Another week has passed and this past week Disney released quite a lot of BIG news!
Planning to visit the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and wondering what items will be available? Been waiting for news about Disney’s Port Orleans Resort reopening? Hoping for news about Halloween activities at Disneyland? This week we got updates about all of that and MORE, and now we’re breaking it all down for you!
1. EPCOT Food & Wine Festival Menus & More
The EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival starts in just a few days (on July 15th) and we’ve already gotten a look at the entertainment that will be available, a peek at the merchandise, and a list of the booths that will be there. But, this week we finally got a look at the FULL menus for all of the food booths!
The available menu items include some returning favorites as well as a whole bunch of new treats to try! We’ve also gotten a look at the specialty drinks you’ll be able to enjoy at the Joffrey’s Coffee locations throughout the park, and a list of the items that will be on the Festival’s cheese crawl.
But, we noticed there’s one big item missing from the menus (hint: it’s a fan-favorite). So far, a number of booths are already up in EPCOT, and we can’t wait to see more of them up and ready to go once the Festival begins. Just keep in mind that some booths won’t open until October.
If you’re looking for Food & Wine Festival merchandise, we’ve already shared a first look at the upcoming collections. But, this past week we also got a peek at the NEW spirit jersey for this year’s Festival! It’ll be available online and in the park soon.
We’ll definitely be on the lookout for more updates about the Food & Wine Festival, and we’ll be sure to share them all with you!
2. More Disney World Hotels Are Reopening
Over the past few months, many of Disney World’s hotels have reopened, but soon you’ll be able to add a few more to that list. This week, Disney World announced reopening dates for Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — both Riverside and French Quarter.
Disney also announced reopening dates for Disney’s All-Star Music Resort and Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort.
Reservations are already available for all of these resorts and all of them will reopen by the end of this year.
3. Flavors of Florida Has Begun
You may be very familiar with the festivals that take place at EPCOT, but did you know that you can get some limited-time eats in Disney Springs this summer too?
During the Flavors of Florida event at Disney Springs, you can top by participating restaurants to get some limited-time snacks and meals inspired by the Sunshine State!
You can also grab some merchandise inspired by Florida and more. We’ve shared a whole BUNCH of details about the event (including a list of all the food items you can grab there) and reviews of some of the new items including a booze-infused eclair, fried gator bites, a key lime chocolate pop, and an orange blossom cupcake!
The event will be going on through August 12th, so be sure to stop by and check it out while it’s available!
Click here to see more about the items you can get at the Flavors of Florida event and see our reviews!
4. More Restaurants Have Reopened
This past week a few more restaurants reopened in Disney World as well. Specifically, 2 fan-favorite spots are now available for guests to enjoy again. Earlier this week, the Main Street Plaza Ice Cram Parlor reopened in Magic Kingdom!
And today (July 9th), ‘Ohana reopened at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
We’ll be bringing you full reviews of this ‘Ohana’s breakfast and dinner menus soon, so stay tuned for that!
Dino Diner at Disney’s Animal Kingdom also reopened this past week. And Golden Oak Outpost surprised us by reopening in Magic Kingdom.
We also did want to mention that while The Wave…of American Flavors will be closing on July 16th to be “reimagined,” this past week Disney announced that you’ll still be able to get some breakfast favorites from The Wave at California Grill for a limited time once The Wave closes!
We’ll definitely be checking out this breakfast with a view at California Grill and we’ll let you know our thoughts!
Over at Disneyland, we also checked out 2 newly reopened spots. First, we stopped by Refreshment Corner in Disneyland Park, which reopened with a SPICY new hot dog.
Mickey Bars better watch out — these are some of the BEST ice cream treats in Disneyland!!
5. Halloween Activities and Events Announced for Disneyland
We’ve already gotten a full look at the dates the event will take place, what will be included, ticket prices, and more!
Click here to see if Disneyland’s halloween event is a WAY better deal than Disney World’s Boo Bash?
This week Disneyland also confirmed that Haunted Mansion Holiday will be returning and they announced all kinds of fun Halloween activities guests will get to enjoy in the parks.
We can’t wait to see spooky season in action in Disneyland!
And that’s our big wrap-up of the Disney news this week. Check out more Disney news stories below:
- 2 restaurants are set to close permanently at Disneyland Resort
- 2 New Haunted Mansion ears and new Toy Story Ears have arrived in Disney World
- Disneyland Paris announced a PAID FastPass program and they are resuming Annual Pass sales
- New food items arrived in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney World
- We asked our readers whether they would PAY for FastPass and they were split!
- Disneyland is offering a special ticket deal for select guests
- New park maps arrived in EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios with some big changes
- COVID cases are on the rise in Central Florida
- Early registration for select guests for the runDisney Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend has begun, and the villains themes for the runs have been announced
- The host of “Must Do Disney” has shared a farewell message
- Foam soap dispensers that release Mickey-shaped soap have arrived in Disney World!
- You can mobile order from 2 more Joffrey’s Coffee locations in Disney World
- We got a special look at the Marvel restaurant on the Disney Wish cruise ship (can you actually CHANGE the size of your food?!?!), and details about more restaurants coming to the ship
- We got a new trailer for Encanto, a Disney film coming soon
We’ll continue to keep an eye out for more Disney news and we’ll let you know what we find. Stay tuned to DFB for all the latest updates!
Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be visiting Disney World or Disneyland soon? Tell us in the comments!