We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the latest news for you this week. Today we have all the details on what’s happening that affects the Disney Parks.
Due to the current global situation, Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris theme parks will be closed until further notice. Shanghai Disneyland reopened in mid-May and Disney World is REOPENING on July 11th! See all of our coverage HERE. And Disney Springs has REOPENED! Now — we still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
All the News From the Disney Parks
- Disney World has an OFFICIAL reopening date! <— HUGE DISNEY WORLD NEWS!
- EVERY detail Disney World has shared about its reopening! <—EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- Character dining has been temporarily canceled at Disney World upon reopening.
- Disney World cancels ALL Dining Plans and current dining reservations. <— DISNEY DINING NEWS!
- Disney World cancels all FastPasses and suspends FastPass+.
- Guests with rescheduled trips to get 35% discount off rooms instead of free dining plan.
- THIS is everything Disney World is refunding right now.
- ALL your questions answered about everything Disney World is canceling.
- 5 things you need to know if you’re planning to go to Disney World the day it reopens.
- Disney World hotel reopening dates and details announced.
- Disney World to use a new reservation system when the theme parks reopen.
- Fireworks, parades, and character meet and greets suspended when Disney World reopens. <—BIG NEWS!
- FastPass+ has been removed from My Disney Experience.
- Disney World is suspending extra magic hours at reopening.
- Disney World shares details about the new reservation system. <— BIG NEWS!
- Three Disney World changes that went under the radar this week.
- Disney World is offering an Annual Passholder reopening preview.
- We shared what’s new right now in Disney Springs. See more of what’s new here.
- Disney Springs was using a virtual queue this weekend!
- We shared some new details about the Star Wars Hotel.
- World of Disney reopened at Disney Springs with a crazy wait time.
- The NBA is voting this week about resuming the season at Disney World.
- Check out the new website for Annual Passholders with info on the reservation system.
- Who counts as a “Disney World Resort Guest” for the reopening?
- We shared an update on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for this fall.
- Disney cast members made thank you cards for frontline workers.
- Select Universal Orlando hotels are reopening June 2nd.
- Universal Orlando passholders can register for a preview.
- Golf Disneyland is reopening at Disneyland Paris.
- Will Disney World arcades be affected by the new policies?
- Disney World Annual Passholders are receiving emails about the latest updates.
- We took a look at potential solutions for new transportation problems at Disney World.
- Disney World has updated its policy for guests wearing face masks.
- Reopened theme parks will look “drastically different” says Orange County mayor.
- Disney World has retracted the July 11th hotel reopening statement.
- Guests will not be required to wear face masks while swimming at Disney World.
- Disney’s CEO discussed the reopening of the theme parks.
- Legoland California is the first theme park in that state to propose a reopening date.
- What you need to know if you’re headed to Disney World in March.
- The Walt Disney Company names a new treasurer.
- Revised park hours announced for Walt Disney World reopening.
- Dining reservations are currently unavailable at Disney World.
- Disney Vacation Club announces more updates and extensions.
- Check out the release date for ‘Society of Second-Born Royals’ on Disney+.
- Face coverings will be required at Disney Vacation Club resorts.
- This was a virtual queue you probably weren’t expecting at Disney Springs.
- Big changes are announced for transportation and water parks when Disney World reopens.
- Check out the new Disney World signage you’ll see when the parks reopen.
- Relaxation zones might be a reality when the Disney World parks reopen.
- Disney’s CEO explains why Disney World is opening after Universal. See more comments from Bob Chapek here.
- Find out who was patrolling Disney Springs this week.
- Disney World’s proposed reopening plan is approved by the Orange County mayor. Read more about the proposal here.
- Tokyo Disneyland might have some strange safety protocols when it reopens.
- Social Distancing Squads will be at the Disney World theme parks when they reopen.
- Ticket sales and hotel reservations on pause for initial reopening of Disney World.
- SeaWorld announced a proposed reopening date of June 11th.
- We asked our readers what it would take for them to feel safe visiting Disney World again.
- We were live at the reopening of World of Disney in Disney Springs.
- What happens if you refuse to wear a mask in Disney World?
- Check out what Epcot update just hit the Disney World website.
- California officials say Disneyland could reopen in less than a month.
- Adventures By Disney extends 100% cancellation policy through August.
- Disney is polling guests about the new health and safety measures.
- Check out these fun Disney cast members traditions.
