We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the latest news for you this week. Today we have all the details on what’s happening that affects the Disney Parks.
Due to the current global situation, ALL Disney Parks will be closed until further notice. See all of our coverage HERE. But we still have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
All the News From the Disney Parks
- Disney has started cancelling vacations through mid-May. <— IMPORTANT READ
- Disney World’s president appointed to the Re-Open Florida Task Force.
- The Florida Task Force examined the gradual reopening of Disney World.
- Four key points from the recent Re-Open Florida Task Force meetings.
- Florida governor says Disney is “ahead of the curve” when it comes to reopening. <— IMPORTANT READ
- We asked our readers when they think Disney World will reopen — here’s what they said.
- Disney World’s options for health screenings.
- Florida Task Force discusses a four-step plan to rebuild the state’s tourism industry.
- Shanghai Disneyland is testing simulated health and social distancing protocols.
- Check out this live-stream with Imagineer Bob Gurr that’s coming soon!
- Get these free Disney fireworks backgrounds from the Disney Parks.
- We’re talking about some secret Disney World projects!
- Guests want to be in Disney World, so why hasn’t Disney done this?
- Marvel changes the release dates for several major films!
- Disney has updated its policy for Disney Vacation Club members.
- Restaurant reopening details discussed by the Re-Open Florida Task Force.
- TripAdvisor lists Disney World hotels as closed until July 30 — see what we found out.
- Adventures by Disney extends its cancellation credit offer through July.
- This overlooked problem could affect your next Disney World vacation.
- Get details on the My First Disney Character Challenge.
- Disney’s credit rating has been downgraded.
- Check out this cute Star Wars-inspired art project.
- Learn to build a pollinator garden from a Disney bug expert.
- Take a virtual ride on the Incredicoaster from Disney California Adventure.
- Six big questions Disney still hasn’t answered.
- Check out the new trailer for ‘The Mandalorian’ docuseries coming to Disney+.
- Disneyland’s president shares photos from inside the closed park.
- Remembering Disney icons and community members we have lost recently.
- Check out this Twitter thread that everyone has an opinion about.
- 10 Disney+ documentaries to show the kids when you’re tired of homeschooling.
- Check out the sunrise from Disney World.
- Why you’ll never see these Disney movies on Disney+.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom celebrated its 22nd anniversary this week.
- Six huge opportunities that Disney World missed.
- Season 3 of ‘The Mandalorian’ is in the works.
- You can earn virtual Wilderness Explorer Badges on My Disney Experience.
- Check out the real Lucy the Elephant in New Jersey.
- The Disney Family Singalong is now streaming on Disney+.
- See what you need to know about planning a trip to Disney World in October.
- Check out these 52 fun Disney World upgrades for under $50.
- What you’re not thinking about when you’re choosing your FastPasses.
- Check out this free online curriculum from the cast of ‘The Lion King’ on Broadway.
- Disney stocks decline again after cast members are furloughed.
- Adventures by Disney announces new destinations for 2021.
- How much is Disney saving by furloughing employees?
- Find out when ‘The Princess Bride’ is coming to Disney+.
- Check out what these 5 Disney Instagrammers are doing.
- 6 big Disney updates we’re still waiting to hear.
- Check out this 5 new Disney World upgrades.
- Don’t forget this if you’re doing to Disney World this summer.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- Check out this Citrus Cocktail inspired by Orange Bird.
- We want to see more of these 7 epic food trends at Disney World.
- Why you should skip these 5 restaurants on your next Disney World vacation.
- Check out what restaurants have advanced in our Disney World Table Service Throw Down.
- Here’s a recipe for making Mickey Beignets at home. <— BEIGNETS!!
- We reviewed lunch at the Paddock Grill at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort.
- You’ve gotta check out this authentic recipe for Ronto Wraps from Galaxy’s Edge.
- Here’s a promo code to get 20% off Joffrey’s Coffee.
- These are the Disney recipes you REALLY want.
- Have you conquered these snack challenges at Disney World?
- Make Disneyland’s Monte Cristo at home with this recipe.
- Check out this recipe for a decadent French toast from PCH Grill.
- These are the eats we want to see at this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- How to create your own Adventure Book inspired by Up!
- Check out these candy-inspired Dapper Day outfits.
- Get this new collectible Star Wars key on Star Wars Day.
- Check out this new T-shirt from Her Universe.
- HARVEYS is now selling face masks! <— STYLISH FACE MASKS!
- Check out this must-have Alice in Wonderland dress.
- There’s a new Minnie Mouse Dooney & Bourke collection!
- We spotted some fun Disney-inspired paint colors.
- Check out these adorable ‘A Bug’s Life’ Loungefly bags.
- New Mickey ears from Joe Rohde were released this week…and promptly sold out.
- A new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge book is available for pre-order.
- See how to make your own Disney Shrinky Dinks at home.
- Get a free copy of the ‘Fairest of All’ ebook.
- See how to throw an epic Disney-themed birthday party at home.
- Check out these new Disney T-shirts made from plastic water bottles.
- New pastel tie dye spirit jerseys now available online.
- Get what you need to create a DIY tropical tiki hideaway.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- Are You Choosing the Right Disney World Restaurants? Here’s What You’re NOT Thinking About.
- How to Get More Disney World For Less Money!
- 7 New Tricks Only Disney World PROS Know!
- The Latest Disney News
The Disney Park Closures — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the closures and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- What is open and what is closed at Disney World.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
- 5 critical points in the new Federal guidelines that could affect Disney World and Disneyland.
- AMC Theaters to remain closed until studios release movies.
- Furloughed Universal employees to be auto-enrolled in state unemployment system.
- Reopenings for hotels, salons, and more discussed at the Florida Task Force meeting.
- New airport protocols and cruise line protocols discussed at recent Florida Task Force meetings.
- The Re-Open Florida Task Force talks about how to reopen restaurants in Florida.
- Orlando theme park reopenings discussed by the Florida Task Force.
- Adventures by Disney cancels most departures through the end of June.
- Analysts make long-term predictions for the future of the Disney Parks. <— READ THIS
New DFB Video — Are You Choosing the Right Disney World Restaurants? Here’s What You’re NOT Thinking About.
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: Are You Choosing the Right Disney World Restaurants? Here’s What You’re NOT Thinking About. — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this these fun Ink & Paint Plates!
WDW for Grownups shared a review of Pizza Ponte in Disney Springs.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Cafe con Leche.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Forky Bark.
Orlando Sentinel is looking at What’s Next For Disney Parks!