Shades of Green Resort, the Walt Disney World hotel reserved for members of the military, closed temporarily in March. The closure was scheduled to last until July 1st and was later postponed to July 15th.
Like the rest of the Walt Disney World hotels, Shades of Green, a Disney World resort for military members and their families, temporarily closed in March.
Walt Disney World has been closed since mid-March, meaning that a number of park tickets for this spring have had their dates extended.
We know that multi-day park tickets have been extended through September 26th, 2021, and that Annual Passes for those who paid in full can be extended, and now a DIFFERENT ticket option has been extended as well.
Now that Disney World has dropped a bombshell of updates to their policies regarding their July 11th reopening date, there’s a lot of confusion going around!
Following the announcement that a new reservation system will be needed to gain access to the parks, all previously booked Fastpass+, dining reservations, and Disney Dining Plans have been canceled, many guests are now left wondering if they’re even ELIGIBLE to gain access to the parks when they reopen. [Read more…]
We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the latest news for you. Today we have all the details on what’s happening due to the ongoing closures and more.
- Due to the current global situation, ALL Disney Parks will be closed until further notice. See all of our coverage HERE.
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
OK, it might not be “news” per se, but I loved my first taste of a Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwich in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom this week.
Also, take a peek at our list of Best and Worst Pizza in Disney World!
Click on the links below for more food news from Disney!
Disney Food News
- Tables in Wonderland announced new exclusive events!
- We taste tested a new Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments.
- Take a tour of what’s new around Walt Disney World and Disneyland!
- Shades of Green is featuring some food events and specials for April!
Of course, there’s more! Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including restaurant closures, updates, and more!
DFB Reader Finds
Let’s give a shout-out to WDW Chef Darren for sharing these snacks. He says: “What’s a stroll along Disney’s Boardwalk without a stop at the Bakery! Carrot Cake, Peanut Butter-Banana Pie topped with candied Bacon, and a double shot of the strongest espresso I’ve ever had!”.
And DFB Reader Salwa sent some morning goodies from Chef Mickey’s!
We can’t wait to see what our readers share with us next!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book Deal
The fully updated DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining 2014 e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 450 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subjects — food and dining in Walt Disney World.
It’s guaranteed to help you navigate your way to delicious dining on your next trip! And if you’re ready to get yours now, head on over to DFBGuide.com to pick it up!!
For our Grand Launch Sale, use code: 2014 to get a $4 discount for a limited time! And at the end of this post, we have details on even more savings!
Here Are Just Some Of What You Get With Our 2014 Guide:
- Over 450 Pages of Disney Dining and Planning information, tips, reviews, and recommendations!
- An in-depth Disney Dining Restaurant Reviews section, covering all Disney restaurants, food kiosks, bars, and lounges
- An updated Disney Dining Plan section and price analysis for 2014
- NEW Disney food and restaurant photos
- An updated Disney Snacks chapter, including our list of dozens of must-try snacks AND our Top 11 Must-Have Snacks for 2014.
- An updated section on birthday parties and specialty cakes in Disney World
- A comprehensive, 10-page chapter of What’s New in Disney World in 2014, including new restaurants, menu updates, and more
- Details about how the My Magic+ Planning System and FastPass+ will affect your vacation planning
- Our picks for the 11 Great Snacks you must try this year
- Scavenger Hunts, Trivia, and Top 5 List updates
- Bingo Cards
- Updates on all pertinent facts such as dining hours, prices, resources, phone numbers, and restaurant closures/openings
- All new restaurant additions, closures, refurbishments, and added dining experiences
- And much more!
But, of course we’re offering a discount for our Grand Launch week!! Again, to celebrate the launch and to thank you for your support of the blog, we’ll be offering the Guide for $4 off its standard rate for a limited time! Order your copy now at DFBGuide.com and use code: [Read more…]
Shades of Green located at Walt Disney World is an Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) for United States Military Members and their families!
This month, Shades of Green is offering a Food, Wine, and Music event along with discounted meals, and an Easter Basket delivery service. Check out these great happenings at Shades of Green!
Shades of Music: A Food, Wine, and Music Experience
Enjoy the second annual Shades of Music on April 4 and 5th featuring a World Cuisine Buffet with live music.
Cost: $16.95 adults; $7.95 kids
Reserve your spot now by calling 407-824-6466.
Steak and Seafood Specials
Mangino’s is open 5PM-9:30PM and offering Steak and Seafood Specials on Monday nights in April. Enjoy Surf and Turf or Prime Rib!
No landlubbers? Fridays in April feature [Read more…]
As the prices are reasonable, it’s also a budget-friendly place to grab a light dinner after a day in the parks. Evergreens serves sandwiches, wraps and burgers as well as salads, pizzas and snacks. The salads, wraps and sandwiches are quite good but the 8″ pizzas need improvement. (If you are in the mood for pizza I definitely would [Read more…]