We’ve been hard at work scoping out all the news for you this week. Today we have the details on the latest in the Disney theme parks and MORE!
See all of our coverage on Disney park reopenings HERE. We still have a LOT to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in… .
- There is a huge change coming to the boarding groups for Rise of the Resistance. <— BIG RIDE NEWS
- More Disney World Cast Members were laid off this week.
- 7 things you need to know about the new boarding group system for Rise of the Resistance.
- What do the Disney World layoff mean for 2021?
- Actors’ Equity Association addressed the latest round of layoffs.
- The CDC’s ‘no sail’ order has expired — so what’s next for cruising?
- Disney issues a statement about the most recent layoffs.
- Disneyland is canceling reservations through mid-November.
- Disneyland Paris has closed again. <— MORE PARK CLOSURES
- Read about our four-hour long experience at a special merchandise event.
- The CDC issued a Level 3 warning against non-essential travel.
Disney World Reopening NEWS!
- Disney World has extended park hours in mid-November.
- More theme park hours have been announced for early 2021. <– PLANNING NEWS
- These are the 2021 dates you need to know for Disney World.
- Find out what day in December still has Park Passes for Hollywood Studios.
- Alice in Wonderland has a new socially distant meet-and-greet.
- The most surprising things about New Year’s Eve this year. <— HOLIDAY NEWS
- Check out this Disney World hotel status update.
- What happens when Disney Springs hits capacity and you have a reservation?
- Does it make sense to go to Disney World for spring break 2021?
- Plexiglass dividers added to Slinky Dog Dash and Rise of the Resistance.
All the News From the Disney Parks
- Check out the Halloween crowds at Disney World.
- Oscar winner Sean Connery has died.
- Two Disney World attractions evacuated after small fire.
- The most important changes we’ve seen at the Magic Kingdom.
- The most important changes we’ve seen at EPCOT recently.
- Here are the most important changes we’ve seen in Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the new updates to the Disneyland Resort app.
- Aulani launches a mobile app ahead of reopening.
- The Rivers of America has been drained in the Magic Kingdom. Read more about the refurbishment here.
- Find out what’s new at Downtown Disney.
- Check out what’s new at EPCOT this week.
- More holiday decorations are going up at Disney World. Check out the Animal Kingdom. <— IT IS TIME
- Find out the details on the Disney Parks holiday special.
- Check out what’s new at the Magic Kingdom.
- Here’s what’s new right now in Disney Springs.
- 5 details you might have missed in the Disneyland announcement.
- See what’s new at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the latest update from Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
- Find out who is back in the Haunted Mansion.
- The Disney World entrance sign makeover has started.
- A new permit has been filed for Spaceship Earth.
- Disneyland is installing 23,000 health and safety measures.
- Nighttime castle projections are being tested at Magic Kingdom.
- Snoap machines are being installed in Disney Springs.
- Check out the changes at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- See where you can meet Santa in Downtown Disney.
- California’s governor addresses why Disneyland can’t reopen right now.
- The PeopleMover refurbishment has been extended. Again.
DFB Reviews and Food News
- This EPCOT Food and Wine Festival treat got a spooky Halloween makeover.
- One of our favorite treats is back in EPCOT.
- We tried a classic treat with a Halloween twist!
- Check out this chocolate cookie recipe.
- Was this Halloween cupcake as basic as it sounded?
- Boozy gelato shakes are back at D-Luxe Burger. <— TIME FOR A SHAKE!
- Two holiday drinks just arrived in Disney Springs.
- See where you can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in Disney Springs.
- This fall treat got the Halloween treatment this week.
- Spice Road Table is halting reservations starting in December.
- Pumpkin Spiced Toffee is available now in Downtown Disney.
- Refillable holiday mugs have arrived in Disney World.
- We spotted Werther’s popcorn in a strange place.
- We reviewed a burger served on garlic toast at Regal Eagle.
- Check out this retro popcorn bucket in Disneyland.
- The worst food you should totally eat in Disney World. <– GO AHEAD. EAT IT.
- Morimoto Asia is hosting a new dining event this month.
