Wow — is it just us or did May just fly by? And it’s officially summer at Disney World — how did that even happen?
Of course, we’re ready for it (save for maybe the Florida heat and humidity), and we’re looking forward to all the great summer foods we’ll be eating over the next few months. May saw some pretty interesting snacks, though, including a secret menu Watermelon Dole Whipception snack, A Donut Burger, and Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls! And we also saw some menu updates at Disney World restaurants, so we’re going to get to those right now!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
There are 4 hot dogs on the menu — the California BLTA Dog ($11.49), the Pretzel Dog ($11.49), the Truffle Bacon Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog ($11.49), or the All-Beef Quarter-pounder Hot Dog ($9.49)! Also new to the menu is the plant-based Chicago-style “Hot Dog” Salad.
The Tres Leches Verrine is no longer on the dessert menu. Instead, you can get two other desserts. The first is the Strawberry Shortcake Verrine made of Vanilla Cake with Fresh Strawberries, Whipped Cream, Strawberry Crisp Pearls, and Dehydrated Strawberries for $5.99. The other dessert is the Snacking Sandwich Cookie which is made of Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallow sandwiched between Pretzel and Potato Chip Shortbread Cookies covered in Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt for $4.99.
Both of the sides on the menu are new, too! There are Parmesan Chips for $4.49 and Pickled Vegetables for $3.99. New beers are also now available, including 3 Daughters Beach Blonde Ale ($10), Bold City Duke’s Cold Nose Brown Ale ($10), Kona Big Wave Golden Ale ($10), Tampa Bay Reef Donkey APA ($10), and Bud Light Lager ($8), all served as 20 ounces.
AND there are new cocktails — the Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon Lemonade (which we’ve seen in EPCOT) with Jim Bean Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon mixed with Minute Maid Lemonade for $13, and the Spiked Punch which features Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum is back on the menu for $11.
The Hollywood Brown Derby had a slight menu change! There are some brand new entrees now available:
- Halibut Veronique — Served with White Asparagus, Grapes, and Ver Jus for $42
- Wild Mushroom Risotto — with Exotic Mushrooms, Herbs, and Chive-Coconut Nage for $29
The menu now offers new sides, too: Lobster Thermidor-Macaroni and Cheese, Grilled Asparagus, and Crispy Potato Cakes! The desserts are mostly the same but there’s now a “Decadent” Flourless Chocolate Mocha Cake instead of the previous peppermint option.
Pretzel Palooza has reopened over by the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Here, you can get pretzels, including a Cheddar-Jalapeño Pretzel that we’ve seriously missed!
This is one of our FAVORITE pretzels, so we were VERY happy to be reunited with it! You can grab one now for $7.25.
One of our favorite appetizers at Sci-Fi Dine-In is back — welcome back, Crispy Onion Rings. And they’re served with a Horseradish Dipping Sauce for $10.
The Burgers on the menu had a few changes:
- Drive-in BBQ Burger increased from $21 to $21.50
- Classic American Burger description has changed to Our Signature Blend of Beef with House-made Burger Sauce, American Cheese, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Shredded Lettuce, and Marinated Heirloom Tomato served on a Brioche Bun
There’s a brand new popcorn available at The Market. It’s Sweet and Savory Popcorn, which is a blend of Caramel and Cheese Popcorn. And yes, we LOVED it.
You can grab some now for $7.50.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Isle of Java has a few updates:
- Baby Tuk Tuk Mousse has officially been added to the menu
- REMOVED: Double Chocolate Butterscotch Banana Muffins (these were also once available at Harambe Market).
- RETURNING: Raspberry Streusel Muffin for $3.99
There’s a NEW entree at La Cantina de San Angel: Tacos de Pescado. This is made with Fried Cod on homemade Corn Tortillas, Chipotle Aioli, Cabbage, and Mango Habanero Relish. Served with Rice and Fried Plantains with Queso Fresco for $14.50. Yum!
Here are the other changes here:
- You can add now add Guacamole to Nachos for $2
- NEW Side: Fried Plantains for $4.99
- Churros increased from $4.50 to $5.89
A famous Disney cocktail is now available at Coral Reef Restaurant. It’s the Blue “Glow-Tini,“ and it’s made with Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Bols Blue Curaçao, and Pineapple Juice with a Sugared Rim and a souvenir Glow Cube.
You can grab this glowing cocktail now for $15.
One of our favorite snacks has returned — oh happy day! It’s the Roulé aux Fromage — formerly known as the Roule Lard et Fromage at Les Halles. It looks a little different, and we noticed it had significantly less bacon on it than before. WHA?