- Our Disney movies throw down bracket is ON!
- Take a look at every Disney castle transformation in history.
- We’re answering the most important questions we’re getting about Disney World.
- These Disney rides were game changers for theme parks around the world.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- Sprinkles in Disney Springs is giving away free gift cards!
- We reviewed Terralina Crafted Italian in Disney Springs. Read more about its reopening here.
- Check out this drink discount in Disney Springs.
- Refillable popcorn buckets are BACK in Disney Springs.
- You can make ‘Up’-inspired S’mores at home!
- We shared a new review of Sprinkles cupcakes!
- There’s a NEW Gold Rush Sundae at Ghirardelli! <— NEW SUNDAE ALERT!
- Check out our tip for making dining reservations at select Disney Springs restaurants.
- Find out how you can win some really cool Haunted Mansion cookies for a good cause!
- Disney World has added more payment options for Mobile Order.
- Raglan Road has announced a reopening date.
- We shared a new review of T-Rex in Disney Springs.
- Cookes of Dublin has announced a reopening date.
- The Disney Springs bar carts have reopened.
- See where you’ll find an all-day $5 happy hour in Disney Springs.
- House of Blues is reopening soon with new safety protocols.
- B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co. has reopened in Disney Springs.
- 5 super expensive Disney snacks that are totally worth it.
- Paradiso 37 has new operating hours.
- We shared our latest review of D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs.
- This Disney Springs restaurant has a discount for cast members.
- Mobile Order has changed at Disney World counter service restaurants.
- The Daily Poutine has reopened with new safety protocols.
- Inspectors deem Disney World ready to reopen in mid-July.
- We might have an answer to one of our Epcot Food and Wine Festival questions.
- Disney World will offer guests contactless menus when it reopens.
- Iconic Disney World snacks are back at Disney Springs. <— SNACK NEWS!
- Find out where you can get a Dole Whip in Disney World right now.
- We shared a review of Pizza Ponte and a slice of pizza as big as your head.
- These are the 8 biggest Disney World menu changes that happened this week.
- You can now make the Kitchen Sink Sundae at home!
- We shared a review of some quick bites from Morimoto Street Food in Disney Springs.
- We spotted the sequin Minnie Mouse Loungefly in Disney Springs.
- Check out the super-limited pins coming from Loungefly.
- The Under Armour store in Disney Springs was at capacity this weekend.
- Stance has reopened in Disney Springs.
- We spotted some fun Disney Princess journals. And check out these storybook journals.
- Check out the retro hats we found in Disney Springs.
- The NEW Corkcicles are sold out at Wine Bar George.
- The Baby Yoda plush is back in Disney Springs! <— HE’S BACK!
- Disney Springs is offering an exclusive discount for Florida residents.
- Check out this brand new Maleficent dress available online.
- Take a peek at the new Pleasure Island hat we spotted.
- Sephora has reopened in Disney Springs and has a discount for frontline workers.
- Check out this new Minnie Mouse collection we spotted in Disney Springs.
- We found some cute Disney lunch containers.
- The Spice & Tea Exchange has reopened in Disney Springs.
- Find out what’s different at the LEGO Store in Disney Springs.
- See what the World of Disney looked like this week.
- Check out the cute new Pandora charms we found.
- Disney Stores will be reopening soon with new safety protocols.
- This limited edition collection sold out FAST in Disney Springs.
- The M&M’s Store is still opening this year in Disney Springs.
- Check out this fun Star Wars kitchen gadget!
- You need these 20 Disney accessories for under $20.
- Check out these fun Star Wars gifts for dad.
- Love Your Melon releases new Baby Yoda items.
- A new Disney Dooney & Bourke collection is coming soon!
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- 8 Bizarre Questions You’ll Ask in Disney World
- 9 Tips the Experts Use Every Day in Disney World
- Why Did Disney World Do THIS?!
- The Latest Disney Parks News
The Disney Park Closures — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the closures and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- What is open and what is closed at Disney World.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
- 5 critical points in the new Federal guidelines that could affect Disney World and Disneyland.
New DFB Video — Why Did Disney World Do THIS?!
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: Why Did Disney World Do THIS?! — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this super cute Mickey Mouse Popcorn Popper.
WDW for Grownups shared a review of the beignets at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Island Style Grilled Cheese.
Disney Family shared a recipe for S’mores Cupcakes.