- Check out our epic flavored chips battle.
- New Starbucks mugs arrived in Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom.
- What is vegan lobster and why should you eat it? <— REALLY?
- We shared updates on new and returning drinks in Disney World.
- Four Disney World restaurants got big menu updates.
- Disney World snacks you have to try at least once.
- We reviewed a secret menu lobster mac and cheese.
- Check out our new review from the 50s Prime Time Cafe.
- The new Starbucks holiday mug has arrived in Disney World.
- Check out this first look at the Everglazed Donuts coming to Disney Springs.
- Check out this new Pumpkin Pie Tart in Disney World.
- Coconut Man is back in Disney World.
- We’re having a sale on our DFB face masks. <— GET YOUR FACE MASKS HERE!
- Check out this cute Disney Advent calendar.
- A Star Wars star was in Disney World to launch a new lightsaber.
- We spotted a cute new water bottle at Disney World.
- There’s a new Baby Yoda phone case.
- We spotted new Pandora Minnie Ears that light up.
- This DVC spirit jersey is a little bit different.
- Check out this cozy new spirit jersey at Disney World.
- There are two new Star Wars spirit jerseys.
- Find out what store just closed in Disney Springs.
- The winning DFB reader face masks are now available.
- Check out the Disneyland version of the new Starbucks mugs.
- This new Winnie the Pooh backpack is really cute.
- More new face masks have arrived in Downtown Disney.
- Check out this new merchandise in EPCOT’s Italy Pavilion.
- Take a look at these Annual Passholder holiday MagicBands.
- We spotted some fun retro sweatshirts in the Magic Kingdom.
- Check out this fun new holiday Park Pal.
- Take a look at these new Disney pet outfits.
- Check out all the new Star Wars merchandise we found.
- There are new Alex and Ani bracelets in Disney World.
- Check out the new Sorcerer Mickey mug we found.
- We spotted a lot of new face masks at our local Disney Store.
- Check out the new Kyber Crystals in Galaxy’s Edge.
- There’s a lot of new Baby Yoda merchandise.
- Check out the new Peachy Queen Minnie ears. <— THEY’RE JUST PEACHY.
- Disney has added new inclusive merchandise for guests.
- Check out the fun new holiday phone case.
- There’s a new Disney Villains backpack.
- Take a look at this crazy sale on LEGOs in Disney World.
- Two fan favorite souvenirs are back at Disney World.
- We spotted two new Baby Yoda backpacks.
- New holiday merchandise available online and in Disney World.
- We found the best holiday merchandise ever.
More FUN Stuff
- Ride Tower of Terror from your living room.
- We’re surprised it took Disney this long to do these 5 things.
- You won’t even believe this thing you’re allowed to bring to Disney World.
- Here’s the 25 Days of Christmas schedule for Freeform.
- ABC has released its holiday schedule.
NEW DFB YouTube Videos
- 15 Things You Don’t Know How to Do in Disney World
- The Best & Worst Restaurants According to Cast Members
- Our Most Unpopular Disney World Opinions
- The Latest Disney Parks News
The Disney Park Reopening — Everything You Need to Know
- Here’s what we know about the reopenings and and travel to Disney World and Disneyland. <—IMPORTANT READ!
- Disney World and Disneyland closure questions answered. <–ALL FAQs ANSWERED
- A step-by-step guide to canceling, refunding, or rescheduling your Disney vacation.
- Should you cancel your Disney World vacation? <—IMPORTANT READ!
New DFB Video — 15 You Don’t Know How to Do in Disney World
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got FOUR brand new videos EVERY WEEK showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video: 15 You Don’t Know How to Do in Disney World — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Pre-order the 2021 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining for 25% off
It’s time to pre-order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2021 e-book!
With over 700 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
You can pre-order your copy today for 25% off the cover price! Just use code WDW2021!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared the Wishes Come True Blue Ears.
WDW for Grownups shared a review of Enzo’s Hideaway.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Fried Pickles.
Disney Family shared a recipe for a Winnie the Pooh Cake.