readers if they’d be OK with temperature checks at the parks. <— SEE THE ANSWERS
New DFB Video — Big Disney World Changes That Will Blindside You
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: Big Disney World Changes That Will Blindside You — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this fun Pixar Popcorn Popper!
WDW for Grownups shared a review of the cookie dough at B.B. Wolf’s.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe from Frontera Cocina.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Monsters, Inc. guacamole.