We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the latest news for you this week. Today we have all the details on what’s happening that affects the Disney Parks.
Due to the current global situation, Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris theme parks will be closed until further notice. Shanghai Disneyland reopened in mid-May and Disney World is REOPENING on July 11th! See all of our coverage HERE. And Disney Springs has REOPENED! Now — we still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
All the News From the Disney Parks
- How your Disney World hotel experience will be different this summer! <— HUGE REOPENING NEWS
- You aren’t visiting a Disney World hotel this summer if you don’t have THIS. <— IMPORTANT HOTEL NEWS!
- Disney World is asking guests to confirm, change, or cancel hotel reservations! <— BIG PLANNING NEWS
- Disney World is waiving cancellation and change fees through October 3rd. <— MORE BIG PLANNING NEWS
- Disney is launching a new perk for hotel guests on June 22nd.
- Disney World transportation updates that are coming soon.
- Spaceship Earth refurbishment reportedly postponed INDEFINITELY! <— BIG EPCOT NEWS
- The NBA is finishing its season at Disney World. Check out this fun welcome back message.
- Here’s the full list of NBA teams that will finish the 2020 season at Disney World.
- Disney World to start recalling thousands of cast members back to work.
- If you’re traveling to Disney World this year here’s how it will be different.
- The Disney College Program probably won’t return anytime soon.
- When will Disney World be normal again?
- Check out what’s new in Disney Springs.
- Multi-day theme parks tickets have been extended through September 2021.
- What happens if you book at Disney World this summer but end up canceling?
- We were live at the grand reopening of Universal Orlando. See more about it here.
- What surprised us most about the reopening of Universal Orlando. Read more about what we learned here.
- SeaWorld to use reservation system for guests when it reopens.
- How to choose the best masks for summertime at Disney World.
- What you need to know if you’re visiting Disney World in April.
- Why Disneyland might open in July.
- 10 ways Disney tricks you into spending more money.
- What’s the fate of AMC Theaters if they can’t reopen this summer?
- Disney cast members being recalled to work at select hotels and restaurants.
- What’s the real backstory of the “residents” of the Haunted Mansion?
- 38 things you didn’t know Guest Services could do for you at Disney World.
- Florida’s governor comments on the reopening of Universal Orlando.
- The Walt Disney Company donates $5 million to social justice non profits. See more here.
- Here’s what you need to know about wearing masks on theme park rides.
- Most of Florida has moved into Phase 2 of the reopening.
- Major League Soccer to resume 2020 season at Disney World.
- Universal Orlando debuts URest Areas for guests to remove masks.
- Find out how the virtual lines worked at Universal Orlando.
- Shanghai Disneyland is testing out a ‘Disney standby pass” for guests. Read more about guest reservations here.
- Here are some solutions for last-minute Disney World vacation disasters.
- Find out which face masks are good for all-day wear and which you should avoid.
- We were live at the reopening of Universal Orlando Resort. See more of our first look here.
- Check out one of the reopened hotels at Universal Orlando Resort.
- Universal Studios Hollywood is asking for permission to reopen.
- NBA players could stay at Coronado Springs when season resumes at Disney World.
- Disney Cruise Line has canceled its Alaska sailings for this year. Future cruise credits have been extended.
- Check out all the Disney cancellation news you might have missed.
- J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot pledges millions to social justice organizations.
- Check out the new safety video from Universal Orlando.
- Here’s our ultimate guide to a reopened Disney Springs.
- Did Disney World extend the expiration for the 4-Parks Magic tickets?
- Round one of our Disney movies throw down is done!
- Disneyland Resort pushes back reservations until mid-July.
- Everything you need to know about Disney World’s “secret” season.
- Check out the 9 weird things no one tells you about Disney World.
- Tokyo Disneyland announces continuation of closure.
- The Amphicars have returned to Disney Springs with a discount.
- These 9 things in Disney World are cooler than they sound.
- How Disney manipulates you and you don’t even know it.
- Check out the new patent Disney just filed.
- Find out what cast members can’t do when Disney World reopens.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- NEWS! These Disney World restaurants will be open starting June 22nd! <— HUGE DINING NEWS!
- ONE character dining experience is returning to Disney World. <— MORE BIG DINING NEWS!
- How Disney World dining is changing this summer.
- Could we see a change in the refillable mug policy at Disney World?
- Check out our review from the reopened Cookes of Dublin.
