Wine Bar George in Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs is only about seven months old, but already this spot has gained national exposure and lots of love from guests. Just last week we told you that the restaurant has been nominated as one of the best new restaurants in the country. And now Wine Bar George has introduced its Outstanding by the Ounce Food Menu!
Wine Bar George opened its doors in Disney Springs in May 2018. And the restaurant has now been nominated by USA TODAY as one of the “10Best” new restaurants in the country!
The following is taken from USA TODAY’s 10best.com: “We asked a panel of food and travel experts to nominate their 20 favorite new restaurants to open in the past year, ranging from chef-driven fast casual concepts to high end dining with a focus on hyper-local and sustainable ingredients. Vote for your favorite once per day until voting ends on Monday, January 7 at noon ET. The 10 winning restaurants will be announced on Friday, January 18.” [Read more…]
If you’re planning a trip to Disney World in the near future, be sure to include a coat on your packing list. The cooler temperatures have indeed arrived to Central Florida, and with some days topping out in the 60s (and even dipping into the 40s some nights), you may also be tempted to warm up here and there with a toasty beverage. And Disney Springs has some new ways you can do that!
For instance, you can now grab Mulled Wine at Wine Bar George.
And through December 31st (while supplies last) you can enjoy a complimentary mulled wine with the purchase of a $30 Corkcicle.
Hey Guys! We’re back with another DFB Video today, and we’re getting down to the serious business of checking out 11 reasons why your next Disney trip will be AWESOME!
In today’s video we’re checking out awesome new eats, fun experiences, and other things that might be a bit under the radar that will make your next Disney vacation amazing! All of the items would be super fun additions to your trip itinerary, including the DFB Cupcake Crawl!
Check out our 11 reasons why your next trip will be awesome in today’s video! [Read more…]
Happy weekend! Here’s all the Disney food news this week!
Pixar Fest is ending Monday at Disneyland Resort! Click here to get a checklist for ALL the food at Pixar Fest and see our review!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- Check out the BEST eats and sips at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! And we were LIVE at the Festival on opening day!
- We reviewed the Candy Sushi class at the 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- The Great Irish Hooley is happening this weekend at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Disney Springs!
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe reopened in Epcot’s Norway Pavilion!
- Check out the latest news about Mickey’s Backyard BBQ.
- We have updates on the construction projects at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Find out the latest locations with Mobile Order in Disneyland.
- Snow White Storybook Dining is coming to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- Oga’s Cantina is announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge — and it means alcohol is coming to Disneyland!
- Check out the new merch, menus, and more at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- We’re talking about rainy day fun at the Magic Kingdom.
- We have an update on the menu at Pandora’s Pongu Pongu!
- Check out where you’ll find the Poison Apple Stein at Disney World!
- You won’t believe this limited-time Mac and Cheese Pizza at the Magic Kingdom!
- We have the latest updates about the Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland!
- The 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck celebrated its opening with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
- We have a preview of the 2018 Yuletide Fantasy Tour!
- Check out the 2018 Food and Wine Festival Dooney & Bourke handbag.
- We have preview of the new booths at this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- The Taste of Downtown Disney is returning to Disneyland this month!
- Check out the new Orange Bird and Dole Whip purses and backpacks!
- We reviewed Wine Bar George in Disney Springs.
- We spotted the light-up Popcorn Cauldron at Disney World!
- Celebrate Mickey’s 90th with a special blend from Joffrey’s Coffee.
- New DFB YouTube videos: 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival: BEST OF THE FEST, 20 Disney World Changes You Need to Know About, 8 Disneyland Eats You’ll Never Miss Again, and 9 Things Disney Pros Never Do and Neither Should You.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: 20 Disney World Changes You Need to Know About
Just when you think no more game changers could possibly find a space in Disney Springs…
Wine Bar George
…along comes something like Wine Bar George.
We first explored Wine Bar George when it opened just this past May. It is located in The Landing of Disney Springs, which is home to other standouts from newer favorites like Morimoto Asia to places we’ve adored for a long time, like Raglan Road. (And that just scratches the surface.)
Wine Bar George is the only wine bar in the Sunshine State owned by a Master Sommelier, George Miliotes. His history with the Disney company notably includes being part of the opening team at the Contemporary Resort’s California Grill.
And right upon entering the wine bar, you’ll find an atmosphere and vibe unlike any other in Disney Springs…
…or, in fact, all of Disney World.
Simply put, Wine Bar George is lovely. [Read more…]
Join Wine Bar George and Master Sommelier George Miliotes for champagne to celebrate the start of the Festival on August 30th. Guests will enjoy samples of six different sparkling wines. Krug, Dom Pérignon and étoile will be included within the six samplings, along with cheese and charcuterie. [Read more…]