However, after seeing our review, Disney made a few changes, and a newer version of the snack appeared with MORE bacon.
WIN! So, Disney, don’t forget — more bacon is always better.
The Plaza Restaurant got a menu overhaul! Three new appetizers are now available: Seared Crab Cakes, Chili, and a BLT Salad. And there are some new entrees, too:
- NEW: Chili-Impossible Burger
- REMOVED: Bangers and Mash
- NEW: Fried Chicken Sandwich
- NEW: Plaza Turkey Club
- NEW: Roast Beef Au Jus
The menu here has been pretty limited, so we’re happy to see some new additions!
A few things are now missing from the Beach Club Marketplace menu: Freshly Made Mickey-shaped Crisped Rice Treat, Tiramisu, Mickey Chocolate Mousse Dome, Frozen Strawberry Bar, and Cutwater Rum and Ginger.
Everything else on the menu remains the same!
It’s Parrot Bay coconut rum blended with cream of coconut and pineapple juice, layered with pineapple Dole Whip and blue curaçao. And it is SUPER refreshing!
Territory Lounge has an updated “Small Bites” menu with the following:
- Seasonal Bisque for $12
- Handcrafted Charcuterie for $22
- House-made Potato Chips — with Chimichurri Ranch Dip (a plant-based option is available upon request) for $6
- Granny Smith Apple Pie à la Mode for $9
Did someone say apple pie?
We saw a lot of updates to the Breakfast Menu at Ale & Compass, but the best means that you can have the Vermont Cheddar Burger, Ale & Compass Salad, and Kids Grilled Chicken for breakfast! Here are the other updates:
- REMOVED: Eggs Benedict
- NEW: Shrimp and White Cheddar Grits — with Poached Egg, Chorizo, and Charred Tomato Stew for $16
- NEW: Blackened Sustainable Fish Tacos — with Chilled Cucumber Slaw, Avocado, Chipotle Rémoulade, and Flour Tortillas for $17
- NEW: Crab Cake Benedict — Poached Eggs, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, and Arugula with Lemon–Herb Hollandaise for $18
- NEW: Smoked Salmon and Toasted Bagel Sandwich — Herbed Cream Cheese, Pickled Red Onions, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, and Avocado with House-made Chips for $16
- Returning: Maine Lobster Roll — on a House-made New England-style Roll with House-made Chips for $20
The Breakfast Sides have a few new items, too:
- Steel Cut Oatmeal is now Chilled Overnight Oats — with Marinated Fresh Fruit for $7
- NEW: Truffle Fries with Roasted Shallot Mayonnaise for $6
There’s a new ice cream shop in town over on Disney’s Boardwalk where Ample Hills Creamery used to be. And although the online menu is a little limited, when we visited, we noticed quite a few selections available there.
You can never have too many ice cream shops at Disney World!
Please don’t take these away from us ever again, Splitsville!
There are a few updates to the menu over at Frontera Cocina for Lunch. Here’s what changed:
- Returning: Crispy Chipotle Calamari — Caramelized Lime Aioli, Chile de Arbol Salsa, Cotija Cheese for $16
- Crispy Beef Tacos increased from $25 to $26
- Carne Asada Tacos increased from $24 to $25
- Carne Asada increased from $38 to $42.50
The Beverages part of the menu saw some updates, too:
- Play with Fire Margarita increased from $16 to $17
- Topolo increased from $15 to $17
- NEW: Elote Old Fashioned — Abasolo Ancestral Corn Whiskey, Nixta Elote Liqueur, and Orange Bitters served in a smoked bottle (serves two) for $40
- NEW: 5 Sentidos Bicuixe — Served with Grasshoppers and an Orange Wedge in a traditional “Veladora” for $25
- Premium Tequila Flight increased from $33 to $40
- Mezcal Flight decrease from $21 to $20
- REMOVED: Cruz de Caballo
Marketplace Snacks at Disney Springs has brought back the Watermelon Dole Whip trend. But get this — not only has the summer treat returned, but you can now get it IN AN ACTUAL WATERMELON.
You won’t find this on the actual menu, though — it’s part of the secret menu (you just have to ask for it).
And you can get a Dole Whip Watermelon Parfait as well.
Those are all the updates for May, but we’ll keep tracking the changes and letting you know what’s up! Until then, stay tuned.
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Were any of your favorite Disney World restaurants affected by menu changes in May? Let us know in the comments!