- Frontera Cocina has launched an online ordering system.
- Check out all the Disney Springs bars that reopened.
- Disney World is notifying guests about their canceled dining reservations.
- We’re ranking the World Showcase pavilions by their snacks!
- 11 fan-favorite Disney treats that Disney doesn’t even make.
- We shared a review of Planet Hollywood in Disney Springs.
- Amorette’s Patisserie has reopened, changed its menu, and raised prices.
- Ample Hills Creamery to begin shipping nationwide again.
- Check out the new meal campaign at House of Blues.
- Mobile Order at Universal was having issues at the Passholder preview.
- Planet Hollywood is currently closed in Disney Springs.
- We know the official reopening date for City Works Eatery and Pour House in Disney Springs.
- The House of Blues has reopened in Disney Springs.
- Cookes of Dublin has reopened in Disney Springs. Check out the happy hour deal here!
- Starbucks has a new drink and color-changing cups!
- Select Disney Springs restaurants are bookable on My Disney Experience.
- Check out our review from the reopened Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
- Take a peek at the latest entry in our Disney World diaries.
- Morimoto Asia has reduced its hours.
- We reviewed breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge.
- Here’s our latest Disney merchandise roundup.
- Kate Spade has reopened in Disney Springs.
- Check out this new Toy Story-inspired Loungefly backpack.
- Get these new Toy Story socks in Disney Springs.
- Check out these new face coverings we spotted in Sephora.
- The color blocked Corkcicles are BACK at Wine Bar George.
- This new merchandise was flying off the shelves in Disney Springs.
- We spotted some fun new sidekick merchandise in Disney Springs.
- We found some fun light-up cups in Disney Springs.
- There’s a new kitchenware collection featuring Boba Fett.
- There are some new additions to the ABC Disney collection.
- Check out the new magenta MagicBands.
- Check out this fun new Mickey Waffles phone case.
- We spotted this super fun Monorail merchandise.
- Baby Yoda is coming back to Build-A-Bear again!
- Universal Orlando is selling new face mask designs.
- The Art of Shaving has reopened in Disney Springs.
- Check out these cute Danielle Nicole backpacks available for pre-order.
- The Epcot-inspired Dooney & Bourke collection has arrived.
- Find out where you can make a customizable Baby Yoda tote bag in Disney Springs.
- Check out these new rainbow bags we spotted.
- Once Upon a Toy has reopened in Disney Springs.
- Check out these fun Disney-themed lunch containers.
- We found a cute new Minnie Mouse Donut pool float.
- Check out these new hand towels we spotted in Disney Springs.
- There’s a new rainbow jacket in stores now in Disney Springs.
- Loungefly has released new rainbow backpacks!
- You’ll never be late again with these cute Disney watches.
- Check out this fun “M” for Mickey hat!
- A new collection of Disney luggage has landed online.
- There’s a new collection of fun Disney magnets in Disney Springs.
- The Inside Out romper has arrived in Disney Springs.
- Check out the new Princess and the Frog collection from RockLove.
- You’ve gotta check out this new popcorn phone case!
- Here’s where you’ll find the most unique shopping at the Magic Kingdom.
- There are so many new Disney puzzles available online.
- Check out the new rainbow merchandise collection at Disney Springs.
- Loungefly has released a new Sensational Six backpack.
- Check out this new collection of Epcot attraction posters.
- Check out the new Pocahontas socks.
- We found some cute Disney kitchen sets.
- Check out the fun Disney goodies for a backyard pool party.
- These pool floats for your drinks are perfect for summer.
- We spotted some funny Forky socks in Disney Springs.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- 6 Unforgivable Disney World Changes
- 8 Things That Were Too Much for Disney World Guests!
- The Rarest Things to Happen in Disney World and How to Find Them
- The Latest Disney Parks News
The Disney Park Closures — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the closures and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- What is open and what is closed at Disney World.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
- 5 critical points in the new Federal guidelines that could affect Disney World and Disneyland.
New DFB Video — RARE THINGS in Disney World and How to FIND THEM!
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: RARE THINGS in Disney World and How to FIND THEM! — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Order the 2020 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2020 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2020!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared this pretty Disney Plate Set.
WDW for Grownups shared a review of The Polite Pig in Disney Springs.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Shrimp Ceviche.
Disney Family shared a recipe for Soup Spoon Cookies.